Fat 5's are on!

Geeman

Low Life
Reaction score
Sad that the BBS's have gone, but these bad boys create much more of an impact!

110.jpg

210.jpg

310.jpg

410.jpg

510.jpg

Reactions: Raiden
Ha Ha very nice buddy! Looks like all that effort was worth it! How wide are the rims,tyres and are you running spacers? Looks pretty close to the arch on the rear! Whats the offset? Got mine on some spacers now (15mm front/20mm rear)They are actually on the limit of the arch! Offset is 28 rear/33 front.

They do look awesome, but the tyres ARE too narrow :(

From the pics it looks like you've got a lot of camber on the rear? Is that just a trick of the angle? If you do have a lot of camber on the rear then theres something wrong with the axle!

Aragorn... no camber on the rears... look at the last shot - perfecetly straight! Granted, the tyres may be 5/10mm too narrow, but that's what they arrived with, so running them till I decide which size to go for.

RS Rawli / Soupie / 205man / Bong / 6-speed / MAnzi - cheers for the nice comments guys.

Ollie... yeah, eventually the wheels I really wanted! They are 8.5x18" ET 45 - still just running the 10mm hubcentric spacers on the rear with nothing up front. The tyres are 215/35's all round - slightly wrong width with these rims and wrong profile I think, but they seem to work well at the moment. I could pop a 15mm spacer on the rear with the existing tyres, but then the wheel would be sticking out... not quite what I'm after. Might put a 5mm up front and see how that sits.

theres something familar about them but can't quite put my finger on it...

they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery :moa: haha just kidding they look great. your car looks alot tidier than mine

MAN THAT LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::respekt: :respekt: :respekt::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

NICE SHOTS :photo:

theres something familar about them but can't quite put my finger on it... they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery

It's your fault I've got them... as yours looked so good with them on! :o.k:

Why does all the negativaty start when somebody decides on a set of wheels for their car??? Noticed it a bit here, at the end of the day, these cars are designed to run standard "16 wheels etc so to fit "18 with narrower tyres doesnt mean its wrong, either its needed for clearance purposes or other reasons but either way Audi never designed a B5 to run "18 wheels with specific size tyres!!! Personally, i think they look great Geeman, look smart and fit for purpose i.e modding a car to fit non standard size wheels that dont rub etc. And there doesnt look like any camber issues with them. Seen plenty of cars with severe camber and this looks very tame compared, at end of day, wot modding is all about, personal taste!

Audi never designed a B5 to run "18 wheels with specific size tyres!!!

B5 RS4 did.
but I agree, they look great. from a distance they look like 19" but it is just the tyre profile.

what is the ride like on them?

The reason i said they're too narrow is becuase the tyres are stretched inwards, with the wheel rim extremely exposed and the tyre sidewall at a huge angle.

Tyres arent designed to operate in conditions like that, and will not be performing anywhere near their best, not to mention the rim and sidewall being extremely exposed to damage from the pristine roads in this country.

I asked about camber becuase one of the pics looked a bit odd, but i suspect its just the angle its taken at.

In my opinion, modifications should be done with function first and form second. Plenty of people run 18" wheels with tyres that fit correctly so its not impossible to achieve. Theres no point doing something to the car if the car then doesnt work properly afterwards. I could fit some 22" chromes and remove the springs to make it look "pure amazing" but if it then wont drive or i cant steer whats the point...

As geeman pointed out, they're still fitted with the tyres that they came with, so hes not made any active choice to fit those, which is fair enough.

Personally, i'd be looking to try and ditch some of the spacing on the rear, and run a 235 tyre on there, but having not seen the car i dont know how much clearance there is to do that.

B5 RS4 did.

Touche my good man:whip:

But different cirumstances:moa:

All in all, tyres could be a bit wider but im sure will perform almost as good bearing in mind u avoid standard potholes which are fitted to most uk roads:jester:

I just got proper stuck. The belly was on the floor, and the front wheels were not.

Pooping it down with rain, blocking the entrance to the church (christening)... ended up having to jack the car up, place things under the front wheel and back off the offending manhole cover/sunken drain. Got proper soaked while everyone just sat there and watched me.

Made a right mess of the drain cover... think I may have dented something underneath too. The vicar even mentioned me in the sermon as they had to delay the service by ten minutes while I unblocked the entrance! :redface:

Raise the car up to stop this happening again...? Naaaah! lol

Air-ride sounds inviting now...

Fu**ing hell buddy!!! What a predicament to be in!!! Those jack buggers, someone could have helped you. Car is shaping up to be a diamond. Keep it up! (Excuse the pun!).

Nice looks like a mini/shrunken A8...... :D

Although i don't subscribe to the Dub theme, slammed on it's **** etc. I do have to say that she does look good mate.

:icon_thumright:

Love it Geeman, looks sweet.

Thats how i'm gonna have mine, right on the floor with tyres that look like rubber bands!!!!........just how i like em

Well done

I just got proper stuck. The belly was on the floor, and the front wheels were not.

Raise the car up to stop this happening again...? Naaaah! lol
same thing happend to me on one of those one way toothed speed hump things..drove over it only to hear a clunk and get wedged propper solid on top of it..took me half an hour to get of it..didn't make me raise the beatch up though..

Sad that the BBS's have gone, but these bad boys create much more of an impact!

110.jpg

210.jpg

310.jpg

410.jpg

510.jpg
I’m looking at a set of these for my b5 avant, but I wanted to know if yours is a Quattro? As mine is 2wd the rear suspension is different if I’m correct? So would the wheels with et45 and being 8.5j foul my suspension? Any help would be much appreciated thanks

wow this is an old thread....

i think theres more room in the rear of a FWD than there is in a quattro. You might still need some spacing though.

wow this is an old thread....

i think theres more room in the rear of a FWD than there is in a quattro. You might still need some spacing though.
Thanks Aragorn, yeah I didn’t want to just start a new thread for a topic that’s already been raised lol. Now I just need to find some :thumbs up: