1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Factory delays on new car.

Adrian L. Aug 17, 2020

1. Adrian L.

Adrian L. Registered User

Hi all,
    I placed an order on a new A6 Avant 45tfsi Black Edition back in June and the dealer is still unable to give me a build week. Is this normal?
    They tell me there are a few orders being delayed - potentially to do with the C&S pack (which has been removed from the online configurator - coincidence?)
    Any Audi staff here which are able to shed any light on this?
    Was initially happy with some delay to get past the build week 30 to get MY21 upgrades but now getting concerned. I got what i think was a really good deal so i dont want the order cancelled.
    Any thoughts?
    Cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. elan2s

elan2s Registered User

Biggest isssue is that the factories (not just Audi) are running at reduced capacity and that is also true for their suppliers- maybe that is affecting the C&S pack. I purchased a new Golf in June and the dealer was only able to sell what was already available from stock and had no idea when they would begin to see factory orders start to arrive (even those ordered before the lockdown)

4. craigomills

craigomills Registered User

I ordered a BE Avant 40 Quattro a couple of weeks ago and today was chasing a build week from the dealer to be told the factory is now on a 3 week holiday and there is a massive backlog due to Covid. I'm hoping to get my car delivered in November but don't think it's looking good at the moment...

5. craigomills

Any idea what the MY21 upgrades are?

6. MCarda

MCarda Registered User

NHS Track & Trace tracker built in and viral particle filter in the A/C. Just kidding.

Adrian L. likes this.
  7. Diazro

Diazro Registered User

I place a order on 15th of May the car got in production on 27th of July. Now its on the way to UK.

8. Adrian L.

Hi,
    The main upgrade seems to be the inclusion of parking assistant plus to one of the packs i opted for, but cant remember if is S&C, Touring or Tech pack - sorry! Apparently a £ 400 increase in the pack price due to this addition.
    Other than that, nothing major on the car itself, although there are apparently a number of infotainment system upgrades to improve useability, voice recognition and SAT nav improvements too. USBs upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0 so mostly behind the scenes technical improvements which i guess are usual as things progress. There may well be other things, i can't remember now as its a couple of months since i ordered the car!

Diazro likes this.
  9. Diazro

Diazro Registered User

In my case the build week was 31, after 27 of july but when the order was placed in 15th of May I didn't had the option of parking assistant plus which is now part of the confort and sound. After week 30 they start with the new configuration?

10. Adrian L.

Hi, yes my understanding that the parking assistant plus is added after week 30 builds, if the relevant packs was ordered. I cannot confirm which pack it is included in now as i cannot remember what the dealer told me - am sure your dealer will be able to confirm. C&S pack has been removed from the online configurator so i do not know if it is that pack or not. I am guessing that for build week 31 your car must be almost with you now - enjoy!

11. Adrian L.

ha ha.. would be good additions! I have also ordered in Tango red, am yet to see a BE in red in person as yet! Audi tried to push me for a bigger deposit as I ordered red and they said harder to sell on. I told them to get stuffed and they relented, but i think the red looks great and glad to see i am not the only one to choose red!

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Diazro

Diazro Registered User

just noticed now that for 45 TFSI the confort&sound pack doest exist, so no Bang&Olufsen sound system for new orders, but the pack is present if you order a TDI . Very odd!!

Adrian L. likes this.
  14. Adrian L.

The plot thickens - of course this could be down to Audi's usual inconsistency online. I have experienced these types of things a few times before.. only time will tell

15. MCarda

MCarda Registered User

Excellent choice! They didn’t raise an eyebrow when I chose the colour, in fact said it was a good choice!

I haven’t seen another C8 in Tango Red either, if you want to see some photos of mine PM me, but you won’t be disappointed with the colour, it really does stand out and fetch some compliments.

Adrian L. likes this.
  16. DaveW

DaveW Registered User

I noticed recently that the C&S pack had jumped up in price, due to the parking assistant being added. These two items used to be mutually exclusive at one time, as far as I remember?

17. Diazro

Diazro Registered User

In my case, for my order, now the car is £1060 more expensive on the audi configurator comparing with the date when I've made the order in may/june 2020. Apart from the C&S price who went up the starting price of the basic car increased as well.

18. MCarda

MCarda Registered User

I don’t recall the parking assistant as being an option of it’s own - IIRC it was part of the City Pack? If it was available as a standalone option I would have purchases it, but due to it being lumped in with the City the price was too high. Or I am just lost with my memory but it definitely wasn’t an option of its own.

19. DaveW

DaveW Registered User

Was originally a standalone option for £400 that could not be ordered with the C&S pack, maybe they changed the specs on later models:
    Screenshot_20200826-181404_Drive.jpg

20. MCarda

MCarda Registered User

Aah - I went for the Comfort & Sound pack from the very beginning so never ran through the configurator without it, thanks for the info. :icon thumright:

DaveW likes this.
  21. MCarda

MCarda Registered User

I have seen elsewhere that someone just took delivery of a MY2021 C8 and the 2x USB ports have been replaced with 2x USB type C ports instead, and the SIM card and SD card slots are no longer existent.

22. Diazro

Diazro Registered User

just took delivery yesterday, now no sd card slot and sim card slot but only two usb type C. I can sort the sd card with a connector but in 3 years time will need to buy subscription from Audi to use internet and all the functions. Also as the car was build in week 31, all the builds after week 30 had included the parking assist plus which it wasn't in my initial order, so I can take this as a nice free upgrade. And even I am a fan android I can tell you that android auto sucks, phone needs to be plugged in all the time but my wife's apple works like a charm :grumpy:

23. craigomills

I ordered my Daytona BE 40 Quattro at the start of August, contacted Audi UK who advise that it has been allocated a build week of the 16th November. No idea when this means I will get it !

24. Diazro

Diazro Registered User

25. craigomills

I have the audi order number but as its a lease, apparently only the leasing company can view it - when I check it doesn't find anything!

26. MCarda

MCarda Registered User

At least with the new Audi A4, you can extend the data subscription for free simply by contacting them, see the link below. That is how it is today, who knows in 3 years time when yours expires where they stand on this.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-connect-has-expired-renewal-question.415212/

Diazro likes this.