False readings from parking sensors

Random467

Reaction score
My car sometimes alerts for obstacles where there are none while driving slowly into my road at home and occasionally while parking. Is this typical if the sensor is a bit dirty, or is it an indication of a bigger problem?

Mine does random beeps every now and again, I just put it down the the car being full of electrical bugs

Water ingress, paint lift on a tiny scale, aftermarket grills with plate holders & crappy holder positions also cause this, needs diagnostics to check which sensor at that moment is wrongly sensing.

Mine does random beeps every now and again, I just put it down the the car being full of electrical bugs
Is your car the same as mine with adaptive headlight, pre senses etc errors all the time by any chance?

Yup. The various software updates have failed to cure to problems.
Have you got anywhere with Audi to sort the issues as I have got knowhere unfortunately? Also any other bugs I might have soon that you have experienced?

Have you got anywhere with Audi to sort the issues as I have got knowhere unfortunately? Also any other bugs I might have soon that you have experienced?
The cars had several software updates, it’s better now but I’ve still got no faith in it. It will be gone soon before the warranty runs out.

It’s a shame as I think the A6 looks best in its class inside and out. Just can’t work out why Audi can’t make these issues a priority and get them fixed for customers

I've had Pre-sense unavailable errors before, which I think can be caused by a dirty windscreen on the part in front of the rear view mirror where there is a camera. I've been able to cure that simply by using the screenwash button before.
I just got a new failure chime today though: SOS Call Function partially unavailable. The alert icon then vanished several seconds later.
The big problem is that these alerts are so very distracting, because they can relate to the Pre-sense system - and if that were to trigger due to a false-positive from a sensor it could be catastrophic. So you have to read the alert carefully while driving - not great.