Fan washer jets

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Guys/gals,
I have looked for a thread about being already here but could not find any.

I am seriously fed up with my windscreen washer jets.
They are the standard ones on the C6 with 3 squits from each of them, where drivers one have two positioned below the wiper and insufficient.

Found some genuine C7 heated fan jets on eBay, sold by Audi but they confirmed "it is not compatible with my C6".
They did recommended to look out for some answers on any Audi fan forums, as someone might have fitted them to this chassis.

Anyone have a 100% compatible model number for them fan jets working on A6 C6 Avant?

Sent from H P20 PRO

I don’t know if they do but I too would like to know if you can get fan jets.

I find that often my jets come out of alignment and block up easily and I struggle to get them to adjust properly.

It’s a shame it’s not as simple as just swapping over to something like the Citroen ones as they have a flat adjustment up and down on theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KrisKrk
Two out of three on my drivers side jets are squirting right on the wiper so the wiper is not clearing any water/rain or fluid, when going upwards. I end up using it when they go up and again, when they go down.
Even then, it is not the quality of clearing the windscreen as I would've expected.

I tried to adjust the jets few times and thought they do adjust, but they don't.
Maybe my ones are just stuck or something, I don't know but you cannot move them.

Read on forum here that, there are cross vehicle models from other vag group that, could or is compatible with Audi's.
Just need to find one that does

Sent from H P20 PRO

Two out of three on my drivers side jets are squirting right on the wiper so the wiper is not clearing any water/rain or fluid, when going upwards. I end up using it when they go up and again, when they go down.
Even then, it is not the quality of clearing the windscreen as I would've expected.

I tried to adjust the jets few times and thought they do adjust, but they don't.
Maybe my ones are just stuck or something, I don't know but you cannot move them.

Read on forum here that, there are cross vehicle models from other vag group that, could or is compatible with Audi's.
Just need to find one that does

Sent from H P20 PRO

Hi Kris,

Hopefully this will help you. I've had it saved for over a year but haven't got around to doing it as my A6 is mostly just a rusty workhorse haha.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/808991-B7-RS4-water-jet-mod-(fan-spray)

According to one of the Facebook groups I'm in, one of the members had to file a little bit of the plastic to allow the fan to go higher, will just take some messing around to work perfectly, but I know you'll nail it!

Part Number (VW Fan Heated Jet) : 5M0955986C
Part Number (Audi Plastic Shim): : 8E0955431

22770774_1817108578318734_1280197608135228528_o.jpg

Reactions: KrisKrk, Misikee and Stickystuff
Hey @Ryan M did you install any of them fan jets yourself?
Am particularly after the info on that extra filing/adjustment you mentioned.
Presume it was on the VW part jets but it may be needed on those ones I've ordered from Brotek.

Atm jets are at the highest position on the windscreen and it still spray a bit too low. Could do that filing to allow nozzle to go higher but the spray pattern is already hitting edge of the bonnet.
Plastic shims were not needed for my car but ordered them with jets (same price with and without so took 'em) . Think, they could've lower the jet nozzle from the bonnet but again, it would have to adjusted up anyway.

Was there any info or update on this?

Tia

Sent from H P20 PRO

Hey @Ryan M did you install any of them fan jets yourself?
Am particularly after the info on that extra filing/adjustment you mentioned.
Presume it was on the VW part jets but it may be needed on those ones I've ordered from Brotek.

Atm jets are at the highest position on the windscreen and it still spray a bit too low. Could do that filing to allow nozzle to go higher but the spray pattern is already hitting edge of the bonnet.
Plastic shims were not needed for my car but ordered them with jets (same price with and without so took 'em) . Think, they could've lower the jet nozzle from the bonnet but again, it would have to adjusted up anyway.

Was there any info or update on this?

Tia

Sent from H P20 PRO

Hey @KrisKrk

I unfortunately never got around to fitting the fan jets as my A6 is just a rusty workhorse at the moment, that I really need to get rid of haha.

Funnily enough, I'm a 5 minute walk from Brotek, who just lives down the road from me. Pretty big Audi enthusiast haha.

Regarding the filling/adjustment, I found the information on the Audi A6 Owners UK Facebook group.
In particular, I've linked the post below where the original poster has posted images and a video of the before and after.

www.facebook.com/groups/746951845448397/permalink/1162320673911510/

I'm guessing the spacers would allow the jet to sit more forward or back depending on the spray pattern. I'm also sure the pre-facelift A6 also got 2 jets compared to your facelift with 3 jets but that shouldn't make any sort of difference.

Hey @KrisKrk

I seen your post the other day in one of the Audi A6 owners club on Facebook and noticed that you weren't in the group I posted. I've taken the video and screengrabbed the post so you can see it.

Hope this helps.

fR4e79k.png

exDCibC.png

22792600_1817108838318708_5788660965192510168_o.jpg

Reactions: danutzu_2001
Thank you @Ryan M .
Brotek advised me that, I need to fit the shim on the other side of the opening that is pictured from your link.
I need to lower jets aim so it doesn't hit the edge of the bonnet.

That plastic shim is ****** malarkey to install with a jet. I've cut out openings in them to allow plastic tabs from the jet to easier hook under it but still doesn't go in.
Decided to slice them shims and glue to the jet housing.

I have already amended the jets opening so they can be adjusted higher but haven't fitted them in yet.
Waiting for glue to bond properly.

Time will tell ...
6d2a0b1a341b1ff71572d1e7e757bdf3.jpg
0bd4a118a26d99a348920b8294f9f228.jpg

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: Ryan M
Managed to finish off the jets install tonight.
Thank you again @Ryan M for the tip on adjusting the spray higher. It worked a treat.
Recommend to anyone on C6 platform.

With plastic shims glued to jet housings and jets adjusted to highest, pattern is nice and defo much better than oem 3 squirt one.

Will try them soon.
Just machine polished the windscreen and properly cleaned it on in and out so don't want to ruin the end result as yet.

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: Ryan M
Managed to finish off the jets install tonight.
Thank you again @Ryan M for the tip on adjusting the spray higher. It worked a treat.
Recommend to anyone on C6 platform.

With plastic shims glued to jet housings and jets adjusted to highest, pattern is nice and defo much better than oem 3 squirt one.

Will try them soon.
Just machine polished the windscreen and properly cleaned it on in and out so don't want to ruin the end result as yet.

Sent from H P20 PRO

Glad to hear you got it done in the end mate. Would love to upgrade to the misting jets myself instead of the squirty water pistols. Hopefully on another C6 that's cleaner and possibly a 3.0 V6 :D

Reactions: KrisKrk
Ok ... aim of them ****** jets is still too high and hitting the bonnet edge.

Setting it lower will hit wiper arms and not allow liquid to be wiped over the windscreen.
Hmmm

Sent from H P20 PRO