Fastest S3

Bug_racer

Reaction score
Im on the hunt for the worlds quickest S3 . Ive wondered if there are any quicker than my own .

Mine is a 2000 Audi S3 , Dolphin Grey 6 speed manual .
I'll try and list everything thats been done to it (so much I usually forget)
Best time of 12.6 @ 113 mph ( was done before any internal work was done )

Engine :
Custom Giac chip
bored and stroked to 2l
Carillo rods
Custom pistons and rings
Solid lifter head
Schrick cams
larger intake and exhaust valves
9.0:1 compression ratio
Del rio big turbo kit
gt28rs with .86 rear housing
custom downpipe
3 inch straight pipe for drag , stock cat back for street
custom 3 inch inlet pipe with s4 maf , stock airbox
GFB DV
Custom front mount intercooler
580cc injectors with 5 bar fpr
fuel cooler
VF fuel pump
Lightweight alloy flywheel
Modified sachs racing clutch and pressure plate
rebuilt 02M box with Peloquin lsd and high speed syncros
Modified tailshaft
competition Haldex controller
R32 brakes front and rear

I think thats all , happy to answer any questions

Car dynoed 242kw ATWs (front only) with turbo kit only
with new engine Dynoes 238 1000 rpm earlier but was shut down due to running too lean , peak power should be around 7500 rpm , 242 was achieved at 6300 rpm still tuning it .

Oh , it also ran 12.9 @ 112 , pump fuel , full interior , stock exhaust .

With just Giac chip , race fuel and GFB DV it ran a 13.7 @ 100 mph

Ive heard of another S3 with similar turbo kit in Brazil , but really havent seen any other 1/4 mile times

You've spent a small fortune there I see, but mine is quickest, as it's Black! :moa:

Welcome to the Forum by the way. :)

Do you have any pics of your beast?

I think that Brazilian is a yellow one. I've seen some videos of it (if it is the same one) racing a Ferrari on videos.streetfire.net

what about that crazy RS4 engined S3?

So true Golf!!! lol. Think its safe to say the car in question is pretty damn quick!!!

faster the car = smaller the penis!! good job mine aint a BT!! lol.

Bug racer, car sounds an animal... just converted kw in bhp and only works out at 342bhp?? thought itd be loads considering its a 2.0L??

I too was on the hunt for the world's fastest S3 - but I just couldn't keep up.

surley the r32 brakes arnt upto the job of stopping something with that power

Thats at the front wheels.How much do they loose through the fronts?

Mine was dynoed of the fronts only and came out at 227bhp, it is mapped to 260ish so i would say it loses just under 10%. Plus is his at the wheels of flywheel? I would have thought it should be producing 400bhp+

Ah just read his post again his is 342 at the wheels so to get a better reading it would be 342+ say 8% for not running it in 4wd and then + what ever you lose from taking the reading from the wheels rather than the fly wheel so probably over 400bhp if i'm correct?? Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!

Or in simpler terms 3 inches!!

I love how you guys throw it in about penis sizes .
The car was built for my now ex-girlfriend to the specs that she wanted in regards to everything .She obviously wanted more power but even with the gt28 , to fit it properly one of the ribs on the transfer case needed to be ground down in order for it to fit , so a gt30 wasnt gonna fit no matter what I did .

As for me , Im building a 1000hp+ VR6 Golf turbo . Does that make me have the smallest weener on this whole forum , or do I feel a bit of jealousy in some of the context :p

and the Audi in question , a quick vid of it here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12ZOY9jy_Y

The car was built for my now ex-girlfriend to the specs that she wanted in regards to everything .She obviously wanted more power but even with the gt28 , to fit it properly one of the ribs on the transfer case needed to be ground down in order for it to fit , so a gt30 wasnt gonna fit no matter what I did .

As for me , Im building a 1000hp+ VR6 Golf turbo . Does that make me have the smallest weener on this whole forum , or do I feel a bit of jealousy in some of the context :p

nice vid but you got toasted by herbie :)

lol. Im sure herbie prob had a porsche engine or the likes shoe horned in!!! And as for your weener, its probably massive along with your balls for doin a 1000bhp vr6!!! mentalist!! Good work mate!!!

