Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt

Chris0906

YNWA
Reaction score
Hello all,

Weather was perfect today for detailing the car, not too cold and overcast. Firstly Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, leave to dwell for a couple of minutes, agitate with hogs hair detailing brush and PW off, next Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash, leave to dwell for 5 mins and PW off. Wash using 2 bucket method with AG Bodywork Shampoo and Megs Lambswool Wash Mitt. PW off and then first time with the Farecla G3 Clay Mitt using AG Rapid Detailer the mitt and detailer are absolutely brilliant, bodywork felt like glass! Next was AG Super Resin Polish buffed off with AG MF towel and then on with Farecla G3 High Gloss Carnauba Wax and buffed off with another AG MF towel, first time using this wax and it is superb, easy on with the included foam waffle applicator and buffs off a treat!! Next wash AG Tyre Dressing and AG Wheel Sealant. Pics below:
2015 05 20 164953

2015 05 20 165115

2015 05 20 165204

2015 05 20 165248

Thanks

Chris

Reactions: Jimbo10, Scottyg, T-800 and 5 others
Good effort - looks great!

Very nice indeed. I've got the same clay mitt - just waiting for some more 'toys' to turn up from Slim's, then I'll be doing the same...

Can you use the clay mitt with just a bucket of bodywork shampoo? Was thinking about getting one.

Reactions: Scottyg
I was wondering the same - just instead of a microfibre mitt?

You need to wash the car first and I left it slightly wet before using AG Rapid Detailer with the clay mitt.

Cheers

Chris

So if you snow foam and rinse, you can just use this as a way of applying shampoo, in place of using a microfibre mitt (i.e. it's not an extra cleaning step)?

Personally I would still wash the car first as normal with the mitt, then I would use the clay mitt!:)

Definitely wash first, or you may as well be dragging sandpaper over your car if you go straight for the clay mitt

Agreed, always PW and then wash using two bucket method.
I always use a thick concentrate bucket of soapy water instead of QD with the clay bar. Not a mitt fan. I know it gets great reviews but call me old fashioned. Clay bar every time. You can also use it on your wheels and then seal them.

I had a go with the G3 Mitt today :)

First off I snow foamed the car, then washed with AG bodywork shampoo (2 buckets). Then to be super safe I used another bucket of warm water with a stronger mix of AG shampoo and washed that over the area I wanted to do with the soft side of the mitt, then sprayed Meguiar's Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer on the area I was doing, then used the clay side. I rinsed the mitt in another clean bucket of water after each panel. To finish I just rinsed the car off and then dried with a towel spraying a bit of the Meguiar's as I went.

I can't get over how smooth the paint feels compared to before, the car is only a few months old as well!!!

IMG 1871
IMG 1876
IMG 1878
IMG 1880

Thank you ;) I think I'm doing the wife's head in as I'm always in the window looking at it lol