Fair trade in price? '07 A3 2.0 TDi

oscar

moo
Reaction score
Hi!

Have just signed on the dotted line for a new audi at the dealership & have been offered £12k for my car:

A3 2.0 TDi (140) DSG S-line - 07 plate, 35k miles, warranty until June.
Phantom Black
Ipod Kit
Parrot mki bluetooth kit (professionally installed).
I think the rest is pretty standard s-line spec - leather seats, concert stereo etc etc.
Full audi service history
4 brand new tyres!
Good condition all round really.

I'll be honest - I had not set expectations of what it might be worth, but a dig round on autotrader /ebay suggests it might be worth a little bit more - but they all seem to be trade cars for sale (~ 15k).

Any opinions from people with a feel for these things appreciated! I figure a dealer offer will be low, but if it's within reason I could do without the hassle of a private sale.

Got a healthy discount off the new motor and sale isn't dependant on the trade in.

try haggle and increase the tade in price to atleast £13500,

standard non s-lines with similar millage are on autotrader for around £9500+ although if you take in the discount on the new car it might just add up to that 15k that they go for?

Parker's says the trade in for your car should be £13,761 or private sale £14,846

ETA: I've assumed your car is a sportback?

Last edited:
try haggle and increase the tade in price to atleast £13500,

standard non s-lines with similar millage are on autotrader for around £9500+ although if you take in the discount on the new car it might just add up to that 15k that they go for?

I get the feeling they're not particuarly interested in the car - I would have thought it was prime stock for the forecourt but it felt like they were doing so well of new car sales that they didnt care particularly.

New arrival (little darling that has me awake at this hour) has dictated something a bit bigger - went for a a4 avant - 2.0TFSI Quattro S-line, manual, phantom black, ami, drive select, & a few other options. They did 10% off RRP in the end, which wasn't the absolute best deal I was offered (drivethedeal was ~ 12.5%) but close enough. 16 weeks delivery!!

Parker's says the trade in for your car should be £13,761 or private sale £14,846

ETA: I've assumed your car is a sportback?

It's the 3 door - presume that's a little less desirable. In fairness to them - £12k is the price they'll give me when the one is delivered - approx July by current estimate - If I did sell it privately for more now-ish, I'd have to share with the missus for a good long while.
new