Blimey you must have loved her, christ I would if my mrs wanted to upgrade my S3 like that!

On a side; you Supercharging the VR6 or something?

Why are there not many really powerful S3's around. It is not as if you can't get the power from the engines. As for fitting a GT30, is there a manifold that would enable this turbo to fit or is space an issue at the back of the bay?

As far as im concerned anything is possible!! ive seen a v8 in a lupo so im sure a gt30 with some good fabrication would fit!! lol

a gt30 would fit if you go top mount.
my cars a a3 quattro. going to be big turbo on thatsoon

the turbo im fitting is a gt30 and the is just enough room if you go top mount i posted some pics on here the other day showing you it will fit...

oh dear oh dear, for the money spent on creating a 1000+bhp golf why not get a half decent car, or a car that can atleast put the power down.
Wat is the point in spending 20k+ on a quater mile car that will be about 10 years+ old, and probably blow up.
to be fair if i were to get smoked by a 1kbhp golf aid just laugh and then enjoy thinking about what car i could have had instead.

Gratz medals for you

and no im not jealous my s3 is 330+bhp so its plenty quick enough, and ive got the stage where power means nothing and handling/fun is the way to go (drift etc).

Hurray for your ability to drive fast in a straight line, probably on public motorways putting people at risk

Brab3r

I didnt go the gt30 route cause it just wouldnt fit with current manifold . Sure I could get a new manifold , but then the dump pipe , intake pipe , oil and coolant supply etc etc would need to be changed , and all for what , an extra 100 hp ? Id rather get a 100 shot of NOS and still have change left over .

The purpose of the car was to build a fast , reliable drag/track car that can be driven daily . The car was driven daily for almost 2 years with big turbo kit and for 10 months with the engine with no real problems . The video was taken at a dragstrip in Warwick which is approx 800 kms (500 miles) from the workshop . Driven there , raced , driven back . The previous year the car did 27 passes over 2 days without a hiccup and holds the record for most passes over a weekend at the track . Fuel consumption is only slightly more than when it only had a chip on long drives and I still manage 550kms out of a tank .

As for me driving fast on public roads , well , 14 years driving without an accident or speeding fine . I save my racing for the track :racer:

And the Golf is being built cause I know there is so much potential from that engine that no-one has really exploited . I guess I just want to push the boundaries there . Being different and unique has its advantages and disadvantages . So many people dont beleive it could be done , and when you do it , well , the satisfaction of achievement is greater than the pain to get there ! :thumbsup:

Good luck to you mate. Its easy to go buy a big power Evo/scooby so to do this with your own money and take the risks (i.e. not getting the ££ back at resale) takes some bottle. Where abouts are you?

oh dear oh dear, for the money spent on creating a 1000+bhp golf why not get a half decent car, or a car that can atleast put the power down.
Wat is the point in spending 20k+ on a quater mile car that will be about 10 years+ old, and probably blow up.
to be fair if i were to get smoked by a 1kbhp golf aid just laugh and then enjoy thinking about what car i could have had instead.

Gratz medals for you

and no im not jealous my s3 is 330+bhp so its plenty quick enough, and ive got the stage where power means nothing and handling/fun is the way to go (drift etc).

Hurray for your ability to drive fast in a straight line, probably on public motorways putting people at risk

Brab3r

Why come on here with you stupid accusations, do you not realise in your few posts you have made that people on here are here to be friends and share info and help each other, it does sound to me that you maybe a bit envious of this chaps ability to build such cars or of his funds to carry out such projects, do you go ranting and raving when you see super modified fast cars at drag events, i suppose when you see the jet cars at drag days you say to them... Why did you spend all that money on that, you could have bought a... or got this...and i bet you speed on the public roads too, where do you get off accusing people you don't even know of speeding.
If it wasn't for people like this we wouldn't find out how far car's ability could be pushed and also isn't it most of the fun having a car in the garage and building it up yourself spending time on it, making it different competing in it etc etc just because you have a bt S3 means nothing and if your intersted in drifting etc what the hell are you doing in a S3.
If you go to festival or a meet etc etc you don't get people like you there going on about the above and speeding on roads etc..so why do it here..
The way i see it is if you have nothing constructive, helpful or nice to say turn your pc off.. Opinions are welcome but accusations aren't!
Right rant over!

