Facelift Facelift S3 saloon ibis white Turbo Technics V4

Hi Craig.....good to see you doing things that Audi never intended,as before!

If/when you consider the big turbo move,do consider both a DQ500 and Syvecs ECU.

Those 2 things would utterly transform the car,and give you a huge amount of extra scope from the bigger turbo.
I've recently had a DQ500 interfaced with my car,and that,along with new maps for the Syvecs have shaved a huge amount off the acceleration times and added to the performance.

For sure,it was a very expensive mod to undertake,but worth the extra gains......all of mine was done by Andy at Storm Developments,and it may be worth a chat with him if you go down this route.

Best regards,and glad to se you're having fun.

Alex
Hi Alex, you must remember my big turbo A4, we spoke alot during the worst times of my life

I will be staying manual, but im having turbo issues at the moment. Seems we've had an issue that been getting progressively worse and due to my relationship with my suppliers i wont be disclosing the issue as of yet. But it might not make it to Vag Tuner. I limped back from york on sunday with what we thought was a fueling issue. Although we are working on a solution, time is going to be the main area that will hold us back, so fingers crossed.

Also i will be staying manual with this car as i love how it drives. As we soon found out through the twistys that 2.1 bar at 517bhp in comparison to 2.5 bar at 600bhp, was a game changer. I was gone! Also a 520bhp dsg was quick but being able to choose the gear 'I' wantes meant i was making quicker decisions and seeing a massive accleration gain.

Ill keep you posted.

Also incase you havent noticed, this was my car in Performance Audi this month..

So happy to see it in there.

fa7612f7c6e66141e5038e6e5d04a24c.jpg
b134dd21d022dc919fbda096ad251a9e.jpg
28aa210d5da8be712de77c37ae6a8298.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jungle650, ruairi83, TDI-line and 9 others
Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Reactions: Craig Cull and Rob2k68
Hope you get it sorted soon mate.
Thanks Tom, we will sort it one way or another... or atleast i hope so as i have 25 litres of race fuel at MRC waiting for me. So fingers and toes crossed

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks Tom, we will sort it one way or another... or atleast i hope so as i have 25 litres of race fuel at MRC waiting for me. So fingers and toes crossed

Haha yeah don't wanna waste that!

Friend of mine has just got a Lamborghini Huracan, think you should take the trip to Milton Keynes when it's sorted and have a play :sunglasses:

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1 and Craig Cull

Friend of mine has just got a Lamborghini Huracan, think you should take the trip to Milton Keynes when it's sorted and have a play :sunglasses:
That would make an interesting video mate

That would make an interesting video mate

Let me know if you're ever around this way and I'll try arrange it.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Craig Cull
Let me know if you're ever around this way and I'll try arrange it.
I certainly will mate, even if i get smoked, it would be nice to see the car!

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1, MattSedg and 1 other person

Rupert :hubbahubba:

You know him too? Small world haha

Very small world. Went out recently with him in it and his bros 458. Along with M3, R8 and GTR. He is ALWAYS down for a drive on weekends lol.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Tom.H
While the cars waiting for parts, i thought i would enable some of the R8 features in VCDS.

G Meter and Engine data

1d0cdfafa9173d5877f08b41c9c40c7d.jpg

Reactions: SeoTFSI, THQuattro, Daz4311 and 2 others
This cause you any problems....would audi not spit there dummy out if I done this...cars on pcp

This cause you any problems....would audi not spit there dummy out if I done this...cars on pcp
You can go into VC menu and turn it back to stock VC mate so i cant see them having a problem with it.

The virtual cockpit vcds stuff is not really what i class as moving forward... as fun as it is, thats all it is... what we aim for is a noticeable difference as apose to button bashing...

So we bought this....

3rd generation TSI to forge over winter...

More to be revealed in due course... that said, the S3 should be back in action tomorrow

a3a765a6aa1acf1e1b7bfe90465213d2.jpg

Reactions: jimojameso, Rob2k68, THQuattro and 2 others
On the engine stand ready to strip and start building.

The S3 is now back on the road after a turbo issue. We also think the issue was there from the start as now its a million times more responsive. TTE cracked on with getting me a new turbo out which was great but due to the timescale we also gave ourselves a back up plan.
Turbo Technics V4. We will compare the 2 as its fun and also for others to see. The TTE runs the leyo atmospheric diverter where as the V4 runs the stock diverter. I almost think for the manual car the V4 could be better as it wont take as much time to spool up. The dsg wont suffer from this as its so quick at changing gear. We will see the difference. Running the TTE for this weekend but switching to the V4 after and sending it back to MRC for Tuning.

So i will post the results.

