Factory CarPlay Activated

Bishop187

Reaction score
I just got back from visiting @DJAlix from VagCarCoding. He Enabled CarPlay for me on MY64 A7, it took him about 4 firmware updates and about 2 hours. Its all working. He was excellent, I really recommend him if anyone’s looking to do this.

I also noticed after the update, that now the Bose sub has its own control setting in sound settings.

e38c69ebd427924edc6e748234ddb7ed.jpg
2189646a0cdaf55c2ea2637fd9bd33cb.jpg

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Reactions: blackwood, AUDI_ADDICT, millsy4002 and 2 others
Was great to meet you guys and your car!

Audi Smartphone Interface was not an option for this vehicle as it was locked out by VIN. Parts system listed the option but it was greyed out, not a problem :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reactions: blackwood, AUDI_ADDICT and Bishop187
Looks impressive but how easy is it to use the apps without a touchscreen? How do you navigate and select each one - via the MMI controller or via your phone screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks impressive but how easy is it to use the apps without a touchscreen? How do you navigate and select each one - via the MMI controller or via your phone screen?

It’s a combination of the MMI control knob, and the touchpad. You don’t have to touch the phone.

Reactions: blackwood, Corb2000 and Bishop187

It’s quite easy. Took me about 5 mins to get used to it

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Reactions: Corb2000
Can this be done on a 2013 a7?
Have done a 2014 but I believe a 2013 will have MMI3G or MMIRMC. MIB2 is needed for Audi Smartphone Interface. If you can post up a photo of your MMI Software Version Screen then I can tell for sure.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but appreciate you checking this out! Cheers

Do you know if this set up will work on an Audi A4 B8 2015? My MMI interface looks the same.

Cheers

So how does one go about getting this done? ie costs, location etc?
This would also be for a MY64 A7

Do you know if this set up will work on an Audi A4 B8 2015? My MMI interface looks the same.

Cheers

Not possible as these vehicles never had MIB2 media systems as an option.

How much does this cost. Im currently having problems with my sat nav and this would be ideal if i could just use google mapa instead?

Fully recommended. Alix did mine remotely with help from T-1000 after Audi told me it could not be done on my 2016 RS6.

Reactions: blackwood
Need a reg or vin to be able to check

Hi, I've got a 2015 A6 C7 and no sign of any Carplay on my system, I'd like the flexibility of carplay if possible, I did email you the VIN and reg a few days ago but not sure if the email address was valid.

I just came over from the vwaudiforum with a link from Bishop187.

thanks in advance

Hi, I've got a 2015 A6 C7 and no sign of any Carplay on my system, I'd like the flexibility of carplay if possible, I did email you the VIN and reg a few days ago but not sure if the email address was valid.

I just came over from the vwaudiforum with a link from Bishop187.

thanks in advance
Hi there. Has been a busy few days, will be catching up on emails tomorrow. I will reply.

아직 살아있나요??

어떻게 카플레이를 얻을 수 있나요?

i have 2016 a7 hmi2-kr-au57x-s0035