Facelift Facelift Damaged sportback car on collection day!!

gutted wouldn't quite be the word id be looking for...
Yes, it's probably a little beyond the capabilities of most paintless dent guys.

Reactions: well_cool and MattSedg
That happened to a lot of people. About 15 years ago the car transporter MV Tricolor hit another ship in the English Channel. Just under 3000 new Saabs, Beemers and Mercs (and a few others) were written off. Many were sliced in half when the salvage crews used a a wire saw to chop the ship into more manageable pieces.
View attachment 119075

There was another transporter full of new Mazda's that took on a bit of list when delivering to the US. Most of the cars were fine, they were chained down after all, but Mazda ensured every single one was shredded, so not a single nut or bolt would make it out into the marketplace and damage its reputation.
There's an awful lot of mullered S80s in there too, I'm a bit partial to them.

Reactions: AudiNutta and GSB
But, it's not a new car is it? It'll always be a repaired car. Me? I'd walk away, but if you're happy at least get some significant compensation.

Your's might of had a few repairs before you've seen it. The only difference is you know nowt about it. Who knows?
If you can't see it after the repair, whats the problem.

Reactions: richinsoton and azibux1
Paintless dent removal was developed for the assembly line way back in the 1930s, so a lot of cars have possibly had some dents removed before they have even left the factory. As long as they can access the back of the panel they will be able to remove the dent and make the panel as good as new.

Reactions: richinsoton, batch, azibux1 and 1 other person
I picked up my new build sport back middle of January this year.
Had a good hand over.
Week later noticed some scratches on the centre console near the handbreak button.
Only saw them in the right ligh as didn't notice them before.
Thought I might have done them,but couldn't have.
Got the car detailed before getting picked up,so contacted detailer to ask him.
He said he saw them and let the guy I'm dealing with at Audi know.
So at hand over the guy knew they where there but didn't bother to tell me,had to find them my self.So if I hadn't of seen them he wouldn't have told me.
Any way told him and it's like oh I didn't see it,but when I said detailer told me he told you they were there.He was like oh yeah he told me but I didn't have a look.
Any way said it wasn't on and felt I was lied to and totally let down at hand over.
They said they would replace it,I said I want more than that,I want first service done for emotional turmoil lol.
So got it replaced,and nothing was said bout compensation,think there hoping I forget.
But still got pics and messages.
Hope you get yours sorted fella.

If it needs paint I'd want another car tbh. Painted anywhere except the production line always ends up terrible.

Sorry guys I do not agree.
I had this same problem on 1st March last year ( S3 saloon).

About a week before I had a call from the sales guy. Very apologetic but the car had a broken roof arial and a slight crease in the roof.
AARRGGGHHHH !
However, I went to see/discuss with them. They had already ordered a new one ( showed me the factory order) but the car had gone to a body shop they use for R8s (not the 'usual' body shop ! Interesting!). If I was unhappy with it then the 'new' car would be in after apprx 8 weeks.

After a couple of days I agreed to wait and see the 'repair' after I spoke with the bodyshop and went to see them .They explained exactly what they were doing.
I eventually took the car ( on 2nd Match) - it was superb and my Detailer ( who had been put on hold,) has told me that he considered they had excelled, he knew what had happened but could see no signs of the repair. He also said that a surprising number of new cars have some small damage - most people never hear/are told about it.

Reactions: Tom.H and batch
A quick update received call from salesman this morning my car was ready to collect, drove over and thoroughly inspected door and Rest of car and there is no sign of any dent or damage have checked in all sorts of lights and angles and no marks anywhere, very happy with outcome so finally sitting on my drive, would like to thank everyone for there views and help

Reactions: ruairi83, Jassyo06, RAF_S7 and 5 others
A quick update received call from salesman this morning my car was ready to collect, drove over and thoroughly inspected door and Rest of car and there is no sign of any dent or damage have checked in all sorts of lights and angles and no marks anywhere, very happy with outcome so finally sitting on my drive, would like to thank everyone for there views and help

Excellent! Congrats on the new car!

