Facelift missing Spare wheel and tyre woes

veltror

Reaction score
In March, i went from a 190 Diesel to a TFsi40 Petrol Avant Black edition. I got a very good deal on ite but I must admit I was a little irritated at some of the blatent cost cutting that took place. The missing Spare wheel was one of them, I figured I will buy one to keep in the garage. Since the start of the Zombie Apocalypse I have not done any long trips so I forgot about this...until Thursday.

The MMI complained about tyre pressure loss so a quick walk around showed a screw with washer... embedded int he tyre, losing air but not at an alarming rate, the car came with tyre insurance.. so Kwik Krap ordered the tyre for next day.. I turn up and lo and behold it is a different Pirelli the tyre fitter helpfully suggested its the same size so what the problem... They reorder the tyre and it gets fitted, This afternoon I see another MMI warning on another rear and lo and behold that has a gash in the sidewall....

I have searched through the threads and can see I need three/four parts
Bracket 8W0802715C
Nut 8W0803899
Wheel 8W0601027c

Does that look right? If anybody has done this could they cjeck that I am right? I have not managed to find a part number for the tool Tray that I will now need so any part number or model that I could accquire one from in a breakers would be gratefully appreciated. Two scrap tyres in less then 4000 miles...

Attachments

• tyre.jpeg
    tyre.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 219
Don't forget that the removal of the spare etc is not a cost measure it's emissions legislation
See also the 40 litre standard tank now
I speced the free big tank and boom smashed the emissions cap we have

It's all about the weight for the tests

Fitting a spare isn't too much of an issue.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

In March, i went from a 190 Diesel to a TFsi40 Petrol Avant Black edition. I got a very good deal on ite but I must admit I was a little irritated at some of the blatent cost cutting that took place. The missing Spare wheel was one of them, I figured I will buy one to keep in the garage. Since the start of the Zombie Apocalypse I have not done any long trips so I forgot about this...until Thursday.

The MMI complained about tyre pressure loss so a quick walk around showed a screw with washer... embedded int he tyre, losing air but not at an alarming rate, the car came with tyre insurance.. so Kwik Krap ordered the tyre for next day.. I turn up and lo and behold it is a different Pirelli the tyre fitter helpfully suggested its the same size so what the problem... They reorder the tyre and it gets fitted, This afternoon I see another MMI warning on another rear and lo and behold that has a gash in the sidewall....

Bracket 8W0802715C
Nut 8W0803899
Wheel 8W0601027c

Does that look right? If anybody has done this could they cjeck that I am right? I have not managed to find a part number for the tool Tray that I will now need so any part number or model that I could accquire one from in a breakers would be gratefully appreciated. Two scrap tyres in less then 4000 miles...

Bracket 8W0802715C
Nut 8W0803899
Wheel 8W0601027c

Hi

Bracket 8W0802715C
Nut 8W0803899
Wheel 8W0601027c

Hi Veltror. I've just joined and have been looking to install a space-saver spare wheel in my 2019 A4 Avant (B9). Here is the part number for the polystyrene/foam tool tray: 8W0012100E it comes with tools too! Got mine from Ebay "Bargainhunter 3210" for £54.99 & bought a brand new wheel from "dalin_7124", again from Ebay cost £139. I still do not have the bracket, and, I believe, I will need a plastic tray cover, part number 8W0012116B. I would appreciate any further comments from members to confirm all parts needed to complete the job!
Regards,
Chris

On the BE saloon, is the spare wheel well filled the the sub woofer?