Fault Codes - help?

Dannymoto

Reaction score
06481 & 00564 any help?

Think the first one is to do with the cooling fans, when my car is cold I start it and the big fan starts to spin, the smaller one doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Danny.

06481 is radiator fan and you need to replace the primary cooling fan.

00564 is your Boost Pressure Regulation Limit Exceeded and from as far as I know you just need to have your turbo cleaned.

06481 is radiator fan and you need to replace the primary cooling fan.

00564 is your Boost Pressure Regulation Limit Exceeded and from as far as I know you just need to have your turbo cleaned.
Is it the small or big fan?
The big fan comes on but the small one doesn't?

I've just had a new turbo fitted.

From as far as I know it is the bigger one but replacing both of them would make sense because it may be one making the other have a fault.

I have seen that you need to get it cleaned but its also an overboost conition,is your car remapped?

From as far as I know it is the bigger one but replacing both of them would make sense because it may be one making the other have a fault.

I have seen that you need to get it cleaned but its also an overboost conition,is your car remapped?
Is there anything I can do before buying them? Like check a fuse?

It was over boosting because I had a new turbo and that's the reason so might check it again next week.

The fan is the issue, the engine is cold and the big fan comes on:/

Yes check the fuse,make sure non of the wiring is burnt out and nothing is blocking anything.

Yes it is an overboosting condition but i did forget to mention that the N75 valve can also be at fault sometimes with this error code.

Yes may be something to do with the thermostat if the fan is coming on when the engine is cold. Im not sure if there is a way of checking if the thermostat is working properly though,never came accross this problem so never had to check the thermo.

If your changing the fan, you have to get a fan kit, which is both fans. Just had to get mine replaced as my aircon didn't work, £250 ish for the fans

I think the fuse is F8 in the engine bag fuse box

The N75 is a computer controlled boost controller. When the computer senses there is enough boost it sends a signal to the N75 valve to open and it opens the wastegate so your turbo doesn't overspool.

I stole the N75 Valve description from somewhere else but it still shows you what it is.

The N75 is a computer controlled boost controller. When the computer senses there is enough boost it sends a signal to the N75 valve to open and it opens the wastegate so your turbo doesn't overspool.

I stole the N75 Valve description from somewhere else but it still shows you what it is.
Right okay I'll check that fuse tonight!

Also I'm going to see if the smaller fan comes on when I use air con.

It may be worth checking the thermostat as well as checking to see if the car comes on when the air con is on.

Let me know how it goes :)

It may be worth checking the thermostat as well as checking to see if the car comes on when the air con is on.

Let me know how it goes :)
Where is the thermostat, does anyone know?

If its cheap to replace then I will do that first, would make sense if its faulty as the car would think its hot thus making the fan come on even when the engine is cold?

I'm currently at work so at lunch I will put the air con on and see if both fans work...

From as far as I know it is next/around the alternator,there is tutorials on youtube on how to get to it.

F8 isn't broken but it is 15A(blue)? Should it be 10A (red)??

Yes it should be a Red10Amp. I wouldnt remove it because fuse 8 also is for the EGR,Canister Purger,somet to do with the intake manifold,valve for the camshaft timing anf the map-controlled engine thermostat. Maybe replacing it might help and then try replacing the thermostat if no look when testing it.

Yes it should be a Red10Amp. I wouldnt remove it because fuse 8 also is for the EGR,Canister Purger,somet to do with the intake manifold,valve for the camshaft timing anf the map-controlled engine thermostat. Maybe replacing it might help and then try replacing the thermostat if no look when testing it.
Yeah I will buy a 10A and replace it and then go from there! Thanks for the help