Fault code 005913 / P1719

NotNormal

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.thewrs.uk
6536b4919d773b79d09b7ab4e544c6c1_zpsff32229f.jpg

Any help / ideas, no fault codes in the engine ecu or anywhere else in the car ?!

The fault occured two weeks ago. Clear it then scan again after a couple of engine cycles.

Sorry, i should have explained, the fault happened 4 weeks ago, then i cleared it, it then happened again, took the photo, then its happened 5 or 6 times today, but being lazy i used the older photo ;)

I wouldn't have posted unless i've exhausted all possible eventualities and option, so i pose the question to the masses :)

any constructive help anyone ?

No info out there on the code but as it's intermittant and ECU related I would check all the connections the ecu for signs of water ingress, corrosion and integrity

Sorry pal, I'm an A4. Try posting in the relevant A6 section and I'm sure you'll get more help there.

Have you enabled anything with vcds at all in the last month or so as I've seen that warning when a feature has been enabled & the system isn't available to work properly or at all, speculative atm.

Is the you feel a loss of power while driving ?

sometimes the car does feel alittle flat, but not massively down on power

Have you enabled anything with vcds at all in the last month or so as I've seen that warning when a feature has been enabled & the system isn't available to work properly or at all, speculative atm.

no, nothing that's related to engine/gearbox anyway.

Video in motion, tpms, that's about it
the tpms I've now turned off again, as my abs control unit doesn't support it fully, I can activate everything but it doesn't let me set the pressure in the mmi
I'll turn off the video in motion tomorrow, as I can't get it to play DVDs in motion or stationary haha

is there a way of resetting everything to factory via vcds or on the car ?

this fault was first logged the day before I picked the car up though - so I'm fairly positive it's not coding related but I'm happy to turn off everything I've changed to check

I wonder if the tpms has caused this then, when did you set tpms?

Take another picture full screen, see your software number gearbox.
How is your car, which year and what engine code, what code transmission?
How do you turn on your TV in mottion?

Last edited:
I wonder if the tpms has caused this then, when did you set tpms?

I only tired the tpms a couple of weeks ago, but the fault first recorded about 4 weeks ago, before i collected the car, so I don't think it's tpms related

Take another picture full screen, see your software number gearbox.
How is your car, which year and what engine code, what code transmission?
How do you turn on your TV in mottion?

will do it once I return home

It wasn't anything related to coding

Turns out it was an issue related to the fuel system

Every two seconds after the low fuels pressure code flashed up the gearbox fault was logged
Then the low fuel pressure fault vanished from the ecu

The cars had a complete fuel system bar the tank and on fuel pipe as per a TPI from Audi - I've done 1000 + miles and its faultless
the cars slightly better on fuel and the performance is back

Tom

Reactions: gupsterg
It wasn't anything related to coding

Turns out it was an issue related to the fuel system

Every two seconds after the low fuels pressure code flashed up the gearbox fault was logged
Then the low fuel pressure fault vanished from the ecu

The cars had a complete fuel system bar the tank and on fuel pipe as per a TPI from Audi - I've done 1000 + miles and its faultless
the cars slightly better on fuel and the performance is back

Thanks for update ... happy :racer:...

Are there any errors in the engine control unit?

the error of low fuel pressure only came on until the ignition was switched off - then it was gone from the memory when I checked with vcds

it wasn't until just before we got to the bottom of it the code stayed in the ecu for a longer time

Thanks for update ... happy :racer:...

indeed, very happy motoring :D

car need check for update ,engine ECU and gear-box ECU.
I need your engine ECU number and software number.
Perhaps I have the software, I have to check and compare these with your ECU