Facelift Facelift S3 ordered!

LewMcC

Reaction score
Just thought I would sign up to the forum after using all the info on here when deciding what would be my new car!

After alot of tooing and froing (mostly between the focus RS and this) I decided on the S3, Ive been told it will be ready for October maybe sooner which cant come quick enough

My problem is now what mods to do to it definitely going for an exhaust system as it was one of the things that i think really lets the car down

Also i was wondering is there a mountune style aftermarket dealer for audi like there is for ford? That lets you keep your warranty from using their parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new order ... hope you wait does not seem too long!

You should give the car a month or so standard, you may be pleasantly surprised and save yourself some money.

I believe Revo are the best out there for VAG mods, however using their parts and maps still invalidates your warranty.

I would have liked to have fitted an exhaust and maybe the carbon intake system but I just don't want any warranty hassle should I need to take the car to Audi for any issues

Congrats on the new order ... hope you wait does not seem too long!

You should give the car a month or so standard, you may be pleasantly surprised and save yourself some money.

Ill definitely be leaving it a while before doing anything but i know ill eventually want to mix things up a bit! Especially power wise

I believe Revo are the best out there for VAG mods, however using their parts and maps still invalidates your warranty.

I would have liked to have fitted an exhaust and maybe the carbon intake system but I just don't want any warranty hassle should I need to take the car to Audi for any issues

Yea Ive drove a revo GTI and its such a difference from the stock car!

I have an induction kit and bov on my current seat ibiza (the s3 is some jump i know) and a common fault with them is the turbo blows and when this happened my dealer didnt even mention the mods and happily fixed it! An exhaust shouldnt cause any problems at all, and who says theyd even know if you went for a remus or milltek system with the valves? they are meant to sound as stock until you put it into dynamic mode

Ill definitely be leaving it a while before doing anything but i know ill eventually want to mix things up a bit! Especially power wise

MTM is probably the closest to Audi-approved but it isn't cheap.
So come on, what's your new car spec?!

Reactions: pburv
MTM is probably the closest to Audi-approved but it isn't cheap.
So come on, what's your new car spec?!

Sorry just getting this now! After seeing the new standard spec of the car all I had to add was front and rear parking sensors, I was tempted to get the magnetic ride but chances are ill want to lower the car so would rather keep the money for decent coilovers or maybe airbags!

But it will be a 3 door in Daytona grey! Was gutted they cut the pearl blue and didn't really fancy the bright yellow as it would attract too much attention

Reactions: Scottyg and batch
I just got a phone call from audi today, saying that if I didnt want the badges on the back of my car I could get it in August i dont understand how a simple S3 badge makes 8 weeks a difference

Possibly the same spec s3 of yours had already been ordered for stock minus the badges. Do it! Can always ask them to put badges on if you want them

I just got a phone call from audi today, saying that if I didnt want the badges on the back of my car I could get it in August i dont understand how a simple S3 badge makes 8 weeks a difference

Why not get a TDI badge instead?, the young chap 4 doors along from me has a 114i badge on the back of his M135i, he asures me its quite hilarious.

Reactions: N88 RBN and SpeedyFrog
Haha thats pretty tempting! Dont think the quad exhaust will give too much away

I went for it and just got an email from audi saying the factory is now processing my order! Dont think ill be able to sleep for the next month or two

Haha thats pretty tempting! Dont think the quad exhaust will give too much away

I went for it and just got an email from audi saying the factory is now processing my order! Dont think ill be able to sleep for the next month or two

Me either, I cant remember the last time i was this exited about anything, nevermind getting a new car.

The S3 in my opinion is already a Q-Car, it's very, very similar look to the S-Line (unsuprisingly) only the quad exhausts give it away like you said, however, i bet people will just think "look at that sad loser in his TDI with those ludicrous aftermarket exhausts, lets tailgate him" and are then thoroughly confused/bemused once you engage the warp drive (within the bounds of the speed limit of course...)

Me either, I cant remember the last time i was this exited about anything, nevermind getting a new car.

The S3 in my opinion is already a Q-Car, it's very, very similar look to the S-Line (unsuprisingly) only the quad exhausts give it away like you said, however, i bet people will just think "look at that sad loser in his TDI with those ludicrous aftermarket exhausts, lets tailgate him" and are then thoroughly confused/bemused once you engage the warp drive (within the bounds of the speed limit of course...)

