Fan speed - seems to have a will of its own.

audiwaterpump

Reaction score
The fan speed seems to change at its own will when driving.
Just seems random when it changes.
I don't have the "Auto" climate setting on.

I just want to set my own fan speed, and I only want it to change when I manually change it.

Anyone else have this issue.

Thanks

Maybe the CC system needs a service and re-gas?

AC I think you meant to write!

OP, switching off the AC could discount it, though I'd doubt if the gas charge level would cause the changing in teh fan speed.

So you have the Auto (air distribution) disabled and then the AC switched off, is it varying more than you would normally expect when the sun light sensor gets "sight" of the sun? If so maybe next trick to try is to cover up the sun light sensor and see if doing that changes anything wrt to fluctuating fan speed.

Edit:- maybe try "exercising" the HOT><COLD temperature setting over its full range 20 times waiting at each "end" to make sure that the temperature flap has reached as far as it will go - if this is due to a dirty track in the temperature flap valve, doing what I suggested can clean it up again for a while - though I've never had that issue causing a fluctuation on the fan speed, - a very hot cabin yes!

AC I think you meant to write!

OP, switching off the AC could discount it, though I'd doubt if the gas charge level would cause the changing in teh fan speed.

So you have the Auto (air distribution) disabled and then the AC switched off, is it varying more than you would normally expect when the sun light sensor gets "sight" of the sun? If so maybe next trick to try is to cover up the sun light sensor and see if doing that changes anything wrt to fluctuating fan speed.

Edit:- maybe try "exercising" the HOT><COLD temperature setting over its full range 20 times waiting at each "end" to make sure that the temperature flap has reached as far as it will go - if this is due to a dirty track in the temperature flap valve, doing what I suggested can clean it up again for a while - though I've never had that issue causing a fluctuation on the fan speed, - a very hot cabin yes!
Climate Control? :)