Fair price for 4 x Lower control arms?

ScottFree

Reaction score
A6 is driving like a pig lately,knocking and wandering steering.

I’ve been told it’s the lower control arms and best to replace all 4,took it for a free inspection quick fit (Somewhere I actively avoid) they quoted £560 all in including Hawkeye 4 Wheel tracking.

I’m probally going to use my independent but do you think that price is too much,excluding the tracking it’s around £480 for the parts + labour.

I would say that is about right the lower arms are normally expensive over a £100 each for Lemforder. How old is the car and how many miles has it done?

At that sort of mileage then I bet the top arms are also past best, and the shocks won't be doing much to help with the handling.

My A6 has hit 112K and at the end of last year I replaced the shocks and springs and two of the upper control arms.

MOT last week I was advised that the other two top control arm bushes are starting to crack so I need to get on and replace them........

Try AutoDoc for the parts; I got the two upper control arms for about £90?? Audi wanted £120 EACH!! Exact same part!

EDIT - my mistake .......I actually got them from BuyCarParts £40 per control arm

Last edited:
would you say the quailty of rubber in the arms is as good as genuine audi

Thanks for the reply,it turned out to just be a worn track rod end,£55 all in.
Don’t trust quickfit Motherwell!

Reactions: Rhyso