2 September Monza Italy

16 September Singapore

30 September Sochi Russia

7 October Suzuka Japan

21 October Austin Texas

28 October Mexico City Mexico

11 November Sao Paulo Brazil

25 November Yas Marina Abu Dhabi

Will Sky F1 be covering any testing live?

Only program Iv seen listed, is Ted’s Notebook 10:15am tomorrow

Will Sky F1 be covering any testing live?

Only program Iv seen listed, is Ted’s Notebook 10:15am tomorrow

Pretty sure Sky have a round up at the end on TV... not live coverage as far as I know. I'm following it on Autosport.com at the moment as this seems the best and most upto coverage. SkyF1's is a little 'bland'.

Reactions: Ghost
Thanks @Mark_86

I noticed, Paddock Uncut and Ted's Notebook from 9pm

Umm, I’m not a fan of Ted.

Reactions: Rob Avant and Sandra
Thanks @Mark_86

I noticed, Paddock Uncut and Ted's Notebook from 9pm

Umm, I’m not a fan of Ted.

4603.gif

*gasp* How can you not like Ted? He's awesome! :rockwoot:
I find him rude arrogant and disrespectful

Last nights Paddock uncut with Craig Slater, was a much better program :)

Ted Kravitz... I’m not a fan either. His notebook program on sky isn’t great, footage of Ted walking around the car park at the track talking about the hire cars the drivers are using for the weekend :sleeping:

James Allen’s website is a good source for all things Formula 1

Away from Ted for a moment. How do we think the testing is shaping up? I've been impressed with the Toro Rosso Honda and Renault works team so far. Seems Mclaren have made a decent step, but I was hoping for more and I think they're runs being on the Hyper soft has clouded their true performance. Seems Mercedes are still the ones to beat again, I fear the Ferrari has taken a step back vs the Merc.

Away from Ted for a moment. How do we think the testing is shaping up? I've been impressed with the Toro Rosso Honda and Renault works team so far. Seems Mclaren have made a decent step, but I was hoping for more and I think they're runs being on the Hyper soft has clouded their true performance. Seems Mercedes are still the ones to beat again, I fear the Ferrari has taken a step back vs the Merc.

It was a test session. And on different days, in different conditions, with different drivers.

Who knows what they were testing?
OK, maybe Ted does...
6349.gif

Early shows of problems at mclaren again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early shows of problems at mclaren again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And again this morning. As a massive Mclaren fan, it's heart breaking...

A little harsh I think but I suppose rules are rules. My money is on verstappen if quali is wet. He will either be on pole or in the wall.

Well it didn't rain in quali but still somebody managed to find the wall. Fortunately not one of my drivers. Be interesting to see how Bottas manages driving from the back tomorrow. He needs to impress if he wants to keep the seat next year.

He needs to impress if he wants to keep the seat next year.

This is why he’s pushing so hard, and making mistakes.
I don’t think he’s good enough to worry Lewis, and it would be much better for our viewing pleasure if Alonso, Verstappen or Ricciardo were up against Lewis

The Haas cars did well.

Reactions: desertstorm

This is why he’s pushing so hard, and making mistakes.
I don’t think he’s good enough to worry Lewis, and it would be much better for our viewing pleasure if Alonso, Verstappen or Ricciardo were up against Lewis

The Haas cars did well.

Or Sebastian, Ghost: here Hamilton "wiping the smile off Sebastian's face":

Wipe the smile

Reactions: Ozmosis, Ghost, slepy and 1 other person
Reactions: Ozmosis, Ghost, slepy and 1 other person
Tantilising for the rest of the season for me were 4-cars on the start-finish straight at the end of the Albert Park race, and no blue-flags till lap 50+ :racer:

Well done to Vettel, yes you could say Ferrari was lucky, but they left Vettel out hoping for a safety car, and it worked out for them. :icon thumright:

The question is, did Ferrari sacrifice kimi again?

How unlucky was Haas???

Well done to Vettel, yes you could say Ferrari was lucky, but they left Vettel out hoping for a safety car, and it worked out for them. :icon thumright:

How unlucky was Haas???

