Failed CV Joints (DriveShaft)

gmeroni

Thanks for the offer but the shafts and cv joints are holding up pretty good for now. Anyway i'm curious about the project. I'd like to see a lot of pics and detailed info when the parts will be produced ;)

AGee

A complete set of shafts and cv joints should be produced in the next 2 - 3 weeks would like me to add you to the list

DTYME83

I assume you got a quote, if so are you comfortable with letting us know the cost?

Ian Whiffen

It's my birthday
I kept forgetting to ask, did you make Audi aware of the problem? I was wondering if they may have offered warranty work to rectify it Daniel.

maccduff

What's the expected cost or estimated cost for these?
Cost are coming but I added you to the list so that when I do have cost I remember who I need to get in contact with.

DTYME83
add me to that list ta. Not sure if I would partake ( depends on cost).

lfcrule1972

Winter is coming...
Following out of interest

DTYME83

Look what we have here.

5fc2bab67537eb8c2a1a0677810ea7bf.jpg

23bbe600207d3697be11aea7d5cc4e74.jpg

295991c71272a9f7948307f1aed6d9be.jpg

DTYME83

lfcrule1972

Winter is coming...
Look forward to hearing the results of your tests :sunglasses:

DTYME83

Took the car out for a long hard run yesterday, so far I have not been able to break the new shafts, not sure whether that is a good or bad thing lol. I suppose it's a good thing. However, I don't wanna get to attached in case they let me down so it is early days yet.

DTYME83

Miguel Freitas

Took the car out for a long hard run yesterday, so far I have not been able to break the new shafts, not sure whether that is a good or bad thing lol. I suppose it's a good thing. However, I don't wanna get to attached in case they let me down so it is early days yet.

DTYME83
Any quote for the shafts?

How is it handling?

lfcrule1972

Winter is coming...
How long before pricing details are available ?

lfcrule1972

Winter is coming...
Are they still holding up to your rigorous testing ?

DTYME83

I have an update, I have now managed to break the outer cv joint/ boot, bear side rear. Shafts will be off the car today and back for a little tweaking. We are almost there .

8e7de2c9490fab75585a01f159cba113.png

DTYME83

Last edited:

DTYME83

The shafts are competition shafts, they have been heat treated and are strong enough to be used on a touring car. I will aim to get you some form of description of what they have been made out of but I wouldn't recommend something if it didn't work

AGee

Due to the shafts requiring more refinement & testing, when do you think they may become available? I assume when the time comes we will contact Track-Tek to place orders?

By the way thanks for keeping us all informed!

lfcrule1972

Winter is coming...
Keep up the good work (testing) :)