fault codes help needed!

zornyan

Reaction score
So on my other halfs aum 1.8t its had these 2 damm fault codes since buying it last year. 17705 air leak. And the other for sai incorrect flow

So far i have replaced

Maf
Hockey puck
all the hoses under the inlet with silicone jobbies.
Recirc valve
Spark plugs
All filters
Cleaned the tb
Blocked off n249 and used silicone hose so dv is mechanically controlled.

Still same damm fault codes. Car pulls well low down but goes really flat above 4k

Cant find any split pipes or loose connections

Any suggestions or help is welcome as im at the end of my tether now!

Btw all the replacement parts were genuine audi not pattern. Also to add the rev counter moves about slightly at idle. If i disconnect the maf it stays steady.

17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
Power Loss
Possible Causes
Leaking Hoses and/or Pipes between Components
Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249) faulty
Diverter Valve faulty
Throttle Body dirty
Vacuum leak
Possible Solutions
Check Hoses and Pipes between Components
Check / Replace Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
Check / Replace Diverter Valve
Check / Clean Throttle Body
Perform Throttle Body Alignment (TBA)
Check for Vacuum leak(s) including PCV system
Special Notes
Did anyone install an extra (wrong) dump valve?
When found in the NAR 2.0T (BPY) check RVUTB: 01-09-03 or 2018919 for updated Crankcase Breather Valve
If the breather valve is faulty, full engine vacuum is typically found when removing the oil cap at idle.
When found in the 3B B5/B5.5 Passat 1.8T, check the PCV "bleeder valve" for example part number 06B-103-245
One way to troubleshoot the problem is to pinch closed the vent hose under the coolant bottle, that attaches to the bleeder valve and see if the idle smooths out.

This is a known software bug in some ECU's... normally gets mapped out by decent tuners...

<tuffty/>

Recirc was a new gen audi item from the dealer.

Gops the 2 engines in the notes arent related to.my aum are they?

Struggling to find a cause

Well she wants it remapped and so do i. Just wanted to get the new silicone tip and cat back exhaust fitted before getting it mapped at amd.

They suggested they may be able to code out the sai so im going to remove it and fit a resister first. Just want to make sure theres no pressure drop before the map to make the most of it.