You may as well ask - did Mercedes sacrifice Valterri Bottas?, Ghost, as you'll never know.

But 'someone' has already blamed the/a Mercedes computer...
4354.gif

On lap 52 I think...
6349.gif

My guess is that if 'someone' wins the next race then it'll ALL be down to 'someone.' :racer:

And you know how much I am a fan of 'someone', Ghost, don't you?

Does it show... :blink:

How unlucky was Haas???

Maybe the answer here is a fixed, say, 6-second pit stop for everyone - and for safety reasons, too.

But hey, it's a team-sport - where everyone, and not just a/the 'driver,' makes the difference, right...

I mean, it could have easily been a valve spring, or spark plug, or whatever...
7072.gif

Don’t get me wrong @45bvtc , I don’t like to see Kimi or Bottas being sacrificed at least till its not possible for them to win the title.

It’s more enjoyable to think there’s 3 teams, 6 drivers with a chance of a win, than knowing teams have a number one driver.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Just for FUN, Ghost - not a life changing event....

As you well know... :yahoo:

:friends: ^^

DZOz8wYXcAIBRM7

:)

Reactions: Rob Avant, Sandra, desertstorm and 1 other person
Whether Ferrari "sacrificed" Kimi is hard to say really, personally think the strategy to get the Mercedes to pit Hamilton to cover Kimi was a good one. I think the plan was to have a charging Vettel at the end of the race on fresher tyres, but the Haas incidents just bought him perfectly into position...

I see Stroll is crying like a baby after being done by the Sauber of Leclerc... Awe, daddy's money couldn't keep you ahead dear boy?!

Reactions: Ghost and 45bvtc
It was a rather boring race to be honest. I think the Ferrari is almost a match for the Mercedes on race pace, RBR still moaning about the Renault donkey in the back. Nice to see Mclaren score some points, but obviously have a lot of work to do still to match Alonso's claim that they have RBR in their sights.
I really feel for the Haas wheel man, he looked gutted about letting the team down, although I hear it was a cross threaded nut on both cars, so might not all his fault. I don't think Ferrari dropped Kimi in it, it makes no sense at this early stage in the Championship but you never do 'know' with Ferrari sometimes - the safety car just didn't come out at the right time for him, same for Vandoorne aswell.

Looking forward to the next race where we'll hopefully see some overtaking and a more representative fight between the teams.

Reactions: Ozmosis, Ghost and 45bvtc
Whether Ferrari "sacrificed" Kimi is hard to say really, personally think the strategy to get the Mercedes to pit Hamilton to cover Kimi was a good one. I think the plan was to have a charging Vettel at the end of the race on fresher tyres, but the Haas incidents just bought him perfectly into position...

I see Stroll is crying like a baby after being done by the Sauber of Leclerc... Awe, daddy's money couldn't keep you ahead dear boy?!

TEAM strategy, Ozmosis, is to maximise points for the Constructor Championship - I don't think the TEAM truly care about the Driver Championship.

Maximising points for the Constructor Championship is $$$$$$$$$s in the bank for the TEAM, plus, plus, plus, selling product the day after.

It's only the spectator and individual driver who care about the Driver Championship...

This man knew and demonstrated the art only too well:

ACBC

Reactions: Rob Avant and Ozmosis

I guess Harold Faltemeyer will introduce this mascot? Axel F... 1 LOL

Also read this earlier which seems a bit weird as well:

https://wtf1.com/post/f1-is-looking-to-introduce-qualifying-races-to-try-and-attract-younger-fans/

So qualifying for a short race to act as qualifying for the main race. Bernie, are you there??

Reactions: desertstorm and Ghost
Found this one the other day while looking for 'numbers' in the 'numbers' thread and I have to say I don't recall the outfit on any F1 grid I've seen:

AICXqxI

Love to see a quick turn around, mind :whip: to the right or left or both would be of interest... :blink:

Reactions: Ghost, Ozmosis and desertstorm
Lights out and away we go

Wow! See that guys leg snap!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I can see them banning the pit-stop, Stop and go lights, and get the jackman back ?

What hell is going on at Red Bull??

Status
Not open for further replies.