Facelift S3 black edition grille colour

stubbly46

Reaction score
I’ve got a black edition front grille which is finished in a gloss metallic black and it’s Matt metallic in the area of the parking sensors, does anybody know what the colour code or colour name is, I need to paint some new sensors. TIA.

If you can leave the color as is you are probably better off. Any paint thickness will just make the sensor less sensitive to objects in front of it. I had the dealer replace one of mine and you could not tell one color from the other.

I’m changing from the grey grille to the black edition so my current sensors are the light grey. I’ve painted a vw golf sensor before and it didn’t make a noticeable difference to the sensitivity so may just paint my current ones with a light spray of satin black. There are numerous coloured ones available and was hoping there would have been a colour code to match the grille. Thanks.

for info for your paint man, they normally have a mask with an 18.2mm hole in it (some use cardboard, this will be an indicator for you)
PDC sensor paint spec

Thanks for the info, every day’s a school day. I’ll make sure to keep that area clear. I think I’m over thinking it and I’ll just give them a light coating and be done with it.
I’ve always lived by the phrase of ‘Quality is in the smallest detail’ and I guess it’s time to ease off from that

I think that you are right to pay attention to detail, I am lead to believe it is critical that the paint stops almost as the radius on the face ends, when I had mine done recently the sprayer just looked at me blank when I explained what I wanted and gave him the sketch, " ah we've done hundreds of these things and they have been ok" has anyone got the kit to actually if they are performing to spec????
If you do rub them down BE EXTRA CAREFUL!
You do right to pay attention to detail and give yourself the best chance - after all you could end up having the whole bumper cover sprayed if it goes wrong!!!