Facelift S3 Headlight bulbs??

leecs3

thinking about stuff
Reaction score
My main beam (xenon) bulb has blown grrr. The manual is no help at all, doesn't even say the type of bulb never mind how to replace them. Are the replacements very expensive? Type? Halfords stock them?

TIA.

It might not be the bulb - have you checked the fuse? Each side will have its own fuse. Alternatively it could be the ballast (i.e. the thing that ups the voltage to get the Xenon to work). Not sure if Audi will sell you these separately as they sometimes refuse to do so citing the high voltage and risk of electrocution if fitted incorrectly.

started working again. Hmmm, scratches head.

Mine intermittently stopped working. Ended up being a bad connection between the ballast pack lead and the bulb holder/bulb. Itr ended up melting both of these bits, resulting in me needing a new bulb and ballast pack.

Audi sell bulbs seperatley at around £90, but the ballast pack cant be bought seperatley, you need to buy a complete headlight unit. This costs £600 for a pre-facelift one. Luckily, and I still cant beleive it, my local dealer had a second hand pre-facelift LH unit which they ever so kindly gave me for free :)

This may not be your problem at all, but it worth having a look/sniff at the back of them....