Fake audi S3 sportback skirts

MaTjAzz

Reaction score
If anyone is thinking to buy it from ebay. Don't do it! Spare yourself the money...

Audi A3 8P (2005 - ****) SPORTBACK *** S3 *** S-Line *** SIDE SKIRTS *** | eBay

I bought them and they are crap. Some piece at the top of the skirt broke down during the transport and some after I hardly touch it. And as well they are not straight in all line... So my advice is to avoid these buy and look for some alternative (let me know for one if u find it :)

I can attach pictures tomorrow...

I got one of them and waiting for Friday to instal them.. Costed me like 75 Euros :)

We'll see.. I'll put some pics..

Put some pics please, so I would nt be wasted my time..

Hope its not that bad :(

I went to few guys here who are doing installs. Both said that is not worth to put these on such car. These kind of material was used on old golfs mk2... Don't know... I decided not to use them, not in these condition anyhow. I will post the pictures.

btw. if yours are ok and u are doing the install let me know please... :)

Reactions: A3-black
oem ftw mate ebay crap just doesn't work same with the cheapo ebay spoilers too they are just as crap steer clear of anything like that

oem ftw mate ebay crap just doesn't work same with the cheapo ebay spoilers too they are just as crap steer clear of anything like that
OEM are the way to do it, but they are not cheap from Audi. I posted a thread asking where I could buy some but did not have much luck.

I went to pick some side skirts up for a mates golf today, just incase, I asked the guy if he had any s3 or votex spoilers back there. He didnt but he was telling me the problems he used to have buying and selling S3 replica spoilers from other companies.
They never fit properlly but the worst thing he came across was a load of the spoilers he brought had some kind of foam inside that would expand through on hot days and cause some kind of bubbling effect.

I know this forum is OEM or die but its for a good reason. You wouldnt put marmite on a fillet steak, dont put taiwanese parts on a german car.

I also buy from him an S3 spoiler, it was pretty good, I paid 65 GBP but refunded 40 GBP.. So for 25 GBP, its not a bad deal, postage included :)

Here are my pics:
igp3977.jpg

igp3967.jpg

igp3971.jpg

Damn look at the bends in them, not very straight are they, also looks like the bottoms are complete as they should wrap around underneath, cant see the indented part that does this.

If only your post was earlier, just ordered and paid for them before your posting...let's see how my set turns out!

Im also wondering about this skirts but will hold and wait for your opinion. This skirts are 100% replica of s3 skirts or they match to a3 sportback slats doors without changes?

Fibre glass tat save your money imo,you might get them looking ok with bonding and modification but if you bond them and a stone shatters a piece out of them or if the jack catches them then its the job of trying to order more plus get the old ones back off etc

Yeah but even the oem ones are just plastic, if a jack catches them they're in the same situation anyway, so thats kinda irrelevant imho.

I doubt a stone would shatter them as easy as that tbh, with paint & lacquer.

I bought them, actually they are almost great! Not a rubbish part for sure.. Some fitment issues happened but with a craft hand, it will be very very well.. I'll take some pictures this weekend after we made it %100 fitted in all aspects..

I recommend for that price..

I bought them, actually they are almost great! Not a rubbish part for sure.. Some fitment issues happened but with a craft hand, it will be very very well.. I'll take some pictures this weekend after we made it %100 fitted in all aspects..

Pics or it never happened!!

I would really like to see pictures! Can you picture all fittment?

Gotta wait untill Friday evening :)

BTW mine is not broken as yours, it was almost perfect.. And the material is rigid, not getting broken that easyly..

We could ot have enough time on the previous Friday, so we just make a quick installation. But I gotta say, you have to shave your door blades a little + maybe you will have to shave the skirts inside parts which comes under the door blades. So you can apply the door sills..

I'll put some pics definitely, no worries.. Just be patient :)

Looks fine from these distance. What will you do about blades? Doesnt look nice now...

You need to fit the S3 door bottom blades so they come out flush with the skirts, otherwise it looks rubbish & can make water divert into that area easily.

You need to fit the S3 door bottom blades so they come out flush with the skirts, otherwise it looks rubbish & can make water divert into that area easily.

Nige,
Have you sourced a supplier for OEM S3 skirts?

Any links for the blades or part nnumbers? I never know about there are some NEW BLADES for s3 skirts?

Check dealer mate, they're obvious in etka as it states S3 next to the part on right hand side column lol.

Sanding down, for a start it would look awful, 2nd the s3 door bottoms are wider anyway so they make the doors flush with the skirts, also the gap would be prone to water sitting, so could cause issues with paint & rust over time under the sills, so anyother route apart from s3 bottoms would be a major fail imho

Today we finished the job, I'm %80 satisfied since they were rubbish cheap :))

About blades, yes they will fit by shaving but as you said, htey do not flush like the s3 blades.. So I'll have them in time for sure but for now I just bought facelift led headlights, so I'm broke :) They have to wait for a while.. I'll put pics BUT don be so rude if you do not like them :p :))

Any one tried these for the 3 door? ive noticed they now have them available on ebay. im just a bit too skeptical about the quality of fitment??

Any new photos of the side skirts on the car? I have yet to receive the skirts, since paying for them in end-Mar!

Tried contacting the seller, and no response till now....Ebay puts ship date on 19-Apr! 20 days to get them to pack and ship?

I'm Buying one .....Feedback is too Good ....Not even one negative or Neutral. :undwech:

Will take some pics I guess on Monday or at latest on this Friday.. I was out of the city so could not make it that Friday, sorry..

Buy mate, you can easily thwor it awayy if it shows up bad :) Is so cheap against to the original one ;)

I can sell mine couse I wont fit them! Waiting to get replace skirt for left side from seller, couse these one is broken. So if anyone would like to get 2 left ones and one right one... :)