Farewell C7

DaveW

Reaction score
After owning a C7 since 2012, then a C7.5 from 2014, today I say goodbye to C7 ownership.
I ordered a new A4 Avant in April and it has still not been built, because of WLTP delays.
I finally had enough of the wait and today I collect a new A6 C8 Avant instead.
I have really enjoyed C7 ownership, these are comfortable, refined and economical (well the Ultra is anyway!).
Hope you guys continues to enjoy your C7's and maybe see you in the C8 forum!
Dave

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey and Sandra
Congrats on the new car Dave. Hope you enjoy your collection today and we look forward to pics later on. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: DaveW
Congrats - personally, I'm going to hang onto mine for a few years yet - not enough mileage to justify buying another snotwagon for the kids to trash... I only do ~3,000 per year (it's a July 2012 car with <20k on it) as I live in Zone 4 London, I'm the only driver in the house and I have a little mid-engined sports car for daily driving... this one should be good for another 10 years. I know that a remapped, supercharged petrol is pretty awful for fuel economy, but I bear in mind that I only fill up every 5-6 weeks....

Enjoy the C8, I will be joining you when / if Audi every release a petrol engine version.:shrug:

Enjoy the C8, I will be joining you when / if Audi every release a petrol engine version.:shrug:
You're more likely to find an electric :) I think I got the last ever petrol A6... I don't think I've ever even seen a 62 plate!

They made a 1.8 TFSI & 2.0 quattro TFSI C7.5 A6, and there has been reviews for the 2.0 quattro TFSI C8. I find it odd in the current UK car market conditions that Audi have 50% of there model line up without petrol engines....

Don't get me started on Audi appalling electric line up, A3 has gone and they have at 70K base model e-ton available (at some point). Audi are so behind the curve it's laughable

They made a 1.8 TFSI & 2.0 quattro TFSI C7.5 A6, and there has been reviews for the 2.0 quattro TFSI C8. I find it odd in the current UK car market conditions that Audi have 50% of there model line up without petrol engines....

Don't get me started on Audi appalling electric line up, A3 has gone and they have at 70K base model e-ton available (at some point). Audi are so behind the curve it's laughable

Another part of the reason I'm planning to keep mine long term - I thought they only did the 4-pot TFSI's outside of the UK and you had to go for the S6 as the "entry level" family* car or an A7 TFSI (the turbo'd version of my engine)... 95% of my driving is 2-5 miles around my local neighbourhood with the odd long blast - diesels are just plain crazy where I live and for the driving I do. I'm on the edge of the ULEZ and people are expecting London to go the same way as Germany and try to ban all diesels from the cities, so people can't give them away!

*by "family" - I mean 3 child seats on the back bench: I can promise you an A4/A5/Q5 are too small: I had an A4, wanted an S5 Sportback and my dad has a Q5... all of them are far too small.

The 4pot TFSi were available in the UK, and the C8 TFSI 4 port will also be available in the UK when released. Below is the C7.5 price lists
Upload 2018 12 12 18 46 14

Full PDF can be found on this link. https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/...uides/modelpricelists/A6-and-S6-Pricelist.pdf