Fault code reader

Billy0090

Reaction score
hey guys

Got a check engine warning light
Had it reset by garage last week but it’s come back on it was for swirl flaps. I have no lack of power or any problems with the car it’s just the light.

Anyway I can read the codes ? I have an odb reader that connects to my phone but unsure if it works with these ?

I tried the disconnect battery trick but the light still remains ( for now I tried after 5 mins so I’m leaving it a bit longer )

Cheers

I'm not sure what your question is, but if you clear the fault code without fixing the fault, it will keep coming back.

If you want to know if there's a diagnostic app that will work with Audis, then the answer is yes, Carista. Click here and here.

The kit for fixing the swirl flaps should only be about £20 these days, depending what engine you have. But from memory, weren't you planning to have it mapped out?

Reactions: V6_Man
Yea I’m having it mapped out but just wanted to check th light to make sure it’s refering to them and somthing else , so my question was can the odb Bluetooth scanners work ?

Yea I’m having it mapped out but just wanted to check th light to make sure it’s refering to them and somthing else , so my question was can the odb Bluetooth scanners work ?
I don’t know about Bluetooth but my wifi dongle works fine with Carista app on iOS.

I have the Carista dongle on Android it uses Bluetooth. Works fine with the Carista app and Torque. But... have found Carista found codes when Torque didn't. But Carista seem to charge for the codes now. :(

Screenshot 20180517 120137

Stonefish, one thing though, regardless of which dongle you have, what is essential is to have supporting software that allows for all the car's smart modules to be interrogated and all VW Group extended range of codes read and ideally labelled/identified. Having a generic OBD2/EOBD scan tool will only reveal emissions related fault codes, and maybe a few more if you are lucky.