Facelift spied……?

No smoke withoit fire as they say but the 8Y A3 will be facelifted this time next year deliveries early 2024

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
No smoke withoit fire as they say but the 8Y A3 will be facelifted this time next year deliveries early 2024

That would certainly be the usual timeline.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
And I'll bet the 'changes' will be small and cosmetic, can't see them adding anything else, with the supply issues they've had they will want to try keep things simple.

They may give it a small bump in power too, just to keep Merc and BM honest.......lol

And I'll bet the 'changes' will be small and cosmetic, can't see them adding anything else, with the supply issues they've had they will want to try keep things simple.

They may give it a small bump in power too, just to keep Merc and BM honest.......lol
Just as long as they change/add the interior trim options maybe alloys everything else's can stay the same..more power 400 pony's more than enough for moi

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Just as long as they change/add the interior trim options maybe alloys everything else's can stay the same..more power 400 pony's more than enough for moi

Maybe, but you’ve gotta remember YouTubers / instabummers/ facefook will want to look good doing more endless pointless reviews on it……..

Rinse, repeat, etc…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could just be a new performance parts range

Ties in with 8V timeline though

2013 8V introduced
Late 2014 / early 2015 RS3 announced / spy shots.
RS3 8V PFL orders delivered summer 2015

Facelift 8V spied late 2016, first FL cars appeared late summer 2017.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and RS3ree
If our cars don't turn up until Summer 23 with a facelift due 6-9 months later I'm not sure that I would proceed.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
If our cars don't turn up until Summer 23 with a facelift due 6-9 months later I'm not sure that I would proceed.

TX.

Not great is it………

I guess the first A3 8Ys were on 70 plates so end of 2020 they started appearing so 2024 for a Facelift is probably right.

Still the Audi logo being so high up on the front grille seems a bit off and developing the car already in 2022 is a bit weird as well - maybe we're missing something?

Would be a properly stupid move of Audi to face lift the car or even have these spy shots out so soon when so many people are fuming about their delayed current cars not even being with them yet. But nothing ceases to amaze me when it comes to Audi UK/Audi AG.

All the same pictures all guessing it will be the facelift so who knows. One of the websites thinks it might be a performance edition but thats a lot of bodywork changes just for a special edition?

Last edited:

TX.

They may do what they did with the 8v though.
I remember taking delivery of my 8v RS3 just as the facelift sport and s-line cars were only a couple of months away.
Didn't they then stop build of the RS3 for a short while before re-introducing the facelift version ?

They may do what they did with the 8v though.
I remember taking delivery of my 8v RS3 just as the facelift sport and s-line cars were only a couple of months away.
Didn't they then stop build of the RS3 for a short while before re-introducing the facelift version ?

I bought my PFL in October 15.
Sold it in May 17 and bought the 7.5R then sold that in October 17 and bought the FL.
This was a few weeks after 1st FL orders were showing up at dealers.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
looks like the chequered matrix array display is history on facelift

looks like the chequered matrix array display is history on facelift

It could just be a standard car though as they just came without the chequered matrix.

Reactions: RS03???
It could just be a standard car though as they just came without the chequered matrix.

That would be my guess, as the lights are just the basic LED jobs rather than Matrix version with the chequered flag.

Reactions: RS03???
That would be my guess, as the lights are just the basic LED jobs rather than Matrix version with the chequered flag.

Even the first cars we saw from Audi had the stock LED lights (the 12453 wrapped car if anyone remembers), I am guessing they put the cheapest stuff where they can..
And by doing so they don't delay our orders further :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Someone else mentioned this new Performance Edition has no one else seen it? Not coming here though;

Guess thats different though as it has had no bodywork modified.

Don’t really see much difference unless they’re planning on sticking in some different head lights for the production versions or something. Especially with reports the interior isn’t changing.

Reactions: mb127
Don’t really see much difference unless they’re planning on sticking in some different head lights for the production versions or something. Especially with reports the interior isn’t changing.

What I thought as well - can't see any drastic changes here, but there's still time I suppose.

Reactions: Daggerit

The rear bumper looks to be hiding some design changes and l dare say seat coverings/trims in all models will be refreshed given the interior in all current models is as dull as dish water

The rear bumper looks to be hiding some design changes and l dare say seat coverings/trims in all models will be refreshed given the interior in all current models is as dull as dish water

If they are working on the RS3 facelift already this may also explain why they have removed the car from further ordering.
Same happened with the 8v, there was a few months gap between where the car was removed just prior to the facelift coming out.

Reactions: Jassyo06
If they are working on the RS3 facelift already this may also explain why they have removed the car from further ordering.
Same happened with the 8v, there was a few months gap between where the car was removed just prior to the facelift coming out.

But in all Honesty who’s going to care now….

Audi have peeved that many potential owners off, who’s going to go through the same fiasco for a mild at best Facelift car.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daggerit

Audi have peeved that many potential owners off, who’s going to go through the same fiasco for a mild at best Facelift car.

