Factory Bluetooth module replacement question

dougbert

A4 B7 cabriolet 2.0T owner
Reaction score
I purchased a neglected 2008 A4 B7 Quattro 2.0T with a nice top and body, but lots of small bugs to fix. One of them was the bluetooth module in the passenger floor was completely rotted and I found a working replacement for $50 from an Audi/ VW breaker here in Pennsylvania. Not knowing much about the car, I installed it and it does not work.

After searching high and low in various forums, I could not find any answers to the following questions:
1) I know the car had the bluetooth from the factory, as I found the two microphones above the windshield. Is there a hidden "restart" or "reset" function in the car to allow it to recognize the module without programming by the dealer?
2) If the VAG-com software is required, do I need a PhD to figure out how to do it?
3) Once enabled, will my iPhone 8 connect via a bluetooth menu? Nothing appears on the screen. It is not the fancy Nav screen I have seen on others. I looked in the owners manual and it doesn't mention a phone connection method.

Almost certainly vag com is needed. I'm sure there is a member near you who could help you out with it rather than spending a small fortune on buying one yourself.
Good luck

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

I've just retrofitted oem blutooth to my car and it has been a learning curve figuring it all out and figurimg out how it actually operates.

I would suggest the first thing to do would be to get you car scanned with VCDS and take it from there. I believe the modules are interchangeable too although the later part number variants are meant to function better with new phones

Thanks for the input. I was hoping that there was a way to just plug and play, but I will seek out someone with the VAGCom or VCDS. My dealer spent more than two days trying to figure out why the convertible top did not work, but that is a story for another day (they concluded only that it needed the whole pump and valve system replaced) Needless to say, I will not be going to the dealer for this. When I figure out what the problem is with the top, I will post something here. But for now, I will seek out someone in eastern Pennsylvania with the diagnostic system.