Fan Washer Jets

indianbelters

Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking to upgrade the windcreen washer jets on my 2016 a3. Got the pistols atm which are appaling,
can someone point me in the right direction so i can upgrade to the fan jets is thats possible?
thanks

Reactions: KenL
Is straight forward switchover pop out old module and pop in the new module . Is another thread on here that quotes the VAG part number, I think they are from a standard A4 but I might be wrong.

This might be the part number... It's from the Passat...

5MO 955 986 C 9B9

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These are the heated ones part no. Not sure if A3 is headed as std or not. Heated fans are about £50 per pair.

Out of stock but... Info in description

Interesting to see the difference, was in my mates Astra earlier which has the much wider spray washers and thought how rubbish the 8Vs were in comparison. Not sure if I could be bothered to spend money to replace them though :)

Interesting to see the difference, was in my mates Astra earlier which has the much wider spray washers and thought how rubbish the 8Vs were in comparison. Not sure if I could be bothered to spend money to replace them though :)
Here is a comparison on an A4.

I think heated jets are standard on uk A3. Certainly I have them and didn't spec them separately.

I think heated jets are standard on uk A3. Certainly I have them and didn't spec them separately.
In the states, us spec cars had the option. First year, 2015, we had a few more options, then they changed the packages that mainly only the top spec got many options, however they bumped the base price too.

That's a surprise as my scooshers freeze up as soon as there is a hint of frost.

I am really not a fan of these nozzles, they put out too much water and mine move position on their own. Give me the fan jets from wife's Citigo and I'd be a lot happier.

I just checked the MY15 brochure (I still have it on my iPad) . Heated jets are definitely standard from Sport trim up. Don't know about SE trim because the brochure is specifically for the saloon, which starts at Sport level.

I’ve seen parts numbers for the non-heated version. I need the heated version. If i get the heated ones, I will have my non-heated fan jets available for sale cheap. (Basically just pay shipping and any extra you’d want to throw down)

I’ve seen parts numbers for the non-heated version. I need the heated version. If i get the heated ones, I will have my non-heated fan jets available for sale cheap. (Basically just pay shipping and any extra you’d want to throw down)

Are you non heated at the moment or you’ve incorrectly bought non heated jets ?

Without stating the obvious It’s not a case of fitting the heated jets as the wiring won’t be in your bonnet or hood for U.S readers.

5M0 955 986C are heated fan jets from a Golf and other VW vehicles.

Just grab from the back with the bonnet open and gently pull forwards to check they easily pop out and clip back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been driving Golfs for the last 10 or so years with the fan jets so was a bit surprised when the Audi came with the pistol jets.

However I find them to be much better at cleaning the screen, especially with a lot of salt on the roads.
I always found you had to hit the fan jets two or three times to get the screen completely clean, especially on a motorway.

One quick flick on the pistol jets and the screen is clear.

Reactions: DeeGee68