As for the forged engine, turbo possibilitys will be coming soon, but we wont be running a hybrid on that engine
5c17da4e2fdb1b0db22ab2eb97b49b59.jpg

Reactions: S3Alex, Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Is the forged engine an s3 engine, what actually is a forged engine? Probably stupid questions

Is the forged engine an s3 engine, what actually is a forged engine? Probably stupid questions
Forged means the engine is built (or will be built ) with forged rods and pistons, which can handle alot more power over stock. The engine is a CJX 3rd generation TSI S3 engine which is the same as whats in mine so a direct replacement. Not sure on the spec we are aiming to yet, but it will be a significant increase in power.

Reactions: PanamaS3, S3Alex and THQuattro
Forged means the engine is built (or will be built ) with forged rods and pistons, which can handle alot more power over stock. The engine is a CJX 3rd generation TSI S3 engine which is the same as whats in mine so a direct replacement. Not sure on the spec we are aiming to yet, but it will be a significant increase in power.

Oh I see, thank you for explaining. Good luck with the build, will keep an eye out.

Reactions: Craig Cull
This will be interesting to see the power figures achieved, but more importantly, the powerband achievable with the integral exhaust manifold

Should be able to keep the EGT's cooler higher in the rpms without mapping in as much fuel, thus much more actual go !!

Have you thought about the turbo you’re going to use yet ??
What’s the rough power you’re aiming at ?
What type of response are you looking for from the engine in terms of spool, rpm at which full,boost is achieved etc.... ??

Here's a few videos from yesterdays Vag Tuner Live, was a great day, just a shame we had to retire due to breaking the tracks decibel limit..

Only managed 2 laps so couldnt really get chance to do my thing but we enjoyed it anyway.

Reactions: azibux1
This will be interesting to see the power figures achieved, but more importantly, the powerband achievable with the integral exhaust manifold

Should be able to keep the EGT's cooler higher in the rpms without mapping in as much fuel, thus much more actual go !!

Have you thought about the turbo you’re going to use yet ??
What’s the rough power you’re aiming at ?
What type of response are you looking for from the engine in terms of spool, rpm at which full,boost is achieved etc.... ??
Not sure yet tbh, just gonna base it round a few cars that are currently being built. Depending on how they respond to tuning etc. But i want useable power so 2 bar of boost on a big turbo set up with response being the key.

Reactions: S3Alex, azibux1 and Sandra
Ok been a abit of a bumpy ride. By trying to please everyone its caused some grief so this is how it is...

The TTE525R failed after 2000 miles. No warning, no nothing just failed. Simon sent me a new one out asap even though thats not how the procedure normally goes. But due to not wanting to miss Vag Tuner we ordered a Turbo Technics V4. Seens it arrived first we fitted it.

So basically we are now running a Turbo Technics V4 turbo and will continue to use this turbo from here on out.

Ok been a abit of a bumpy ride. By trying to please everyone its caused some grief so this is how it is...

The TTE525R failed after 2000 miles. No warning, no nothing just failed. Simon sent me a new one out asap even though thats not how the procedure normally goes. But due to not wanting to miss Vag Tuner we ordered a Turbo Technics V4. Seens it arrived first we fitted it.

So basically we are now running a Turbo Technics V4 turbo and will continue to use this turbo from here on out.

Not good mate after that mileage! Hopefully the TT will be good to you and you can enjoy the car.

Hi Craig, how you finding the v4 tt?
I'm waiting on Will getting one for me, I'm running the v2 tt at the moment, it's pretty impressive but I'm running it at 2.4bar, hoping to achieve the same power or slightly more with lower boost on the v4, what's the spool up like? Much low down lag? Cheers Mark

Hi Craig, how you finding the v4 tt?
I'm waiting on Will getting one for me, I'm running the v2 tt at the moment, it's pretty impressive but I'm running it at 2.4bar, hoping to achieve the same power or slightly more with lower boost on the v4, what's the spool up like? Much low down lag? Cheers Mark
Hi Mark,

Ill be honest its still running the 525 map, but because it doesnt use the atmospheric diverter like the 525 to me its less laggy, but also much more responsive. Its going back to mrc for tuning next week so ill let you know what it pulls. But at the minute for me the difference is positive. But i guess ill never know if the 525 was faulty from the start.

So far i really like it tbh

Hi Mark,

Ill be honest its still running the 525 map, but because it doesnt use the atmospheric diverter like the 525 to me its less laggy, but also much more responsive. Its going back to mrc for tuning next week so ill let you know what it pulls. But at the minute for me the difference is positive. But i guess ill never know if the 525 was faulty from the start.

So far i really like it tbh

What was the figures from the 525r?

522ps 673nm @ 2.1 bar on an Mrc Custom stage 3 map.

