Fan not turning off

Deze2014

A4 b8,s3 8v, q7 4l, SQ5 8r
Hiya people i know this has problem been answered 100 times on here but did look and couldn't find a situation like mine when I bought my a3 damaged which was just front end damage chassis legs fine just front panel damaged and bent when I stripped the damage down to as far as it was it turns out my rad pack was fine just slightly bent as I disconnected it I didn't think my ac condenser unit was holding gas as the front looked abit damaged but I found out it was holding when I undone the pipes and and loud burst of air come out I stil replaced my condenser and when
I fitted it I had to put the whole rad pack on the floor and stand on the sides to straighten it out it filled the coolant up with water after I fitted the hoses and all fine no leaks inter cooler fine and of course I know the I'll have to get my air con regassed now everytime I just turn the key with out engine started fan unit woul just spin like crazy then after about 5 mins slow down same thing when I start the engine stays on for about 5 mins then goes abit quiet then will come back on i have left the car running a while till the temperature sensor on 90 and opened the Coolant cap to try bleed it but still nothing changes I have no lights on my dash so don't no what to do next can somebody please help me sorry for the essay

desertstorm

Staff member
VCDS Map User
You need to get it connected to Vag-com to see if there are any codes related to coolant temperature sensors, especially on the return from the rad.
If these are faulty open circuit the rad fans come on straight away.
Could also be that the module that runs the fans has been damaged. Usually lives by the fans themselves.
Have you reconnected all the plugs to the sensors correctly.

Also can you provide your name and address details so I can inform the relevant authorities :) .

"Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, the deliberate release of refrigerant into the atmosphere is illegal."

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg349.pdf

Sayam

VCDS Map User
Never mind the release of refrigerant, learn how to use punctuation and paragraphs.

Sounds like you may have wired the module in the wrong way. Never heard of the fan coming on just like that

Deze2014

When you say module what do you mean mate? The whole rad pack circuit? you think I could of wired it up wrong? At the moment I don't use the car on a daily just now and then I will go Into garage and start it to keep everything running but I was thinking in the next couple weeks I will get it moted and and insured but do you think maybe it needs a good run ? Was thinking giving it a good motorway run the wind blowing in the front and the engine having a good run sometimes engines can be weird what do you think mate? Thanks for your replys by the way :)

Deze2014

Do 1 of you no what I could do to start eliminating this problem? Will go down to the garage shortly and give her a cold morning run

Deze2014

When I had it previously scanned the bloke wrote down the errors for me and this bieng 1 of them 00779- outside air temperature sensor (g17) do you think this is linked ?