Facelift (Facelift) Sound settings resetting frequently (B&O)

I have a late 2018 and I don’t have any of these issues and got the sub control as well.
my software version is 1168 if that helps you guys chase Audi for this.

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794) Labels:* None

Part No SW: 8V1 035 035 D HW: 8V1 035 035

Component: MU-P-LND-EU 054 1168

Serial number: A698D0JS016911

Coding: 017353010000000011111102000A00332F0027E701700100DE

im on the same version. Have you *** or B&O? My coding is set to the same as yours for 1st 8 digits and im on ***

im on the same version. Have you *** or B&O? My coding is set to the same as yours for 1st 8 digits and im on ***

B&o. I’ve made a few coding changes as well. Just to test a few things so that’s why it could be different. Things Like readiness sound and other stuff. Not exactly sure when I took that scan as it was on my desktop.

Reactions: Khufu
Hi all , glad i found this post. I had the same problem with the Sound settings resetting themselves. I first took it into Audi dealer who did a quick reset. Didn't fix a thing same thing happened. However when it went back in a second time they applied an update via an SD card which fixed the sound issue.

However I now have problems with the parking sensors settings resetting themselves. Car went back in for this but they could not identify fault. Of course though it is still happening. Does anyone else have this issue ?

Hi all , glad i found this post. I had the same problem with the Sound settings resetting themselves. I first took it into Audi dealer who did a quick reset. Didn't fix a thing same thing happened. However when it went back in a second time they applied an update via an SD card which fixed the sound issue.

However I now have problems with the parking sensors settings resetting themselves. Car went back in for this but they could not identify fault. Of course though it is still happening. Does anyone else have this issue ?
Update your parking sensors module to index B or C.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

What firmware/software version do you have?
Think the guys on here would be interested in that.

What firmware/software version do you have?
Think the guys on here would be interested in that.

739263761ac7e2ccf0a06e322f7d1383.jpg
162e5d61725be6ac3b3b6423500e6832.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE

Yes. I have the same issue with the parking sensors re setting themselves to ‘off’ when I had the setting at ‘high’!! Had to re set them this morning!! I was told there was no fix for this as well as sound issues!! Not sure if it’s down to when the car was built as some cars have issues and others don’t. Mine is a MY17

Just thought I would post some of my recent findings. I’m one of the people who was active on this thread some time ago.

I have the B&O system and was experiencing resets on my sound settings and telephone volume frequently.

I was able to get the software update around 12 months ago (I think) and this gave me the subwoofer settings as well as “fixing” the resetting issue.

I can confirm in my experience at least that this has not fully cured the problem. I began to notice that if I set the star button to the “drive select” option, this would frequently cause the issue to occur.

If not been back here to post as I simply starting using the actual dashboard button instead. It reminded me recently though when my wife borrowed the car and I think must have pressed it. In her Q3 this button skips the current song. I’ve wondered why my music sounded worse all week until I checked... there they were all back to default settings

Just thought it was worth pointing out that I reckon it’s related... certainly to the button and potentially to what mode it’s currently set to.

Richard

The button problem is a problem that exists since the first sw version :D

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Just didn’t know if anyone had attributed it to this particular issue?

I’ll be honest I’ve not reread the thread so apologies if it’s already been covered.

Just didn’t know if anyone had attributed it to this particular issue?

I’ll be honest I’ve not reread the thread so apologies if it’s already been covered.

I have some warranty work booked in a couple of weeks and I mentioned my mmi sound settings resetting (B&O). He had a quick look on his end and said there was no software update found but will look into it. I don’t want them to just reset the MMI and say it’s fixed as others here have said it doesn’t. Is there any more info other than there was an update done via SD card?
Thanks

I have some warranty work booked in a couple of weeks and I mentioned my mmi sound settings resetting (B&O). He had a quick look on his end and said there was no software update found but will look into it. I don’t want them to just reset the MMI and say it’s fixed as others here have said it doesn’t. Is there any more info other than there was an update done via SD card?
Thanks
Do you have mmi plus of basic? Whats your current softwareversion?

It depends on the software version being used and I must also say the MMI hardware. My A3 has a very low production number and when the update was processed resulted in corrupting the software of the MMI, after which Audi simply replaced the MMI unit with a new one under warranty.

