Facelift Climate control Unit

Zorty

Reaction score
Hi All

i have just installed a DD cage into my A3 (with great pain stacking time) end results excellent, with the cage i bought the facelift HVAC (Cliamte module) and was looking on here that the air con dont work. am not bothered about the air con as this country dont have temp over 20 anyway apart from the air con will it cause any issues with my car.

thanks in advance guys and gals :)

the fans will stop blowing from the dash eventually in auto mode, due to a different cam system

Take the front panel off the facelift version and fit onto your existing module. You only need the plastic bit to fit snugly in the new position.

If you then fit the single din front panel to the facelift one you can sell that as a facelift single din climate control unit !!!

u make it sound so easy lol

have you done this mod

You cant just swap the parts over, its not that simple, plus the econ/ac buttons are reversed so would appear wrong.

As Phil states, its not the aircon as such, just in general the motors & air direction thats disrupted & this is only noticed when you chnage the settings on the climate so would appear normal to most until a change of direction.

u make it sound so easy lol

have you done this mod

I've taken the front off a double din 2007 unit and put it on a single din 2006 unit. Donor double din was from a 1.9 tdi and mine is a 2.0 tdi. When I first swapped the whole unit over all the airflow systems were wrong. Seemed like the logical thing to do !

You cant just swap the parts over, its not that simple, plus the econ/ac buttons are reversed so would appear wrong.

As Phil states, its not the aircon as such, just in general the motors & air direction thats disrupted & this is only noticed when you chnage the settings on the climate so would appear normal to most until a change of direction.

Whoops !!! Maybe not possible with the facelift then - sorry chaps !

You can do this on units that use the same heater type systems, but not mix//match between, although someone figured out how to swap the dials across with some plastic modding.

as nigel states, ive been staring at a prefacelift looking into bits to transplant the facias but its not only a pia it involves quie a few hours of soldering im going to give it a miss

thanks chaps. so its more then just a air con issue then o well :( al wack it on ebay.

what can i use to trim down my old climate unit to fit double din...

Thanks Ash :) will have to do it sometime this week lol.

first i need to cut down my climate unit. is there anyone in the yorkshire area that has done this before who is willing to do mine.

will pay or buy u lunch in McDonalds and Mcflurry for Dessert hahaha :)

Last edited: