Fault finding A3 8V 1.4 manual

Team Traxxion

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Is anyone able to shine some light on this fault code please? My carfeels under powered, and when I run VCDS it shows this.

Any help would be much appreciated. As you can see, it's hardly high mileage!

Thanks in advance.

Chris

2 Faults Found:
19404 - Turbo/Super Charger Boost System
P2263 00 [172] - Performance
MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 114
Mileage: 17098 km
Date: 2017.03.04
Time: 15:36:01
Engine speed: 1045.50 /min
Normed load value: 15.7 %
Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
Coolant temperature: 80 °C
Intake air temperature: 45 °C
Ambient air pressure: 980 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 11.567 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Charge pressure actuator: specified position: 140.00 %
Bypass valve f high press turboch turbine inlet: actual value: 132.45 %
Charge pressure actuator: adaptation for lower stop: 3439.0 mV
Bypass valve for high press turbocharger turbine inlet: status-Bit 0: 0
Bypass valve for high press turbocharger turbine inlet: status-Bit 16: 0
Bypass valve for high press turbocharger turbine inlet: status-Bit 24: 55
Bypass valve for high press turbocharger turbine inlet: status-Bit 8: 66
Bypass valve for high press turboch turbine inlet: uncond volt: 4581.0 mV
Charge air pressure: actual value: 978.75 hPa
17141 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2: Heating Circuit
P0036 00 [237] - Malfunction / Open Circuit
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 17098 km
Date: 2017.03.04
Time: 15:35:59
Engine speed: 1250.00 /min

I suspect @DJAlix is one of the few people who can shed light on this for you without taking it to a audi dealer. Although, with a 17,000km on it, I wouldn't be wasting time, I'd be dumping it directly at Audi's door.

Unless of course 'Team Traxxion' is a team that likes to tinker outside the confines of the warranty... ;)

Reactions: DJAlix
Faulty turbocharger
Faulty boost pressure sensor
Faulty injection pressure control
Faulty exhaust back pressure sensor
Faulty wastegate
A leak in oil supply lines
Broken or loose vacuum lines

Symptoms of the P2263 code

Lack of engine power
Poor acceleration
Low boost pressure
Strange noises coming from the turbocharger
Strange noises coming from the engine
The vehicle may stall and shut off during operation

Reactions: DJAlix
I suspect @DJAlix is one of the few people who can shed light on this for you without taking it to a audi dealer. Although, with a 17,000km on it, I wouldn't be wasting time, I'd be dumping it directly at Audi's door.

Unless of course 'Team Traxxion' is a team that likes to tinker outside the confines of the warranty... ;)

As above... problem could be stemming from any one of the above, or combination of. I would be booking this in with Audi.
Hi Lads
Thanks for your relplies. Sorry for slow reply, but my daughter has been in a coma and I have been unable to get back to the forum. I would lie to get these issues sorted if possible as the first MOT is looming in a few weeks!
No tinkering from me, just some very helpful 'mods' as posted by DJAlix.
As the car was previously involved in an accident, Audi are not interested. I take on board the possibilities above, but other than start buying parts and bolting them on, how do I narrow it down or check these items are working?

Hi Lads
Thanks for your relplies. Sorry for slow reply, but my daughter has been in a coma and I have been unable to get back to the forum. I would lie to get these issues sorted if possible as the first MOT is looming in a few weeks!
No tinkering from me, just some very helpful 'mods' as posted by DJAlix.
As the car was previously involved in an accident, Audi are not interested. I take on board the possibilities above, but other than start buying parts and bolting them on, how do I narrow it down or check these items are working?

Did you buy the car from Audi?

I don't see how they can write off a warranty claim due to damage, especially not an engine fault unless the engine suffered severe damage. If you had sideswiped rear door, they have no grounds.

Did you buy the car from Audi?

I don't see how they can write off a warranty claim due to damage, especially not an engine fault unless the engine suffered severe damage. If you had sideswiped rear door, they have no grounds.

Hi, no my daughter bought the car from a car dealer. I'm not sure what the damage was, but I agree, to not look at or entertain engine issues is no fair. I presume they are looking at it from a 'it wasn't fixed by audi' point of view! Very frustrating as I'm literally left with a pretty pile of scrap if I can't get it sorted out!

Hi, no my daughter bought the car from a car dealer. I'm not sure what the damage was, but I agree, to not look at or entertain engine issues is no fair. I presume they are looking at it from a 'it wasn't fixed by audi' point of view! Very frustrating as I'm literally left with a pretty pile of scrap if I can't get it sorted out!

Hm, the car was a Cat C / D write off?
I can sort of understand why they wouldn't want to touch a previously damaged car that wasn't repaired by them, they can be sensitive about that... there are some bad repairs out there and they won't want to take the risk of getting involved in one but I'm sure yours is fine.

All you can do now is ask Audi for them to give good reason for not investigating.

It's like Apple with an iPhone, they will replace your screen for you at a fee no problem. But, if you or anybody other than Apple has had that phone open prior to the repair they will refuse to work on it. Reason being the phone could be damaged inside and they won't want to accept liability if it goes wrong.

Did you purchase the car from a audi dealer? Even so a car sold must be fit for purpose and if you aren't responsible for this damage then the dealer should fix it...