Facelift what and when?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi C6 owners.

I've searched 'facelift' in this section with not much success. When did the facelift take place on the C6 and what's different?

I'm considering a Le Mans edition Avant as a replacement for my Passat Estate, is it worth paying the Extra for this spec, or will I be fine with an S Line?

Just doing the research before I actually go out and testdrive one.

Facelift started in 2009, Some of the things I can think of are updated front & rear bumpers and depending on spec you got LED DRL's, MMI 3G.

Facelift started in 2009, Some of the things I can think of are updated front & rear bumpers and depending on spec you got LED DRL's, MMI 3G.

Thanks, I've been looking at 07-58 reg, so all pre facelift based on your info. Never used or owned anything MMI, so was there a period of 1G going onto 2G?

There was never 1G, but there are Basic and High Versions of the MMI2G so if you want Nav, DAB etc then make sure you get the high version. MMI basic had the red screen and high has the larger colour screen.

Basic on the left, high on the right
basci-high-2-horz.jpg

Reactions: Tuddie and jojo
Here is the front-end of the facelift, have to say it's on my lists of mods. ignore the red lines, its just an image I found.

You also get the indicator strips on the wing mirrors on the facelift version.

zusatzfernlicht-51646.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuddie and jojo
Thanks, the type of exterior tell tale signs I was after. Was never too keen on the A6 DRL pattern on the front, so it's not an issue if I get a facelift afterall. Good info on the basic and colour screen of the MMI, at least I know what to out look for now, cheers.

The Lemans was only a £250 option over the standard SLine, but the difference is worth loads more

From memory you get

19" wheels
Better leather
Heated Seats
Interior lighting pack
Pearlescent paint

I would presume that there probably more Lemans 2.7 and 3.0's out there than standard S-line based on this

Ive had mine about 2 months now and its an amazing car

Simon

Reactions: jojo
The Lemans was only a £250 option over the standard SLine, but the difference is worth loads more

From memory you get

19" wheels
Better leather
Heated Seats
Interior lighting pack
Pearlescent paint

I would presume that there probably more Lemans 2.7 and 3.0's out there than standard S-line based on this

Ive had mine about 2 months now and its an amazing car

Simon

250quid? Bit of a no brainer option if you was after an S Line anyways...