Farewell, off to the dark side.

txosbi

Reaction score
Well, I've had my Sepang 65 plate rs3 just over 2 years and loved every minute. I just happened to call into my local BMW dealer on Friday and they had an M135i in the grey I really like. Has all 3 packs, sunroof, plus new style alloys.

They called Monday to say they were closing at the end of Tuesday due to covid-19. Got a decent px at first plus 6k off list. Then an extra 1k on px.

To cut a long story short, I'm now running the M135i, what a car. The features and tech are amazing. Booking a ceramic coating next.

I just couldn't be bothered waiting for the new s3/rs3, so this fits the bill.

I'll stay lurking on the forum....

Steve.

Attachments

• 20200325_162030_copy_1024x768.jpg
    20200325_162030_copy_1024x768.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 587
  • 20200325_162038_copy_1024x768.jpg
    20200325_162038_copy_1024x768.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 573
  • 20200325_162046_copy_1024x768.jpg
    20200325_162046_copy_1024x768.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 555
  • 20200325_162102_copy_1024x768.jpg
    20200325_162102_copy_1024x768.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 557
  • 20200325_162110_copy_1024x768.jpg
    20200325_162110_copy_1024x768.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 566
  • 20200325_162114_copy_1024x768.jpg
    20200325_162114_copy_1024x768.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 571
  • 20200325_162134_copy_1024x768.jpg
    20200325_162134_copy_1024x768.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 579
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Ian66, reefer110 and 11 others
Well, I've had my Sepang 65 plate rs3 just over 2 years and loved every minute. I just happened to call into my local BMW dealer on Friday and they had an M135i in the grey I really like. Has all 3 packs, sunroof, plus new style alloys.

They called Monday to say they were closing at the end of Tuesday due to covid-19. Got a decent px at first plus 6k off list. Then an extra 1k on px.

To cut a long story short, I'm now running the M135i, what a car. The features and tech are amazing. Booking a ceramic coating next.

Steve.

Steve,

If your Happy :racer: that's really all that really counts buddy.

Terry

Reactions: txosbi

Steve.
Like the colour pal enjoy

Reactions: txosbi
Hope you enjoy your new M135i :icon thumright:, but I’m afraid I really don’t like the size of the kidney grills :puke:

Reactions: glospete and Adam14

Steve.
@txosbi - Fab looking M135i buddy - congrats :thumbs up:
Another jump shipper to the dark side ...

Reactions: Audi Bairn and NevMan
Looks great but those alloys look like they'll be a pain to clean.

What engine is in it? BHP?

Lovely. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on it after a few weeks of ownership.

Looks great, I've been watching some videos on the Motech versions. They look really good, still retain the OEM look but at the same time look a lot more aggressive.

Steve.
Awesome car mate congrats... Awesome timing also ie Covid lockdown.:thumbs up:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Awesome car mate congrats... Awesome timing also ie Covid lockdown.:thumbs up:
Cheers.

Timing was tight, had to sort everything on Tuesday and pick it up before they shutdown. I will probably call in when they reopen as I bet I will have loads of questions. 2 day detail and ceramic coating booked tomorrow and Saturday.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
Cheers.

Timing was tight, had to sort everything on Tuesday and pick it up before they shutdown. I will probably call in when they reopen as I bet I will have loads of questions. 2 day detail and ceramic coating booked tomorrow and Saturday.
Ask for discount if you get ''The BUG!'' lol

Surely a detailing business isn’t an ‘essential’ service at this present time????? :whistle2:
Depends, he may work for himself and from home, so just park the car, pass him the keys and see you in 2 days.

Reactions: AllanG, txosbi and pburv
Surely a detailing business isn’t an ‘essential’ service at this present time????? :whistle2:

Self employed. Doing it in my garage that will fit 3 cars, it has it's own toilet, water, power etc. He did my rs3. He will be perfectly isolated in there, I won't go near, and after I will bank transfer the money.

I'm acutely aware of the situation, but if I can help a self employed business out making sure we minimise the risk then I'm ok with that.

Reactions: Bryant1998, pburv, wab172uk and 8 others
Self employed. Doing it in my garage that will fit 3 cars, it has it's own toilet, water, power etc. He did my rs3. He will be perfectly isolated in there, I won't go near, and after I will bank transfer the money.

I'm acutely aware of the situation, but if I can help a self employed business out making sure we minimise the risk then I'm ok with that.

Win win, getting it done and the car is still there for you to look at when he's not! :)

Lovely car!! We were supposed to pick our 135i up last Thursday, but dealership (like you say) closed it's doors on Tuesday :grumpy:, absolutely gutted:sadlike:. Car had arrived at the dealership on Tuesday morning, but dealership shut at 4pm, not able to get PDI done, etc. Not sure when we will actually be able to pick it up.

Enjoy yours ............:racer:

Lovely car!! We were supposed to pick our 135i up last Thursday, but dealership (like you say) closed it's doors on Tuesday :grumpy:, absolutely gutted:sadlike:. Car had arrived at the dealership on Tuesday morning, but dealership shut at 4pm, not able to get PDI done, etc. Not sure when we will actually be able to pick it up.

What dealership

Ours was Douglas Park (Glasgow)
Yeah they where supposedly to close on the Wednesday but it got pushed forward by the staff themselves other wise Parks would still have had their dealerships open....they hadnt done any business for the last 2 weeks prior to closing, BMW plants had closed several weeks before this.....

That must be very frustrating, knowing the car is sitting there but no way of collecting it. And by the way things are going it could be weeks before you will be able to.

BMW plants had closed several weeks before this.....

When we closed on the 17th march all the BMW plants were still operating as usual, they closed after us! No way they have been down for 7 weeks already.