Would of been intrigued if you had taken others approach and gone in kicking an screaming shouting for hundreds of pounds worth of compensation for a mistake, which in all likelihood was no fault of the dealership, and could be rectified in a few hours for about £65....

Somehow I think your relationship with the dealer might of soured just a bit...

Reactions: richinsoton, 659tucker and azibux1
Thanks, salesman was great all way throughout. He made sure I was happy and then run through the handover with me then the main manager of site came over very opologetic with some flowers and a bottle of champers for us, now to get my head round all the new gadgets

Reactions: DrEskimo
Always best to give the benefit of the doubt if they're accommodating to start off with, then you can think of complaining if it's not dealt with satisfactorily.

Always a case of waiting to see how they deal with the mistake rather than kicking off before they have a chance to sort - as you did this time.

Glad it's all sorted for you.

Reactions: Jassyo06, richinsoton and 659tucker
No
Always best to give the benefit of the doubt if they're accommodating to start off with, then you can think of complaining if it's not dealt with satisfactorily.

Always a case of waiting to see how they deal with the mistake rather than kicking off before they have a chance to sort - as you did this time.

Glad it's all sorted for you.

If the dealer said to me when I picked the car up that there was marks near the handbreak button,I would have said ok as long as you replace it no problem.
But not to say anything and know bout it when I was sitting in the car next to him and next to the marks.And kinda like hoping I wouldn't notice them,is not right in my book.
The only reason I'm looking for compensating is that he deviced me and ruined a new car hand over.
Tucker glad it's all sorted for you mate.

Reactions: 659tucker
No

If the dealer said to me when I picked the car up that there was marks near the handbreak button,I would have said ok as long as you replace it no problem.
But not to say anything and know bout it when I was sitting in the car next to him and next to the marks.And kinda like hoping I wouldn't notice them,is not right in my book.
The only reason I'm looking for compensating is that he deviced me and ruined a new car hand over.
Tucker glad it's all sorted for you mate.

My comment was aimed at the OP

Reactions: Mark_86 and Jassyo06
The S3 Saloon is actually my wife's but Dealer offered ME the Audi Experience day :smiley:
Well it would have been rude and ungrateful not to accept - and wife said she was not at all interested ....

I am glad that your car was repaired to where it is impossible to see the original damage. I am still at a loss to understand why so many on this thread were demanding compensation, outright rejection, etc. Yes, I would have been disappointed in the dealer not noticing this prior to delivery, but mistakes are made. As some have pointed out, it is common for vehicles to arrive at the dealership with body defects due to transport damage and these are repaired prior to delivery to the customer or the dealer's vehicle stock.
Professional body shops can do incredible colour matching jobs even on difficult paint finishes, such as pearl and crystal effect. Blending paint into surrounding body panels is a true art form. Dent pullers are another "black magic" source of repair.
The OP was fortunate to have noticed the body fault and as he stated it was only apparent when viewed at a specific angle and this is why you should view your car at all angles prior to acceptance of the vehicle.
Again, I just want to state, why is it that some people demand all sorts of freebies and slam dealerships/manufacturers, which I have read in recent threads on this forum, without letting them resolve the issues to your satisfaction. If they do not, then take it to social media but not before they have had a chance to look into the issues and their resolutions, which in some cases may well offer full compensation, new vehicle, etc.

Reactions: GSB, 659tucker, Ormesome and 1 other person
Local VW dealer ( Martins Camberley used to be Whites/Colbornes and they were also Audi - spent far too much money there ! ) Has an OPEN weekend. Went along to see.
The site has been totally rebuilt, very much better.
Two Golf Rs in showroom ,black and white.
Black one had a SOLD note on it with the sales guy's name and the purchaser's.
Noticed two scratches on the drivers side rear door !!
Mentioned it to a young reception fella..... went over with him and showed him ( not that he really needed showing I'd spotted them straight away when I looked at that side!)
:concern:
I mean it's in the showroom, by a window and with the lights on it....:frown new:

Dontcha love how some issues escalate way off the mark on car forums...but hey mate yer a happy chappy now...alls well that ends well, enjoy

Reactions: 659tucker