Facelift model

ton246

if in doubt flat out
Reaction score
Hi people, just put a deposit on a unregistered S3 what was in the dealers showroom, but after finding this site i have found audi are to introduce a facelift model this summer,which the dealer never mentioned,as i will be paying full book price.
Anybody know when the facelift model will be out exactly ? And would i be better waiting or try for a discount on the one in the showroom ?

Cheers T

Expect the new A3 on the road in early August, maybe abit later for the S3's. Ask yourself whether you prefer the new or old shape one and go for whichever one you prefer. If I was in your shoes I would be thinking along the lines of.

Old Shape-

-Not really much different from the new one except for the new lights and bonnet, but still it ll be branded forever as the older version
-Instant availability as its in the showroom, no wait time but you get what you are given.
-Lots of bargaining power as the new S3 is literally a couple months away, can press the price down by abit.

New Shape-

-'New' model so expect better residual value when you're selling it on
-Long waiting time but you can spec the model up as you prefer
-Dont expect much of a discount as it's 'new'
-Updated specification with more value added stuff added like armrest.

Can you back out of it?

Not necessarily because of the facelift, but paying full book price for an S3? There's discounts to be had.

Use the search function for facelift or go back through the last ten days of A3 posts and you should find all you need on the S3 and facelift.

Not sure if the S3 is included, but dont the new 2.0tfsi engines get chain drive?

Phoned dealer today to ask when the S3 facelift would be available,but he could'nt say only towards the end of the year and that there would be a price increase but he didnt know how much, would'nt offer any discount because he already has somebody else lined up for it if we dont want it, it is a stunning car and we were more than happy with it,chat with missus tonight to decide.

Well, i went into the dealership where i ordered my S3 back in March now and asked them what was going on. They checked the system and said that there was still no week build and it was still being scheduled. I said that i wasnt happy and wanted to know how long we will be talking so he phoned Audi Sales. The result was not good to say the least. He explained that i must have been unlucky and have been allocated an '09 model and not an '08 which means i am now looking at August, maybe later. Im now faced with a list of alternatives that are ready for me to take now but at a sacrafice of either some options or the colour. Its either stick with sprint blue and lose either BOSE or the buckets or i can have all the options i want but in an ibis white car.

Help me.

Rich

if your in the uk dont get an ibis! ;)

Seriously tho.. if I were gonna lose summat then I'd lose bose and get an aftermarket if I were that keen on better sounds.

if your in the uk dont get an ibis! ;)

Seriously tho.. if I were gonna lose summat then I'd lose bose and get an aftermarket if I were that keen on better sounds.

I think ive pretty much made up my mind and your not going to like the decision, lol. I dont want to sacrafice on the options when im spending that sort of money and lets face it i will spend most of my time looking at the inside. I was torn between blue and white the day i ordered and have thought ever since that i may have made the wrong decision so maybe this is gods way of telling me. Im going to call the dealer first thing and tell them that i want the white one.

Rich

Ask him to knock £500 off the price also as its a standard colour ;)

Already done that, first thing i thought about.

Thanks for the advice though.

Rich

Not sure if the S3 is included, but dont the new 2.0tfsi engines get chain drive?

:(
Since nobody is sharing, here's the link to vwvortex with pics of the new chain drive engine.
http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3829946
IMG_4564.jpg

Only thought the 1.8 TFSI is chain? Didn't think the 2.0 would be changed too? Surely quite a fundamental change to a critically acclaimed engine...?