What do you get with the update- access to the subwoofer settings and in theory the settings not resetting. My MMi was replaced in July 2018. Since then the audio settings did occasionally reset, however now the software seems to have stabilised and i think months have passed since i did the last settings change followiong a reset.

Thanks for the replies. It’s a facelift with mmi +, I did have the software info but I can’t find it now so I’ll have a look tonight and post. I already have the subwoofer setting so maybe the update won’t affect it.

I wondered if it was me and my mrs using our separate keys causing it to reset but after testing this it’s not. Sometimes it won’t change for a week and other times it’s changed the next day! We don’t use the * button as mentioned above. It’s annoying having to check the sound settings every time I use the car

Thanks for the replies. It’s a facelift with mmi +, I did have the software info but I can’t find it now so I’ll have a look tonight and post. I already have the subwoofer setting so maybe the update won’t affect it.

I wondered if it was me and my mrs using our separate keys causing it to reset but after testing this it’s not. Sometimes it won’t change for a week and other times it’s changed the next day! We don’t use the * button as mentioned above. It’s annoying having to check the sound settings every time I use the car

Mine resets from time to time also, it can reset week to week or go three months without resetting, basically does what it wants.

Again....which software version do you have?

mine went in about a year ago and had an update which gave you subwwofer control but still randomly resets but not as often.tried to get them to look at it when it was in for a service in july but they said they didn't do diagnostics on a weekend and needed it for a full day.is ther another update?

mine went in about a year ago and had an update which gave you subwwofer control but still randomly resets but not as often.tried to get them to look at it when it was in for a service in july but they said they didn't do diagnostics on a weekend and needed it for a full day.is ther another update?
There are several new updates released but it depends on your current version.

Thank you
Just a quick update..
I have the car in for the heated wing mirror to be replaced and also asked them to look at the mmi controls resetting randomly (base/treble/sub etc). I told them about the 0235 version and they’ve told me there is an update which hasn’t been released yet specifically for this problem. They can’t give me a date but to keep checking to see if it’s been released yet.

Just a quick update..
I have the car in for the heated wing mirror to be replaced and also asked them to look at the mmi controls resetting randomly (base/treble/sub etc). I told them about the 0235 version and they’ve told me there is an update which hasn’t been released yet specifically for this problem. They can’t give me a date but to keep checking to see if it’s been released yet.
Not released???

Partnumber is 4M0906961CC :)

2017 F/L S3 went in to Audi for service and I asked if there were any software/firmware upgrades and was advised not. Have recently noticed losing the bass/treble settings and satnav/phone volume resetting to default. Went back to Audi last week and car booked in for this Wednesday. Went back in with detailed description of the problem which was shared with one of the technicians. He was aware of the issues and would check my MMI version (0170). The Manager came back to me after an hour of so and said they have the upgrade (0235) and said it would take about an hour and they can do it while I wait, so I agreed. Nearly 2 hours later, he came back and said the upgrade had failed to complete fully, which may have been due to their systems. He advised Audi technical were due on site to upgrade their systems the next day. Car booked in for 3rd September. Checked MMI and now on version 0235 and Subwoofer control now available. What was interesting, was the manager saying the Audi will only upgrade software if you actually report the relevant problems to them, i.e. they will only upgrade my MMI from 0170 to 0235 if I give them a description of the actual problem relating to Audio settings. Will update further as necessary.

2017 F/L S3 went in to Audi for service and I asked if there were any software/firmware upgrades and was advised not. Have recently noticed losing the bass/treble settings and satnav/phone volume resetting to default. Went back to Audi last week and car booked in for this Wednesday. Went back in with detailed description of the problem which was shared with one of the technicians. He was aware of the issues and would check my MMI version (0170). The Manager came back to me after an hour of so and said they have the upgrade (0235) and said it would take about an hour and they can do it while I wait, so I agreed. Nearly 2 hours later, he came back and said the upgrade had failed to complete fully, which may have been due to their systems. He advised Audi technical were due on site to upgrade their systems the next day. Car booked in for 3rd September. Checked MMI and now on version 0235 and Subwoofer control now available. What was interesting, was the manager saying the Audi will only upgrade software if you actually report the relevant problems to them, i.e. they will only upgrade my MMI from 0170 to 0235 if I give them a description of the actual problem relating to Audio settings. Will update further as necessary.
Their attitude to software is so archaic, I have had exactly the same problems .....