Fault code P0544 (EGT Sensor)

robapp1985

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping somone out there can point me in the right direction with this, my 2009 A3 2.0TDI has thrown this code up;

01348 Sensor 1 for Exhaust Temperature
Bank 1 (G235) : Circuit Malfunction P0544

I am vaguely aware that this relates to the EGT sensor but where is it actually located, how do I get to it and will it need replacing??
I have done a quick search on this but I have been unsuccesful in finding any info that relates specifically to my A3 engine type.

Any advice will be very much appreciated

Cheers, Rob

Could you be more specific or is it a mind numbing trial and error exercise?

Sensor 1 is the sensor closest to the engine, in your case the pre turbo EGT sensor.
Item 12 on the drawing.
http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-...3-exhaust-gas-turbocharger-exhaust-manifolds/

sensor 2 is usually post turbo pre DPF and sensor 3 post DPF.

You need to locate the sensor and follow the wiring to the connector. make sure the wiring is good and connector seated OK. The sensor has probably failed, if you undo the connector for the sensor then recheck the fault codes you should find that the fault probably stays the same .

Attachments

• g235 sensor location.pdf
    118.6 KB · Views: 3,278
Thanks for that desertstorm, I'll look into this tomorrow and report back :)

Hi, I have the same error code on an 58 Audi A3 2.0 140 sports back. Vrm P30gdf. Can anyone tell me the exact part code? Seems to be loads??? Also I’m away a specific socket is needed but is this a diy job? Thank you in advanced