Thats one of the things that really drew me to it! The focus rs and sti are amazing, but you cant go anywhere without being noticed, they scream attention the kind you do and don't want

Counting the seconds now until first launch in my pocket rocketship

I was wondering! Is there a break in period for the car? Ive been told/heard so many different things! My way of thinking is that after 500 miles or so you can drive it like you stole it once the engine is up to running temps? Its my first performance car so dont want to blow a turbo after 6months lol

My car has been sitting in Quality Control for a week, does anyone have any idea how long transit takes?

My car has been sitting in Quality Control for a week, does anyone have any idea how long transit takes?

Hi, I'm between the focus and S3. What made you choose the S3?

Hi, I'm between the focus and S3. What made you choose the S3?

There were no focus Rs's for me to test drive at the time! But comparing the quality of the S3 to the ST.... For the money the Audi won hands down!

Financially for me they were both on par? For a half reasonable monthly payment ford were looking a 10k deposit and at the time audi were offering 2.5k off for the 3dr (which i prefered no real need for a 5dr atm) so even though it was 70 a month over the focus im keep 5k of my own money

The waiting times where huge! For the focus like audi said 6 months at the most when the ford dealer quoted me 18months..... And after my current car being in a crash i needed it gone asap

Id love an RS down the line as a 2nd car but i dont think i could use it daily, because of how balls to the walls it is it screams attention, my mate has a Mk2 and the hassle he gets would get on my (.)(.) after a while! i love how understated the S3 compared to it but faster performance wise!

So a number of things swung it for me in the end

I know its off topic but have you seen the latest offers on the new 240i? I would be majorly tempted if i was in your shoes.... I think it was 1700 deposit and 360 a month if you are going higher purchase route

I'm fortunate enough I sell the Focus RS for a living so know how they are inside and what they are like to drive. I test drove a pre-facelift s3 sport back last week and wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was

Just got word my S3 is at my dealers just a pity im on holiday for another 5 days

**** Croatia just take me home

Reactions: batch
I'm fortunate enough I sell the Focus RS for a living so know how they are inside and what they are like to drive. I test drove a pre-facelift s3 sport back last week and wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was

Well in another way my 2013 ST3 Would run rings round my S3 in everyway barring taking away in the wet,again the S3 nearly bounced me off a B road this week l hit a undulating part of the road 75 mph the car bounced that high my head hit the roof and quite firmly.... The S3's handling at speed leaves a lot to be desired

:fearscream:

* makes note to decline any offer of a lift from Jassy. :tonguewink:

Yeah the passenger got a dunt in the kidneys from l don't know lol and l might have been a little conservative with the speed lol

Focus fits a certain kind of clientel....

Chavs.

Reactions: rasA4
Most people like the S3 on a test drive. For some, the crap starts after a few months. Others not at all :whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Most people like the S3 on a test drive. For some, the **** starts after a few months. Others not at all :whistle2:
Agreed. I liked it on the test drive and noticed and accepted the turbo lag at the time, but now after nearly a year of ownership, I can't stand it and am actually probably going to get rid like you by the sounds of your sig.

Glacier Hatch though, not Saloon. What are you looking at?

Thought about the new A4 avant. Just watching the growing list of niggles appear on the forum first. Always fancied an Audi and after having one the grass ain't greener. Sure its a nice place to sit but after a few months the build quality slides and the dealership back up is a little iffy.

Maybe the Avant will tempt me though. time will tell

I've still not experienced this super bounce, and I've gone out of my way to look for it, diverting along some fairly horrible twisty undulating country roads when visiting parents and friends who still live outside London. Even on roads I know to be undulating enough to seriously upset composure, the S3 has been no worse at keeping its feet on terra firma and its suspension off the bump stops than any of the other cars I've driven. It's certainly not the wild bucking bronco that I've read about so many times on this board.

What's the score here? Is this an issue that no longer exists? is it limited only to certain variants (like the S&Tonic Sportback for example)? or is it confined only to cars equipped with passive suspension rather than mag-ride?

Or, are you lot driving like a bunch of ham fisted lead footed simians and asking to much of the chassis and driving far to fast for the road conditions?

