Facelift RS3 Sportback

larbel

Reaction score
With the new announcement, anyone else think that the FL S3 Sedan/Sportback looks better than FL RS3 Sedan/Sportback? Personally, I think the PFL RS3 is the best looking 8V so far...

But I guess we should at least be thankful that it didn't get the fake exhaust treatment as the new SQ5...

2017 Audi RS3 Sportback news 3

Reactions: SeoTFSI, jimojameso, MattSedg and 1 other person
Not sure if it's just the photo but it doesn't look very RS'y looks more like how the S3 should have looked rather than sharing the bumper with the normal A3!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Milnesafc and Mark_86
Don't see what all the fuss has been about with people asking will they,won't they release a new FL RS sport back going by that picture,but I'm sure they'll be a lot more to the new model than just a facelift.
I'm happy with my RS 8v and I'm pleased I bought it when I did.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Audi De just put this on their YouTube channel

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baldyone, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 1 other person
I like the Q car looks. In fact, I'd have mine in a subtler colour and no shouty quattro grille, too...

Navarra, Glacier or Daytona with Matt Alu or Black Optic pack for me. WANT!

Reactions: Baldyone, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 2 others
I'm going to try to spec this exactly as my S3 - but I doubt Navarra will be available as a 'standard' colour.

Would hope for slightly more muscular arches in reality.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
With the new announcement, anyone else think that the FL S3 Sedan/Sportback looks better than FL RS3 Sedan/Sportback? Personally, I think the PFL RS3 is the best looking 8V so far...

But I guess we should at least be thankful that it didn't get the fake exhaust treatment as the new SQ5...

View attachment 117062

Whats not to like mate

See one in the metal,and you will retract your statement instantly

You a happy chappy @jassyo06 ???

Holiday in March is cancelled l am afraid Darling......lol why....erm...erm...RS3.....LOL....l better get er indoors some perfume for Valentines...that should.....keep her simmering over until the summer...for a holiday lol,l have just got off the phone to Jordan they don't have a price just yet £45k l think,but l have been saving like mad for the last 14 months,Jordan told me last week about its launch in April...but like every Audi car you gotta see it to believe it...l am getting a wee bit excited if l am honest....lol

Reactions: Baldyone, Scottyg, Audi Bairn and 2 others
April.....for ordering

The worst bit is the waiting mate ... 6.5 months for mine !
So be prepared for Oct / Nov just in case it takes that long.
BUT ... they ARE worth the wait - no other car I would want right now and may even have to get another when I am ready to change.
The new one is 'tweaked' to perfection ... but it does sound like you're gonna need deep pockets to buy one - especially loaded with the right extras.
You still gonna go exclusive paint ?

Not sure if it's just the photo but it doesn't look very RS'y looks more like how the S3 should have looked rather than sharing the bumper with the normal A3!

The RS3 has less defined air intakes below the headlights...they are slightly more rounded in there design, than the sharper more angular S3's intakes,this is due to the fact the RS3's front bumper being wider to accommodate the wider front track/arches,to be honest, look through my posts the RS3 DOESNT...look any better at the front than the S3 facelift car

Last edited:
Would expect to see them ready for 67 plate

The worst bit is the waiting mate ... 6.5 months for mine !
So be prepared for Oct / Nov just in case it takes that long.
BUT ... they ARE worth the wait - no other car I would want right now and may even have to get another when I am ready to change.
The new one is 'tweaked' to perfection ... but it does sound like you're gonna need deep pockets to buy one - especially loaded with the right extras.
You still gonna go exclusive paint ?

Exclusive ???No VC...either...analogue dials for old jassy,just concentrate on options on the exterior,basically what l have just now,but who knows...Jordan can have it if l get bored with it or fed up paying for it lol like l am just now with this S3

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin
Exclusive ???No VC...either...analogue dials for old jassy,just concentrate on options on the exterior,basically what l have just now,but who knows...Jordan can have it if l get bored with it or fed up paying for it lol like l am just now with this S3

in which case I am guessing Ara blue then with Alu pack :)

Think I could turn this into a face lift!!!!
Ouch IMG 0223

Reactions: batch
Order books expected to open in the summer according to Audi Press Office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have imagined it but I'm sure I read somewhere VC was going to be standard, may have just been speculation though.

£45k won't get you much though, £5k minimum on options to get anything half decent looking/sounding

FL RS3 SB interior video -

Interior is virtually indistinguishable from the pre-facelift .... other than leather & alcantara reversed on the steering wheel & I think I spotted alcantara on the gear knob lol.

Oh plus virtual dash of course.

This is all about the lighter engine and improved Haldex.
Adding those together and it should improve how it drives.
If only Audi could breathe life into the steering.

Interior is so dated nowadays compared to the S4 or S5.
That's where my cash would be going if I was inclined to buy another Audi.

Whilst I agree the S4/S5 has a superior interior, the current RS3 has far from a bad interior. It's still way ahead of the Golf R and A45, for example. I do agree about the steering. It could be much better. And of course, the new, lighter engine is sure to be a peach.

Looks awesome in white with black wheels! Finally this is official and it's going to be amazing! How old does the front end look on old one now!

Looks awesome in white with black wheels! Finally this is official and it's going to be amazing! How old does the front end look on old one now!

Every car ages as will the facelift when the all new A3/S3/RS3 arrives late 2018

Reactions: Radman and Bristle Hound
Every car ages as will the facelift when the all new A3/S3/RS3 arrives late 2018

Totally agree I'm just talking about this new one now.

Reactions: TerryCTR
Outside of the VC and getting rid of alacantera on the wheel (have they..?), there is nothing that makes me throw it all in and change out mine for a facelift. In our current climate of cameras and unmarked cops all over the place, sadly the extra power from the lightened engine will be wasted on most of us!
I am interested though to see what the FL will do to our residual prices...

Reactions: Radman and Jassyo06