Factory fitted folding towbar

pierreluigi88

Reaction score
Has anyone got this, and can they confirm whether the reversing sensors take into account whether it's unfolded or stowed?

Also, if you fit a bike rack to it, can you make the sensors take that into account, e.g. by manually entering the length of it? (I know that would be asking a lot, but Audi do seem to think of nearly everything!)

Thanks in advance.

I don't have it but it mentions in the manual that the sensors know the tow bar is deployed.

It deactivates the rear parking sensors when it detects that a trailer is connected to the towing electrics. If the towbar is deployed but nothing connected to the electrics then the sensors still work, the 'beeps' go solid at around 1 foot from the bumper, which is enough room to clear the towbar.

Last edited:
Reactions: maui
That's cool - I've not used mine yet other than marvelling at how it 'pops out'!

Did see in the driver assist options that it will change the speed limits based on a trailer attached which I thought was pretty cool! Will be handy for travelling to Europe next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pierreluigi88
It deactivates the rear parking sensors when it detects that a trailer is connected to the towing electrics. If the towbar is deployed but nothing connected to the electrics then the sensors still work, the 'beeps' go solid at around 1 foot from the bumper, which is enough room to clear the towbar.

Aah cool - I wasn't sure if you'd just get a solid beep when something was hooked up, that would be a bit annoying.