FAO...... HTC

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
I need your help with some turbo advice fella, and after reading/viewing your posts I'm more than sure that you won't sell me short! lol.

How are you getting on with the TD05 as I wouldn't mind fitting one to my S3 210bhp facelift. Ive seen the thread about turning the inlet round to sit in the right place. What else will I need to do? (and is yours an IHI turbo as fitted to STIs or a normal TD05 from a WRX?)

Thanks in advance. Mike

My turbo is a TD05H-18G. It is a hybrid, so not an OEM unit. The turbine side is IHI standard fitment but with the compressor from a Mitsubishi. You are correct with regards to STI fitment it is intended to be a direct swap for any turbo subaru. See blouchturbo.com for more info.

You need a manifold, downpipe and oil/water lines. Also odds and ends like nuts gaskets etc. I went for this one as I already had the IHI manifold. If I were to start from scratch again I would also consider a garrett either internal, or better external wastegate. There many kits available for them.

There is the possibility that I may or may not need to grind a small amount off the head casting or block to fit with my manifold as it has a bigger snail than the VF34. When I fit it I'll know.
Also after clocking, you need to re-weld a bracket onto the compressor for mounting the wastegate actuator.
I'll be updating my thread when I can. I haven't driven the car for ages as I'm away working.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks Kev.

I'll catch up with you shortly then when I've worked out which route I'm going down.:think:

Where did you get your avatar pic from by the way??