1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Fan washer jets

KrisKrk Nov 10, 2019

1. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Gold Supporter S-line owners group TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual Le Mans Edition

Guys/gals,
    I have looked for a thread about being already here but could not find any.

I am seriously fed up with my windscreen washer jets.
    They are the standard ones on the C6 with 3 squits from each of them, where drivers one have two positioned below the wiper and insufficient.

Found some genuine C7 heated fan jets on eBay, sold by Audi but they confirmed "it is not compatible with my C6".
    They did recommended to look out for some answers on any Audi fan forums, as someone might have fitted them to this chassis.

Anyone have a 100% compatible model number for them fan jets working on A6 C6 Avant?

Sent from H P20 PRO

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Stickystuff

Stickystuff Active Member

I don’t know if they do but I too would like to know if you can get fan jets.

I find that often my jets come out of alignment and block up easily and I struggle to get them to adjust properly.

It’s a shame it’s not as simple as just swapping over to something like the Citroen ones as they have a flat adjustment up and down on theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisKrk likes this.
  4. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Gold Supporter S-line owners group TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual Le Mans Edition

Two out of three on my drivers side jets are squirting right on the wiper so the wiper is not clearing any water/rain or fluid, when going upwards. I end up using it when they go up and again, when they go down.
    Even then, it is not the quality of clearing the windscreen as I would've expected.

I tried to adjust the jets few times and thought they do adjust, but they don't.
    Maybe my ones are just stuck or something, I don't know but you cannot move them.

Read on forum here that, there are cross vehicle models from other vag group that, could or is compatible with Audi's.
    Just need to find one that does

Sent from H P20 PRO

5. Ryan M

Ryan M New Member Team Akoya Audi A6 Manual

Hi Kris,

Hopefully this will help you. I've had it saved for over a year but haven't got around to doing it as my A6 is mostly just a rusty workhorse haha.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/808991-B7-RS4-water-jet-mod-(fan-spray)

According to one of the Facebook groups I'm in, one of the members had to file a little bit of the plastic to allow the fan to go higher, will just take some messing around to work perfectly, but I know you'll nail it!

Part Number (VW Fan Heated Jet) : 5M0955986C
    Part Number (Audi Plastic Shim): : 8E0955431

[​IMG]

KrisKrk, Misikee and Stickystuff like this.
  6. KrisKrk

7. KrisKrk

Hey @Ryan M did you install any of them fan jets yourself?
    Am particularly after the info on that extra filing/adjustment you mentioned.
    Presume it was on the VW part jets but it may be needed on those ones I've ordered from Brotek.

Atm jets are at the highest position on the windscreen and it still spray a bit too low. Could do that filing to allow nozzle to go higher but the spray pattern is already hitting edge of the bonnet.
    Plastic shims were not needed for my car but ordered them with jets (same price with and without so took 'em) . Think, they could've lower the jet nozzle from the bonnet but again, it would have to adjusted up anyway.

Was there any info or update on this?

Tia

Sent from H P20 PRO

8. Ryan M

Hey @KrisKrk

I unfortunately never got around to fitting the fan jets as my A6 is just a rusty workhorse at the moment, that I really need to get rid of haha.

Funnily enough, I'm a 5 minute walk from Brotek, who just lives down the road from me. Pretty big Audi enthusiast haha.

Regarding the filling/adjustment, I found the information on the Audi A6 Owners UK Facebook group.
    In particular, I've linked the post below where the original poster has posted images and a video of the before and after.

www.facebook.com/groups/746951845448397/permalink/1162320673911510/

I'm guessing the spacers would allow the jet to sit more forward or back depending on the spray pattern. I'm also sure the pre-facelift A6 also got 2 jets compared to your facelift with 3 jets but that shouldn't make any sort of difference.

9. Ryan M

Hey @KrisKrk

I seen your post the other day in one of the Audi A6 owners club on Facebook and noticed that you weren't in the group I posted. I've taken the video and screengrabbed the post so you can see it.

Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

danutzu_2001 likes this.
  10. KrisKrk

Thank you @Ryan M .
    Brotek advised me that, I need to fit the shim on the other side of the opening that is pictured from your link.
    I need to lower jets aim so it doesn't hit the edge of the bonnet.

That plastic shim is ****** malarkey to install with a jet. I've cut out openings in them to allow plastic tabs from the jet to easier hook under it but still doesn't go in.
    Decided to slice them shims and glue to the jet housing.

I have already amended the jets opening so they can be adjusted higher but haven't fitted them in yet.
    Waiting for glue to bond properly.

Time will tell ...[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from H P20 PRO

Ryan M likes this.