Cool, don't think the 525 would of been faulty if the figures at 2.1bar are pretty strong, I'm hopefully going to swap out the v2 tt for the v4tt in the next month :)

Cool, don't think the 525 would of been faulty if the figures at 2.1bar are pretty strong, I'm hopefully going to swap out the v2 tt for the v4tt in the next month :)
My thoughts as well to be fair. Was always a strong pulling car until it failed. Im really happy with the v4 even on a 525 map

My thoughts as well to be fair. Was always a strong pulling car until it failed. Im really happy with the v4 even on a 525 map

Good stuff, I think you've got my v4, Will said I would be the first to get one :) :)
When is it getting mapped to the v4 then?

Good stuff, I think you've got my v4, Will said I would be the first to get one :) :)
When is it getting mapped to the v4 then?
I bought the turbo off dave and sent it straight to Will, but due to the timescale and the fact i didnt have a turbo and it was getting close to vag tuner, Will and Chris put out all the stops to help me mate tbh. I didnt know what version i was getting, i just wanted a turbo so my car would make it. Appologies if ive stepped on your ties but i promise that wasnt the intention. We just fell on hard times and i was lucky to have so many good people behind me.

Ive not decided when its going back as i dont intend on doing any track action this year now. But i may send it over in a week or 2 to see whats what, or atleast have it done before vw festival. Ill keep you posted on any progress. Youll still be the first pre facelift

Craig, could you please provide more info about this tt v4? Who sell this turbo and what are the specs?
Thanks.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

I bought the turbo off dave and sent it straight to Will, but due to the timescale and the fact i didnt have a turbo and it was getting close to vag tuner, Will and Chris put out all the stops to help me mate tbh. I didnt know what version i was getting, i just wanted a turbo so my car would make it. Appologies if ive stepped on your ties but i promise that wasnt the intention. We just fell on hard times and i was lucky to have so many good people behind me.

Ive not decided when its going back as i dont intend on doing any track action this year now. But i may send it over in a week or 2 to see whats what, or atleast have it done before vw festival. Ill keep you posted on any progress. Youll still be the first pre facelift
emoji106.png

Hi Craig, all good bud.
Be interesting to see what it does, my v2 is maxed out at 565 in good fuel, at 2.4bar

hi Craig, all good man, not stepped on my toes :)
Be interesting to see if it's an improvement over my v2.
I don't track my car either, not confident enough, I'm more of a straight line hero :)

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi Craig, all good bud.
Be interesting to see what it does, my v2 is maxed out at 565 in good fuel, at 2.4bar

hi Craig, all good man, not stepped on my toes :)
Be interesting to see if it's an improvement over my v2.
I don't track my car either, not confident enough, I'm more of a straight line hero :)
The turbo your waiting for isnt out yet mate. Its the new bigger one your waiting for. Im guessing your forging next? Think Mic Andrews is testing the first on his Superb

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly
The turbo your waiting for isnt out yet mate. Its the new bigger one your waiting for. Im guessing your forging next? Think Mic Andrews is testing the first on his Superb

Yes need to forge it, pushing my luck at the moment with the power output , yes will watch out for Mic's :)

Yes need to forge it, pushing my luck at the moment with the power output , yes will watch out for Mic's :)
Definitely, feel like im pushing it as well. Always in the back of my mind. Ill look forward to seeing what you do next

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly
Definitely, feel like im pushing it as well. Always in the back of my mind. Ill look forward to seeing what you do next

Hi Craig....I know what you mean,but looking at the torque figures you had on your video,it'd be good to think that you're probably OK for a while,given that you're not far off what was safe on the previous model.

With the bigger turbo coming for both yourself and @RedS3Reilly,I'm sure forging will make you feel a lot happier,as I know that did the same for me,and more so when the engine was rebuilt recently,with all the internals found to be fine after 40k miles on 450-550bhp and 550lbs.

Good luck as always.

Reactions: Craig Cull and RedRS3Reilly
Hi Craig....I know what you mean,but looking at the torque figures you had on your video,it'd be good to think that you're probably OK for a while,given that you're not far off what was safe on the previous model.

With the bigger turbo coming for both yourself and @RedS3Reilly,I'm sure forging will make you feel a lot happier,as I know that did the same for me,and more so when the engine was rebuilt recently,with all the internals found to be fine after 40k miles on 450-550bhp and 550lbs.

Good luck as always.
My friend Dave Henderson took his engine apart when forging and the stock block and components were still Immaculate, makes me feel more comfortable knowing there's a few big power stock blocks surviving the punishment

My friend Dave Henderson took his engine apart when forging and the stock block and components were still Immaculate, makes me feel more comfortable knowing there's a few big power stock blocks surviving the punishment
Yeah i think im good for a while with it only having 6k on the clock. Im still planning for the future though. Can never be too prepared as ive found out in the past