1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Fault code 01794 and 00493?

quiksilver_jake May 31, 2016

1. quiksilver_jake

quiksilver_jake Registered User

Hi, cam out of work to find a dash light one today, the yellow car with skid marks. I've scanned it on my hand held scanner and got the two codes above. My mates scanned it for me and got a full description of implausible signal. Does anyone have any idea what the problem would be? how to fix it? Price of a new sensor or where it is located as there is alot of conflicting information. Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. quiksilver_jake

Read to change brake light switch, done that, nothing. Any other ideas before I got to audi ?

4. SDHA4SLine

SDHA4SLine Registered User

Isn't that the stability control light?

5. SDHA4SLine

Have you searched the net? 1st thing that came up for 01794 was...

01794 - Control Module: Incorrect Chassis (VIN) Number

Have you replaced a control module recently? Look at this
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01794

6. SDHA4SLine

7. quiksilver_jake

Been trying to log in for a fews days with no joy to respond. read all of that checked most of it and got no where. Went to main dealers and had a scan, they say the esp module needs replacing before they can even look at anything else? the older version is £150 new through eBay, the new version is £600 new from Audi, stripped out the centre console radio and climate to find the sensor under tge climate control, I checked the part number and i have the old version. I have ordered a new old version to try first and I'll go from there. Not much useful info on the Web on this to be honest so hopefully it will help someone else

8. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

just another option, have you tried clearing the faults via vcds first then running the car to see what occurs, it may well be a duff unit, but may also be an error, clearing the fault log will give you a better idea , if the error occurs again then that's conclusive but if not then don't mess with it , if its working correctly you shouldn't get a fault condition again,worth a try first.
    I stalled my Quattro a while back on a steep hill, the engine management light was straight on with a fault , went in with vcds and checked everything, cleared the fault log and it's been fine since.

9. SDHA4SLine

Good point rob, I had an error pop up a few months back (egr related iirc), and for some strange reason it disabled my cruise control. After clearing the error cruise control worked again and error never reappeared

10. carlcall

carlcall Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I think Audi's in general do this Steve....it's as if they've added something to the software for a laugh.

11. quiksilver_jake

I fixed this and havent had any more issues.

Audi wanted approx £500 for the 'new' version, via ebay a new older version was found and fitted.
    BOSCH ESP DUO SENSOR for ACCELERATION & YAW RATE 4F0907637 approx £150.

It was located past gear stick under aircon unit mounted to the tunnel. once fitted drive in a straight line for approx 100m to calibrate (or up your road).
    Job done with a nice £ saving!

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Daza

Daza Registered User

I had the same recently after i retro fitted DIS and Cruis, i thought it was something to do with the steering direction senser, i re alligned the steering wheel in the settings, you know 30 degrres one way and back etc, its fine now. if you retro fit cruise and it doesnt work try restting this.