Factory phone cradle and bluetooth question?

G

GrahamS4

So my 2005 S4 cabriolet has a factory fit attachment on the centre console to the left of the stereo for a phone, my questions are does this mean the car has bluetooth for phone or simply that it's hard wiring for a mobile. The second question is would I be able to get the necessary adaptor to mount my Sony Xperia phone on this bracket or are they obsolete and no longer available?
I don't really want to remove it as I don't want two holes left in the centre console and any second hand consoles I've seen have been in generally poor condition.
Any advice appreciated thanks. :)

According to a scan my car shows the following which I believe may be a blue tooth module but not sure so if anyone can tell me and also what the comments at the bottom mean (was it simply because the radio was turned off?) it would be appreciated. :)
Address 77: Telephone Labels: 8P0-862-335.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 862 335 C HW: 8P0 862 335 C
Component: FSE_255x BT H18 0160
Revision: 00000001 Serial number: 00000000262630
Coding: 0000502
Shop #: WSC 00482 210 56177
VCID: 366340EE42054FF4F2-513C
No Faults Found
or DTCs not supported by controller
or a communication error occurred

Ok got it, I thought nothing to lose I'll go and try it, sat in my car turned the BT on m phone on and ignition on then turned the radio on and bingo, it found Audi UHV. Once I put the PIN in it flashed up on the screen 'phone' so happy days, just need to find a cradle of some description to hold my phone now! :)

Ok so it looks pretty much like I'm talking to myself but just in case anyone that has done this reads this I'll ask anyway, has anyone modified a genuine Audi iphone 6 phone cradle, the sort that mount to the factory bracket to the left of the stereo not the armrest one, to accept another make of phone?

I don't really want to remove the factory fitting from the centre console and be left with two holes but given the price of these cradles I don't want to buy one and find I can't adapt it to take my Sony mobile phone, has anyone tried this? :)

Gaffa tape works well, LOL

Sorry.
Funny you should say that, I was thinking of getting one of these and removing the tilt swivel off the back and using double sided clear gel tape, which I used to use in R/C cars, and attaching it to the stock mount that's there. Alternatively remove the factory mount and use the clip they do for the A4 which would cover one of the holes find something to fill the other hole with. They do a hard wired version but I have no idea how to strip the dash and wire it in. :)
https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/holders/Sony/Xperia+Z5/512811.htm