I imagine that they'll have lost a lot of potential customers who are now in other vehicles already as a result of being mucked about so long. Either as two fingers to them or out of necessity.
I look forward to seeing what they offer and if there is significant difference versus just a light external and internal freshen up then I'll pop an order in just to see how it goes. If it's just the minor changes, as I expect it will be, then I don't see it as being worth the faff personally.

I imagine that they'll have lost a lot of potential customers who are now in other vehicles already as a result of being mucked about so long. Either as two fingers to them or out of necessity.
I look forward to seeing what they offer and if there is significant difference versus just a light external and internal freshen up then I'll pop an order in just to see how it goes. If it's just the minor changes, as I expect it will be, then I don't see it as being worth the faff personally.

Both fair perspectives.
I'm sure the tweaks will be minor, but on the 8v they did make a nice difference albeit mainly on the exterior.
On the 8y, I'm not sure how they could tweak it to the same degree as the 8y exterior does look good.
The interior will be an easy fix for the UK market as we all know.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and Daggerit
Both fair perspectives.
I'm sure the tweaks will be minor, but on the 8v they did make a nice difference albeit mainly on the exterior.
On the 8y, I'm not sure how they could tweak it to the same degree as the 8y exterior does look good.
The interior will be an easy fix for the UK market as we all know.

It would have to be some ‘tweak’

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
Out of the 3 performance editions just released we know that 2 of them are going to be discontinued, I wonder if it will be all 3?

Audi's new direction is clearly visible; I wonder if they would like to drop the RS ICE range altogether? It is becoming very unacceptable these days to merely overtake another car never mind go past them in full daft mode

Reactions: Kevmoz
Out of the 3 performance editions just released we know that 2 of them are going to be discontinued, I wonder if it will be all 3?

Audi's new direction is clearly visible; I wonder if they would like to drop the RS ICE range altogether? It is becoming very unacceptable these days to merely overtake another car never mind go past them in full daft mode
They've also launched A RS6/RS7 performance 630ps models but they've not giving them out to the youtubers to actually drive them/launched them yet....But l do agree Audi are only interested in battery mobile vehicles now

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
They've also launched A RS6/RS7 performance 630ps models but they've not giving them out to the youtubers to actually drive them/launched them yet....But l do agree Audi are only interested in battery mobile vehicles now
There was one review by autotopnl I think it someone similar to him that he drove and timed the car when it was launched, I put down an order for one (replaced the order on a “regular” RS6) deliver expected to be in a year thou.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Could be interested in a facelift car but very much depends what that involves…

@Snake Pliskin . Had a go in this Sharks Blue/Turbo blue what a machine car shudders when revved at a standstill in sports plus mode ....this example has a optional Aero kit

Attachments

• 20221225_125904.jpg
    20221225_125904.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 107
  • 20221225_125507.jpg
    20221225_125507.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • 20221225_125852.jpg
    20221225_125852.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 112
  • 20221225_125516.jpg
    20221225_125516.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 104
  • Love
Reactions: pburv, A4B9, Jcbmally and 4 others
@Snake Pliskin . Had a go in this Sharks Blue/Turbo blue what a machine car shudders when revved at a standstill in sports plus mode ....this example has a optional Aero kit

Crikey what a machine mate.
Looks incredible - I bet that was an experience for sure.
Colour suits the car.
Absolutely love the rear light design.
Hope you’ve had a good day today pal

Reactions: Jassyo06 and kayemill
Crikey what a machine mate.
Looks incredible - I bet that was an experience for sure.
Colour suits the car.
Absolutely love the rear light design.
Hope you’ve had a good day today pal
Yeah it was an amazing car to drive l got a Porsche Driving Experience day out in Silverstone for my Birthday from Jordan probably do that at the start of April
That 911 was very nicely kitted out inside red stitched leather everywhere red seat belts Glass roof it looked more aggressive than it was to drive first car Jordan has had that actually had a tracker/fob fitted ****** to get in and out though lol

Reactions: kayemill and Snake Pliskin

Same as mine but I didn’t get the aero kit as wasn’t available when I ordered. Interior is on a completely different level to any modern Audis.

4fdf85554f0aa31d73f4a195750d82ed.jpg

a70fb970b728e286ea205fb7411d4797.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, A4B9, Jcbmally and 3 others
Yeah it was an amazing car to drive l got a Porsche Driving Experience day out in Silverstone for my Birthday from Jordan probably do that at the start of April
That 911 was very nicely kitted out inside red stitched leather everywhere red seat belts Glass roof it looked more aggressive than it was to drive first car Jordan has had that actually had a tracker/fob fitted ****** to get in and out though lol

Yeah the 718 sits pretty low too.
I’m gonna have to re-adjust to that and massive single coupe doors.
Ah cool - I’ve got the Silverstone drive day next year too, should be terrific.

Reactions: kayemill and Jassyo06
Same as mine but I didn’t get the aero kit as wasn’t available when I ordered. Interior is on a completely different level to any modern Audis.

4fdf85554f0aa31d73f4a195750d82ed.jpg

a70fb970b728e286ea205fb7411d4797.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s a pretty cool ‘fleet’ ;)

Reactions: kayemill and IanL-RS3