Facelift front bumper and lights

Markb

Reaction score
I know the facelift head lights are one piece rather then having seperate indicators, but what's the difference between the pre facelift front and facelift front bumper? Is it just the fogs?

Also are there any other differences other then the rear lights?

Finally if there isn't much difference what after market front should I go for? and how much are facelift front lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers.

Bumper is a very slightly different shape to accomodate the new shape of the facelift lights.

You can fit fogs to your car, you just get the kit from VAG Parts, so no difference there.

Yup, rear lights are different.

Side indicator repeaters are larger.

Different front wing and inner front wing (again for new shape lights)

Also door handles changed to the rounded tpye and different centre console to make way for sat-nav etc.

Maybe some others that I've forgotten.

So will a body shop be able to fit the front head lights fitted to my motor?

Also what about the head light washers can they be fitted?

See my post on your other thread about the lights.

But basically, if you find the right bodyshop, they can do all these mods for you. It just might cost you extra and I wouldn't have thought the insurance would pay up for these "extra bits".

MarkB i think the lights r around £300 brand new. Look around u may pick som up cheaper

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I think one piece lights are xenons?

If that is the case then there are the legal aspects to fitting them. You need the headlight washers (which you mention) and also the self leveling system which mounts to the chassis etc.

This will involve more work, but its required for the MOT.

Are there facelift non-xenons available anyone??

If you want a xenon kit to go in the facelift housings, then give me a shout. Will soon be selling Xenon bulb replacements (i.e fit H1,H4,H7 housings like regular bubls, but are proper HID xenons). I have a set on my A3 and they are fantastic. Been driving with them for over a week now, and i am yet to be flashed or anything for blinding people, and have gone past numberous ploice cars with no problems. They took me all of about 30 minutes to fit and come MOT time, you can swap back to regular bulbs in about 5 minutes...that simple!

xenon1.jpg

xenon2.jpg

xenon3.jpg

Its the same as the VAG Parts one... but i didnt get it from VAG Parts. its the H7 kit, but can get H7 and H1. Not at liberty to say how much i paid, but shall we say its was at an EXTREMELY heavily discounted price due to a business deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I will be sorting out kits in the next few weeks to sell so if your interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Rich

btw, they are the 6000k model. Emit a lovely blue/white light!

Rich

Cheers Rich.

So how much are we looking at for a bumper like yours?

Might ugrade it while I am at it.

About £270 shipped (and wait for f****ng ages for it!!!) then i paid £270 to have the sills and the bumper sprayed.

Rieger do a similar bumper available at www.venommotorsport.com for £299 including vat and available in the Uk. probably a better bet!

Rich

plus i had to buy a S3 grille @ £40, and washer covers at £10.

Rich

Rich, Do you have a plan to change sidelight bulb? If so, what sort of the bulb that you are looking for. I also have plan to upgrade my post facelift healight to xenon (H1). I am still thinking should I change sidelight bulb (for dipped beam) also.

Any opinion is highly appreciated.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nick

So how much wider is the S3 front bumper?

Could I get a body shop to fit it with some work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
RichA3Turbo

What sills have you got then?

I only really want upgrade the front bumper.

[/ QUOTE ]

None. Just the sill thats already there. Looks a million times better with it painted!

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
So how much wider is the S3 front bumper?

Could I get a body shop to fit it with some work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot! and to be honest, its nothing special and would be a wast of money IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Finally where is the best place to purchase these parts?

[/ QUOTE ]

ALL standard parts are best purchased from www.vagparts.com

Rich

Right thats it!!!!!

I'm deffo painting mine now. Even the rear bumper looks loads better when painted.

I was worried that it might be too much colour, but yours looks fine.

It all looks so much tidier when its painted! Dont know why they didnt do it on the first place!

Rich

The bodyshop did mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The rubber/flexible sil trim piece on the door.. open the door and at the front inside you see a screw.. remove that and APPARENTLY they slide off! god knows about the rest of them. They've done a perfect job of it though! they did mine with flexible paint so it doesnt crack when its flexed, and it works (i kinda tried just to make sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif)

The rest was done on the car!

Rich

Which bodyshop did the work for you?

£270 is very good for the work. Was this "mates rates" If not, then I'd certainly want to get mine done there.

It was kinda mates rates! Not sure what sort of discount i got. Its Peter Oliver car body repair in Long Hanborough

Rich

That's it I've decided I want facelift front lights.

Don't know about front bumper. Suggestions please?

Also I am going to have the skirts and rear bumper sprayed while I am at it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Call me thick, but where are the facelift front lights on http://www.vagparts.com ?

I can see fogs and rears, but nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call or email them as a lot of their stuff is not on the site.

Call them.

If i recall correctly, they are in the region of £150+vat each.

Rich

The new bumper is a fair bit lower than the standard one...exact figures im not sure of, but this one would be real easy to ground. Im being SOO careful with it.

Rich

ps - Everyone except 4 got theirs today! Not bad considering that none were supposed to go til next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
The new bumper is a fair bit lower than the standard one...exact figures im not sure of, but this one would be real easy to ground. Im being SOO careful with it.

Rich

thats out the window then i was thinking of getting one to go with a fmic i have to go over 19 speed humps on the way to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ps - Everyone except 4 got theirs today! Not bad considering that none were supposed to go til next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
will fit mine tomorrow if my oil filter turns up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hmm not sure whether it will look right all colour coded. I think I'll have to 'shop my car and see what it looks like. As I quite like the black and yellow.

So how much am I looking for a facelift front bumper and lights from a scrap yard?

That's if any are ever available?

Cheers.