I am with you S£. The original poster only mentions his mods, his quarter times (so obviously taken on a drag strip, not on the road). Correct me if I am wrong but he doesn't mention anywhere on his posts about road racing, beating other cars etc.

As for Brab3r, I am quite happy with my 'half decent car' (that is an S3) as you put it.

Jim,

Does the manifold and turbo set up clear the bulkhead and cam cover etc without modification. The manifold looks a brilliant piece of kit.

Mike

I appologise for my rant the other day, i wasnt having the best day.

And i lost one of my friends to a **** who was driving a nova with a 400bhp scooby engine in it, so ive always hated cars with silly big engines in.

And im not saying this would be like that at all, i just hope you can see where im coming from.

As far as the drifting goes that is why i hope to change my s in the not to distant future(gonna fit some coilovers first, and change the cambelt and service it etc and see if that re instates my love for driving it.)
If not then it will have to go, i just dont find them that fun.

Again i am sorry to bug for assuming you'd drive like an idiot, and i do respect the effort that would go into shoehorning the massive engine it would take to get a vr6 to 1000bhp. But as you know im never going to approve.

And to S£ im also sorry as i said it was a bad day, and i was in the wrong ranting, and i do love the atmosphere of everyone here, everyone is always helpful when needed, kind when needed and never behave like i did.

I hope you can forgive my rant.

Woah what you mean you lost your friend? If its what i think your saying then sorry to hear that man.

Bug_Racer is a highly respected mechanic for VW/Audi in Sydney. Puts a lot of time and effort into his work.

Good bloke from all accounts. Our paths are yet to cross, but will do when I get around to chipping mine.

So lay off the crap.

its as u think ibzz, he was killed.
The guy tried to overtake in a stupidly small gap, spun the wheels coz of the too much power and due to the lack of grip went into my friend

its as u think ibzz, he was killed.
The guy tried to overtake in a stupidly small gap, spun the wheels coz of the too much power and due to the lack of grip went into my friend

Sorry to hear dude , Ive lost mates as well to similar incidents and there really isnt much you can do . The driver at fault now has to live with that guilt for the rest of his life and its not fair on you or anyone else who is affected by these actions but it happens and you need to move on .

Going back to the original question , I take it no-one really has much info on any S3 quicker than what I own . Even if its rumours Id like to hear it .

As for my R32 brakes being too small , I really dont need to push the car that hard in order to use them , I was running 288mm brakes earlier and didnt even push the limit on those . Reality is if you drive sensibly then you dont need to upgrade your brakes . On the track its a different story , but the car is yet to hit the track , once it has then I can asses the situation again and make amends :thumbsup:

And just because I have around 500 hp ponies doesnt mean I go out and use em . Right now Im more curious about fuel economy and my average is :
11l/100km city driving (25.7 mpg)
9l/100km country driving (31.4 mpg)

It honestly isnt much more than when I first had the car with chip only
and the most Ive gotten out of 1 tank is 660kms or 410 miles :)

I agree bug_racer, i shouldnt have jumped to conclusions, i am sorry.
By the sound of it you are the opposite to that kind of person, as it sounds like you put alot of effort into your cars and drive them carefully.

I hope you can see y i went off on one, and also accept my appologies for it.

Brab3r

Why are there not many really powerful S3's around. It is not as if you can't get the power from the engines. As for fitting a GT30, is there a manifold that would enable this turbo to fit or is space an issue at the back of the bay?

that is ridiculous.
I can think of at least three 700bhp+ 1.8t engine A3 chassis cars in the US and the number that are running GT35/40's in the 500+ range is massive.

you can get what you like from an engine if you are prepared to put in the cash and scarifice drivability.

yes most of them see less than 200bhp until 4500-5000rpm
yes they live on the 1/4 mile
yes many of them are doing 10 second runs
but there are plenty of front wheel drive cars that make the UK's best efforts at tuning the 1.8t look like we have been asleep for 10 years.

That car flys!the chap who owns it now lives couple of roads away from me sound is awesome!