Facelift headlight wiring looms

Sir Chumpalot

Reaction score
I wondered if someone could please help. I need to know the part number for the above. Have spent ages on Google and on here trying to find it but to no avail. When I ring Audi I tell them my reg and of course it being pre-facelift they get all confused when I tell them I'm after a facelift part!!

Cheers

Dave

I've seen that, it's a tad expensive to be honest. All I need are the plugs, not the whole loom itself.

You cant buy the loom on its own as its part of the main car harness.

You might be able to buy the plugs from audi, along with the pins and make up the connector, but you'll need the correct crimping tools etc.

I would check out a few breakers and suchlike first, before trying to make them up from scratch. I would imagine A6's and probably A3's and things will have the same plugs.

You cant buy the loom on its own as its part of the main car harness.

You might be able to buy the plugs from audi, along with the pins and make up the connector, but you'll need the correct crimping tools etc.

I would check out a few breakers and suchlike first, before trying to make them up from scratch. I would imagine A6's and probably A3's and things will have the same plugs.

I built my own, a bit fidley and there's an article on Audi world .com that's quite helpfull re. wire colours but tbh you can probably work it out yourself.

I'd have gone the adapters on ebay, I tried to get some from a scrapy but had no joy over about 3 months.

try ebay breakers?

Might be an idea to get someone with and A3 or A6/A8 to compare their wiring loom plugs to see if its the same. If so you can widen your scope a little.

On A4's everyone wants the plugs for the conversion, but if the same plugs are used on an A3 or A6 every breaking car will most likely still have them on it.

Jam a post over on the A3 and A6/8 forums and see if you can compare the plugs

Aye, it's actually the same part number for the round and the D shape. If you do go to Audi for it make sure you get one for the facelift cars.... the wires can be bought too, they're double ended so you'll only need 8...

Thank you all for the help. I'll give Audi a call tomorrow and see how much they want :(

Mate, It's really not that expensive! That's why I just decided to it my self.... a bit of satisfaction in that too. :O) I think 2xD plugs 8xdouble ended wires and a wee pack of mechanical in line wire connectors all come to £25...

Right, have sourced the plugs, now I just need some wiring. What sort am I after? Does it have to be of a particular quality/gauge?

Getting there... sloooowly.

Yup. The wires I got from audi are yellow, (all yellow, not colour coded *eek*!) and have the correct connectors on the end for the new facelift lamps. Plug at each end, chop in half = two wires with plugs!
I'll see if I can find a part number but I seriously doubt it, not that kind of item.

I'm not sure if I've purchased just the plug housing itself, or anything more? When you say the wires have plugs on the end, do you mean pins? You then thread these into the plug and that's it.

Aye sorry! Pins... the thread into said plugs... yes! Sorry. I''ll try to get a picture.

:banghead:
picture.php

picture.php

I also reused the original rubber boots. I had to make extra space due to the different shape the wires go into the plug. Not a lot of help but at least lets you see what my finished project looked like.... and yes. I always have intended on wrapping the cables!:banghead:

Right, having sourced the plugs, where is my best place for some wires? Should I just call Audi and explain the problem to them hoping they'll send the right ones? Or can I make them up myself?

aye, diesel might have the part number kicking around from when he did is, if not then give the parts dept a call and see what they can do.

Might be an idea for you to post the part numbers of the two parts once you get it sorted yourself for future reference.

I most certainly will do. This has proven to be a bit of a ballache to be honest but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

dieselfitter - if you have the part numbers for the wires that would be great, would save me a lot of hassle. The Audi staff near me don't seem to be the brightest.

Cheers

Dave

aye, diesel might have the part number kicking around from when he did is, if not then give the parts dept a call and see what they can do.

Might be an idea for you to post the part numbers of the two parts once you get it sorted yourself for future reference.

I'll have a look too.