Facelift Front Bumpers

_GRP_

Q3 S-Line
Reaction score
More questions guys.

I've got a 8P2 06 S-Line Sportback, with this version of front bumper.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1538088/front-bumper.jpg

Can anyone tell me what year the front bumper was updated?
Are all FaceLift front bumpers the same SE/Sport/S-line with the S3 version only being different?
Will a 3 door Front Bumper Fit a 5 door Sportback?

Sorry for the questions, but wanting to convert my front end to the newer style
and I'm unser the impression, all I'd need to change is the bumper itself and fog light surrounds
and grill (if updating to the S3 bumper).

S3 bumpers seem rare as anything 2nd hand, so may have to go for SE/Sport/S-line if they are all the same? Would S3 Fog Light Surrounds/Grills fit the SE/Sport/S-line bumpers?

I have searched the forums, so appologies if these questions have been asked before.
Thanks George

It was updated mid to late 2008.

Standard, S-line and S3 all have different bumpers.

Standard:
mediaid952481760.jpg

S-line:
mediaid956428374.jpg

S3:
mediaid960555017.jpg

To convert to a facelift 8P3 you will need to change pretty much your whole front end, including wings.
Its pretty major.

Aythree, just found the thread you got those images from.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/76906-8p1-8p2-8p3.html

So based on what your saying an 8P3 Front end is actually a much bigger job then I thought, needing bonnet/wings etc,
but a 8P2 S3 front bumper as per the link above would be a straight swap? Wonder how much these are from the stealers....

Look forward to someone confirming.
George

Last edited:
So based on what your saying an 8P3 Front end is actually a much bigger job then I thought, needing bonnet/wings etc,
but a 8P2 S3 front bumper as per the link above would be a straight swap? Wonder how much these are from the stealers....

Look forward to someone confirming.
George

I costed up the 8P2 S3 bumper from Stoke Audi last month and it was £292.08 inc VAT

HTH

Mike

wouldnt an S3 bumper look a bit daft without S3 sideskirts and rear bumper? or do they look ok?

Seller's user name say's it all lol

Lol when ever i see the conversions or replica sales i wait for the magic "cat d" LOL

:lmfao:

It does look like it still has the 8P1/8P2 wings on it though?! :think:

Tis true, unless they bodged it but the wings look like they are fitted fine. By bodge they may have bought the upgraded wings but not bothered with moving the indicators to the mirrors so they cut a hole and plonked the indicator into the wing?

wouldnt an S3 bumper look a bit daft without S3 sideskirts and rear bumper? or do they look ok?

Good question....has anyone actually put an S3 bumper on their A3 and NOT done the sides or rear?? Pics??

Good question....has anyone actually put an S3 bumper on their A3 and NOT done the sides or rear?? Pics??

Well I plan to do the rear also, as I just need the lower part of the bumper and defuser.
Saw a thread in the week regarding the side skirts saying audi charge £1000, which seems crazy as the bumper is only £292.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/118489-s3-side-skirts.html

What are the Votex Skirts like, seen these cheap, but told they won't fit my s-line?
George