When we closed on the 17th march all the BMW plants were still operating as usual, they closed after us! No way they have been down for 7 weeks already.
BMW in Germany closed 2/3 weeks ago

Not surprised to hear that after my (aborted) dealings with them tbh
Dreadful upper management mate...hopefully when this scenario is over Jordan will go elsewhere his head of business is a *****

Dreadful upper management mate...hopefully when this scenario is over Jordan will go elsewhere his head of business is a *****
Exactly my experience of a Douglas Park Stirling. Glad I ended up going elsewhere

Reactions: Jassyo06

Does that mean you will have to pay the new increased Road tax?

Great looking car mate,much better than the old 1 series. With all the new digi dash etc which looks great it's a shame they don't fit a flat bottom steering wheel?. Would finish it off.

It's easy for people to say `Close down`, but as myself and the GF are both self employed, I don't think people realise just how hard self employment is in times like this.

GF is painter and decorator. Was booked up for the next 4 months. Pretty much all her customers postponed all her jobs within 2 days. Suppliers shut, so couldn't work even if she wanted to. Nothing wrong with a decorator in one isolated room, if hand washing and social distancing adhered to. But she doesn't have a choice.

She won't be able to get a single penny off the government till June at the earliest. She still has her van to pay for. Insurance, Tax etc. As well as her liability insurance. So any money in her business account needs to remain there, as bills need paying. So she can't pay herself for at least another 2-3 months.

I'm self employed, but limited company. So pay myself PAYE. Most of my work is finished now, and no new enquiries. I have outstanding invoices for February and March that now probably won't get paid as all my clients offices are now closed. And if they don't go bust while closed, I won't see my money for a few more months. So I've essentially worked the last 2.5 months for free.

I can claim 80% PAYE, but just had an email from my accountant this morning, and it looks like the government won't start this until late April. So this will affect most people on here, if their employer isn't paying their wages while this going on.

I have an enquiry from last week sat on my desk. My dilemma now is do I take it on, work for the next 4-5 weeks, and risk not being paid? Or say sod it, do ****** all all day, and claim 80% of my wages. At least that's guaranteed.

So for people saying `close down`, think of the self employed who don't qualify for help, or help is months away. They need to keep working the best they can, otherwise they may have a choice to make. Don't pay business cost, or don't eat. Not everyone is in the same position. Not everyone is ok.

There is a lass on my facebook, who is fanatical that every business should be closed, apart from the food shops. She couldn't care less if people lose their livelyhoods and everything they have. Why? Because her personal situation is good. So sod everyone else.

EDIT
AllanG, that wasn't a go at you by the way. It's just frustrating that some people don't realise that the self employed are going to be really struggling

Reactions: Baldyone, N.J.H and Audi Bairn
Does that mean you will have to pay the new increased Road tax?
Reading down the comments this is what I was about to ask.
The simple answer will be if it was not registered before 1st April then it will be liable for the increased first year VED.
I am in the same position....my car delivered to dealer on 24th but they shut that day.
Original first year rate was £210, but new rate is £540. This is for a Mercedes CLA 250. Increased CO2 due to WLTP testing seen it jump up into the next band - was originally around 135 g/km but now it is 155 g/km.
I am a cash buyer so will be liable for the full £330 but I have no intention of paying it, or any increase due to depreciation of my trade in should this drag on beyond end of April.

BMW in Germany closed 2/3 weeks ago
Yeah on the 20th March, we closed on the 17th. I've just had some pictures sent of what they are doing in our place in readiness to get us back...it's a joke what they think will work/keep us safe, but unfortunately I can't share them.
One thing they are saying is that all tools etc. will be cleaned on the hour, I have no idea how they are going to do that whilst 1) the tools are constantly being used, 2) there are literally thousands of tools, guides and other things being picked up and touched, 3) it's a moving production line where the lads working on the lines are right on top of each other at the best of times, 4) all jobs are 100% timed, so there is no extra time for the lads to stand and wait whilst things are being cleaned.
During a shift I have to walk around most of the plant, enter numerous different offices, speak to loads of different people and show them things on a laptop, there is no way on earth I can do my job and stay 2 metres away from people....it's crazy.

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
Again, a lovely car. My local BMW dealership locked down about a week after I picked up the new car so it was almost not to be

Reading down the comments this is what I was about to ask.
The simple answer will be if it was not registered before 1st April then it will be liable for the increased first year VED.
I am in the same position....my car delivered to dealer on 24th but they shut that day.
Original first year rate was £210, but new rate is £540. This is for a Mercedes CLA 250. Increased CO2 due to WLTP testing seen it jump up into the next band - was originally around 135 g/km but now it is 155 g/km.
I am a cash buyer so will be liable for the full £330 but I have no intention of paying it, or any increase due to depreciation of my trade in should this drag on beyond end of April.

So the first year is £540 and then 2nd year is £190?, correct?

So the first year is £540 and then 2nd year is £190?, correct?
No everything after the first year is unchanged from what the current format is for post April 2017 cars, except it has increased by £5.
It will be a flat rate £150, although this may change at a later date because our government is currently unhappy about the flat rate and wants to move back to continuing CO2 based rates.

Jeez ohh!!! Feel a bit unnerved now having ordered a car from them. Wasn’t intending on getting the car serviced by them tbh. We’ve been told the government were supposed to be suspending the extra road tax payment? Because our car was ordered and essentially ready to go before 1 April. Apologies, if someone has brought this up already

We’ve been told the government were supposed to be suspending the extra road tax payment? Because our car was ordered and essentially ready to go before 1 April.
Funnily enough my dealer mentioned this as a possibility.....but I don't think anybody knows for sure at the moment.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if everything is implemented as planned though.