Faint buzzing behind hvac/stereo

Lowfield

Reaction score
So i got a whirring buzzing noise in my centre console. Its single din with a radio casette jobby. Thing is if i knock side of console it stops for about 1 sec then starts up again. Bit like a computer fan? This is with radio and hvac off. I know there are some relays behind there but would they not click than whirr/buzz. Hope it's not a wasp!

its exactly that, a small fan :p

see the small grille on the climate unit? Theres a wee fan behind there that draws air in to sample the temperature.

****** better have a nosey round for the wifes cotton bud stash. I hate opening up that console. I even sold my dd to take any temptation away. Mind you i need to fix the springless ashtray .. or do i? I packed that in a while ago now.

Had the same issue. Removed climate control unit took the fan out gave it a good clean. Issue gone.

Yes. I had a spare hvac knocking about so attempted to remove fan .. no joy. Anyway blew hard through it and crap flew out.

So removed panel off console, got the dyson on it, then blew hard into it. You can still hear it but it's now a faint whirr. Didnt try the wd40 trick as assumed it may clog it.
It only takes a minute to remove panel and repeat what i did in the future if required.