Facelift LED DRL headlights

dexx913

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been mooching around here for a while ive got a sepang blue audi a3 s line ive been looking everywhere for some of the LED DRL headlights to fit the facelift model 2010

Does anyone have any idea where I can source some!!

Thanks Dec

Hi.

Are you aware that's it's not just a case of getting the headlights? You'll need the self levelling system, ballasts and a new front bumper with headlight washers as you can't run Xenon's without headlight washers in the UK.

I am aware of this however I thought the levelling system would be on the vehicle as standard ? but a friend of mine is a mechanic and MOt's my vehicles he did say it would still be able to pass? without the washers?
Is this correct or not?

Thanks for your help!

I am aware of this however I thought the levelling system would be on the vehicle as standard ? but a friend of mine is a mechanic and MOt's my vehicles he did say it would still be able to pass? without the washers?
Is this correct or not?

Thanks for your help!
AFAIK if it doesn't have washers fitted then they will still pass, it's only if washers are fitted any not working is when they fail.

Your mate is a MOT chap and your asking us if it's ok!!!

Reactions: NHN
If the headlights are marked HID then they should look for the headlight levelling & washers, oem headlights are marked HID, well mine are anyway.

iv just got some facelift head lights with DRL LED and the car they came from didnt have washers but also didnt have Xenon's either, so do they need levelers also ?

They must have been retrofitted, factory fitted lights always have them systems fitted, its a legal requirement by manufacturers.

Officially yes levelling & washers, what you fit is your risk of course, testers seem to interpret the requirements differently, but if it fails you'll be stuck of the road until its sorted.

so you need washers and levelers for just LED DRLs ? excuse my ignorance im still learning with all this new car stuff im a mk1 golf man :)

For the oem led drl bixenons headlights, officially yes they must be fitted.

hmmm they must or been retro fit then, thanks for your reply pal

iv just got some facelift head lights with DRL LED and the car they came from didnt have washers but also didnt have Xenon's either, so do they need levelers also ?

Only a few cars with Bixenon come from factory without washers & auto-leveling being legal.

They use the new D5 & D6 bulbs with 2000 Lm.

Anything over 2000Lm (D1S, D2S, D3S, D4S) must have the headlight washer & Auto-leveling system.