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Tobz28 and 1 other person
Saloon auto here. If you ask Audi, apparently it will be a characteristic of the car or something

Thats one of the things that really drew me to it! The focus rs and sti are amazing, but you cant go anywhere without being noticed, they scream attention the kind you do and don't want

Counting the seconds now until first launch in my pocket rocketship

I was wondering! Is there a break in period for the car? Ive been told/heard so many different things! My way of thinking is that after 500 miles or so you can drive it like you stole it once the engine is up to running temps? Its my first performance car so dont want to blow a turbo after 6months lol

My take on running in is don't believe any so called 'experts' on here, or even your salesman on handover. Read the handbook and follow the guidance therein. I somehow suspect that the vast resources of VAG's R&D team has a far better understanding in how the car is best run in. It's true to say correct running in is not as vital as it was in the past, also, anecdotally, the car may be slightly quicker if hammered straight out of the box. However I suspect proper running in is still important to maximise longevity and minimise the risk of early problems - but what do I know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daytonapig and KenL
Well in another way my 2013 ST3 Would run rings round my S3 in everyway barring taking away in the wet,again the S3 nearly bounced me off a B road this week l hit a undulating part of the road 75 mph the car bounced that high my head hit the roof and quite firmly.... The S3's handling at speed leaves a lot to be desired
You should've had your roof open jassy...You would be ok then....:whistle2:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Gordo77
I've had no issues. 2.5 years Sportback ownership and 35,000 covered.

Yes it's firm, but if you're concerned, go for mag ride which is MUCH better.

Turbo lag? Really very little...and you become accustomed to it very quickly.

It's a cost effective and superb all rounder, think refined GT rather than all out Sports Car.

Second one ordered.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
I've still not experienced this super bounce, and I've gone out of my way to look for it, diverting along some fairly horrible twisty undulating country roads when visiting parents and friends who still live outside London. Even on roads I know to be undulating enough to seriously upset composure, the S3 has been no worse at keeping its feet on terra firma and its suspension off the bump stops than any of the other cars I've driven. It's certainly not the wild bucking bronco that I've read about so many times on this board.

What's the score here? Is this an issue that no longer exists? is it limited only to certain variants (like the S&Tonic Sportback for example)? or is it confined only to cars equipped with passive suspension rather than mag-ride?

Or, are you lot driving like a bunch of ham fisted lead footed simians and asking to much of the chassis and driving far to fast for the road conditions?
You're welcome to come visit me and test drive mine if you have fully comp insurance. I can assure you this is fact, not fiction.

It is like being on a bouncy castle.

b9680f7ca941e6fc7317cb8e23ec0974.jpg

Need to get better pictures! But all I can say is, Im in love

Reactions: Terminator x, Migwire, RyanCudlip and 6 others
I've had no issues. 2.5 years Sportback ownership and 35,000 covered.

Yes it's firm, but if you're concerned, go for mag ride which is MUCH better.

Turbo lag? Really very little...and you become accustomed to it very quickly.

It's a cost effective and superb all rounder, think refined GT rather than all out Sports Car.

Second one ordered.
Strange how we all interpret the S3 handling and ride differently ? you find it firm....l don't not at all firm,combine the body roll with the floating feel...."at speed may l add" the S3 can get your heart beating that little bit faster when there no sense of feel to the steering and road, combine the bounce into that equation it can quite ****** scary...it's happened on a few occasions to me,so l know now not to give it some right foot on anything other than a straightish bit of tarmac.......yeah av not got magride the "bounce"wasn't really noted on this forum or it didn't come attention after a few weeks of ownership.... Each to there own l suppose Dan G...your first person l have known about that's jumping from one S3 to another?

You're welcome to come visit me and test drive mine if you have fully comp insurance. I can assure you this is fact, not fiction.

It is like being on a bouncy castle.

I think 4K, that someone with fully comp would only be covered 3rd party driving your car it's worth checking out in case you ever let someone drive your car thinking all's covered. Hence named drivers on policies.

I have an S3 and if you are looking to get an upgraded exhaust system i wouldnt waste your money. I removed the middle box and replaced it with a straight pipe. The sound of the car now is relentless. If somebody didnt know to much about cars they would think its an aventador flying past. If you want to tune it purchase a DTUK tuning box which has made a good difference.

I have an S3 and if you are looking to get an upgraded exhaust system i wouldnt waste your money. I removed the middle box and replaced it with a straight pipe. The sound of the car now is relentless. If somebody didnt know to much about cars they would think its an aventador flying past. If you want to tune it purchase a DTUK tuning box which has made a good difference.

Thanks for the heads up! After an hour playing around with the car before work Im more than happy with the new exhaust atm, im getting pops and bangs and the dsg pops are already getting on some neighbours nerves

As for breaking in! The senior technician said that aslong as I warm up the car the odd pull will help bed in the engine for the first 500-1000 miles, and to behonest itll be a while before I have the minerals to even try to use the car to its max

Last edited: