Facelift Facelift B9

Wasn't this whole issue a result of the greed and lies of car manufacturers, by providing unattainable mpg/co2 figures?
Grace period or not, it's left to us, the customers to bear the inconvenience of this action. Fines mean nothing to multi-billion, multi-national companies. I know this affects all manufacturers, not just VAG, but the lack of information from the company is appalling. These are premium products, with price tags to match, however, we are not getting the customer experience to match.
I've had a drink before posting - which is never a good thing, but I am furious, absolutely ******* furious.

Reactions: Jsmills
I’d like that twice if I could... :icon thumright:

Well said

Reactions: DaveW
Wasn't this whole issue a result of the greed and lies of car manufacturers, by providing unattainable mpg/co2 figures?
Grace period or not, it's left to us, the customers to bear the inconvenience of this action. Fines mean nothing to multi-billion, multi-national companies. I know this affects all manufacturers, not just VAG, but the lack of information from the company is appalling. These are premium products, with price tags to match, however, we are not getting the customer experience to match.
I've had a drink before posting - which is never a good thing, but I am furious, absolutely ******* furious.
You still buying one then or voting with your feet?

Reactions: NevMan
I'm going to book myself into another Audi dealers new car event. I they're trying to get rid of pre-WLTP stock before the end of August.
I've emailed my own dealer about this SOP date of 5th November, to see if he has heard anything. I'll ask him to check what else is available in the group, that I could possibly go for.

I also had an email from my local Listers Audi saying they had stock to shift before August. Might be worth taking a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this morning the drink has worn off, or you've a massive hangover. You have been treated very poorly by Audi having ordered your car back in April, if I am correct. It is rare for this to happen thus I'm thinking, if you've not done this already, a formal letter to Audi CS or even the chairman or MD, expressing your disgust at this treatment and focus your frustration at them..
As for false MPG figures, well never had a problem here...
20171019 102948 1600x1200

Hopefully this morning the drink has worn off, or you've a massive hangover. You have been treated very poorly by Audi having ordered your car back in April, if I am correct. It is rare for this to happen thus I'm thinking, if you've not done this already, a formal letter to Audi CS or even the chairman or MD, expressing your disgust at this treatment and focus your frustration at them..
As for false MPG figures, well never had a problem here...
View attachment 159782

That is well said, and some seriously impressive mpg figures

That is well said, and some seriously impressive mpg figures

Hmm, but then that is only 5min of driving 2 miles at 27mph so no wonder

Reactions: tickedon and Daggerit
Hmm, but then that is only 5min of driving 2 miles at 27mph so no wonder
Yes just a test to show that the manufacturers figures can be beaten, but under conditions that aren't really reflective of the way most owners drive their cars. Meant to be tongue in cheek really...

Audi CS have now confirmed the 5th November as production start date for 150ps TFSI engines :rage:

Audi CS have now confirmed the 5th November as production start date for 150ps TFSI engines :rage:
Hi Dave, that's some wait ! (shocking) , I am trying to find out the dates for the 190ps TDI variants, as my dealer has said it would be a September delivery, but its all guess-timates at the moment from him..

Hi Dave, that's some wait ! (shocking) , I am trying to find out the dates for the 190ps TDI variants, as my dealer has said it would be a September delivery, but its all guess-timates at the moment from him..
I know, hope you have better luck.
My dealer emailed me yesterday and he's found a Black Edition Avant within their group that's already here. So waiting for some details for that or possibly see if I can get a Q5 instead.

Reactions: Hambee1234
Turns out the A4 in stock was a 252PS Quattro, out of my price range unfortunately.
Back to square zero....

It seems like no facelifts will be built until at least BW35. Not looking good for Audi
Apparently Audi employees received information on their intranet yesterday. I’ve translated this for a German website.

The changeover to the new WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure) cycle is currently causing problems for almost the entire German car industry. The mandatory test procedure from 1 September should more realistically determine the consumption and emission values of new vehicles. However, the certification of cars according to WLTP is extremely complex: both the manufacturers and the authorities are currently hardly behind. Corresponding test bench capacities are currently in short supply.

After Volkswagen had announced a few weeks ago that the bands are down for days due to the WLTP problems after the plant holidays, the sister company Audi also announced yesterday first measures: So are the four-week plant holidays at the Ingolstadt site (30 July to 24. August) on the B-lines - where the A4 and the A5 are produced - extended by another two weeks. The employees were informed in a message on the Audi intranet.

It also states that from 6 to 31 August, one shift on the A-Line (A3 and Q2) will be canceled. According to information from our newspaper alternately late and night shift are to be deleted. In addition, there will be "sporadic" production-free days on the B lines in September, with individual shifts eliminated. Also in the areas upstream of the production - such as press shop, paint shop, body shop and module production - it could come to "deviant ways of driving". In total, the measures affected around 18,000 employees at the Ingolstadt plant.

The additional days off should be balanced in relation to employees' working time accounts and company time credits. That would have agreed company and works council. "The consequences of the WLTP conversion must not be carried out alone on the backs of the workforce," said the deputy chairman of the works council of the Ingolstadt plant, Rita Beck, in the statement. They have now agreed with the company on a solution "in the interests of the employees".

More detailed information should probably get the Audians then tomorrow at the works meeting.

Comment by Sebastian Oppenheimer

Expensive standstill
There were already better times for Audi: The diesel scandal has clearly scratched the image of the brand with the four rings. When then three weeks ago in the wake of the exhaust gas affair company boss Rupert Stadler was taken into custody due to blackout risk, reached the Ingolstadt car maker in public perception a new low point. But: The negative news do not want to break off. Yesterday, Audi announced the consequences of switching to the WLTP exhaust test cycle for the production team in Ingolstadt: Among other things, the factory holidays on the B-lines will be extended by two weeks, on the A-line a shift will be canceled for weeks.
This is of course annoying, especially for all Audians who have already taken their vacation for this year - they then make with the forced break then strong minus hours.

Particularly dreaded are such stoppages in the production of the employees of the night shift. They earn significantly more than the colleagues of the day shift - and not infrequently have to pay accordingly lush loans for a house. According to rumors, hard work was fought between the works council and the company over the night shifts. In the end, there was apparently a compromise: late and night shift on the A-line account for the change. Although this is good for the night shifters - the company is likely to end up expensive in the end. Because: half of the time in which the tapes are stopped, paid Audi, so to speak. In other words: If you have a 35-hour week, you will be credited 3.5 hours for each day you miss your outage.

The bad news: The WLTP problem should occupy the carmaker even longer. Currently, there is a search for large parking areas for vehicles manufactured according to WLTP specifications, but not yet finally certified. And that many Audis just can not order and probably the delivery times will grow significantly, should also leave financial mark.

Yes just a test to show that the manufacturers figures can be beaten, but under conditions that aren't really reflective of the way most owners drive their cars. Meant to be tongue in cheek really...

As was my comment, tongue in cheek

Reactions: cuke2u
As said on the WLTP thread earliest facelift is week 39 and that's only for the 3.0tdi Quattro. I got a spreadsheet yesterday from the dealer

Reactions: f1nny
Build weeks

Attachments

• A4 Build Weeks.pdf
    228.7 KB · Views: 1,400
Reactions: Hambee1234 and f1nny
Just registered to comment really, I ordered through my company car scheme an Avant S-Line tdi 150 on the 15th Feb. I dont know how long the lease firm sat on the order though. I have been chasing for a while and I dont really get anywhere as I have no information on the order.

As of today the response is:

The A4 was given a provisional build week by the factory for October but this has since been removed and is now pending again (along with many other orders). Sorry it’s not better news.

I anticipate it to be re-allocated a slot once the Model Year19 opens, however we do not have a clear date as to when this will happen.

I had only ordered a Daytona Grey with No options, so thought it might have been an easy build!

I presume now this will be a Facelift, would like to see the wheels though, and maybe the blue in person to see if I change my mind.

Build weeks
Cheers for this Dave , I am getting more info from you guys then I am from the dealer...
Looks like week 40 for mine, A4 BE 190ps TDI stronic, (Engine code 8W2BFG.. which solves an earlier question now I have read the pdf you attached)

Any one know when the new A6 is available to order as this time line is shocking.. and if it aligns with the new C8/A6 I may consider this, as it was an option on the company car list. ?

BW 45 (or SOP rather) for mine - A4 Saloon BE 15 ps (8W2BPC), so mid Dec earliest for delivery. (I ordered end of April)

I've not been told anything from the dealer apart from a few weeks ago saying build dates will be out shortly.

I wonder if changing to s-tronic (SOP41) would mean I'd get it earlier or would just join the back of another queue.

Last edited:
BW 45 (or SOP rather) for mine - A4 Saloon BE 15 ps (8W2BPC), so mid Dec earliest for delivery.

I've not been told anything from the dealer apart from a few weeks ago saying build dates will be out shortly.

I wonder if changing to s-tronic (SOP41) would mean I'd get it earlier or would just join the back of another queue.

I asked two things this morning to my dealer - can i swap to an auto and could I add BnO sound. Both would mean my current deal would be void (lose price) and I would have to 'sign up' again and go the back of the queue. The only thing I can do without impacting anything is change to another free of charge colour.
I am on a lease though so might work differently for PCP etc.

I asked two things this morning to my dealer - can i swap to an auto and could I add BnO sound. Both would mean my current deal would be void (lose price) and I would have to 'sign up' again and go the back of the queue. The only thing I can do without impacting anything is change to another free of charge colour.
I am on a lease though so might work differently for PCP etc.

Thanks for the info, yeah, lease here too.... existing lease finishes mid Oct. So it's cancel or wait basically. I just can't find any other decent deals.

BW 45 (or SOP rather) for mine - A4 Saloon BE 15 ps (8W2BPC), so mid Dec earliest for delivery. (I ordered end of April)

Was thinking about S-tronic myself, but would take over the 40k threshold.

This bunch of tea leaf government has stopped us all from having fun. You wait until when they come up with bright ideas to actually fund the nhs that they have promised £20.5 billion a year to. Any Brexit dividend is pure bs and we could easily see it partially being raised by us motorists in fuel tax duty...

Thanks to DaveW for attaching the build week sheet.

There is no update with my order (A4 saloon, 2.0 TDI 190 Ultra, S-Line S-Tronic). The order was raised at the end of April and I have yet to be allocated a built slot. I also see from the A4 build / config page - “Some of the A4 Saloon engines are now subject to availability. Please speak to your local Audi Centre for pricing and stock availability matching your requirements.”

Is there any view as to whether the 2.0 TDI 190 Ultra engine will continue to MY19.

Hi Nick,
I left off a column on the sheet which had comments, because of a lack of space. It stated that:
"Ultra version replaced by non Ultra version"
Hope this helps.
Dave

Hi Nick,
I left off a column on the sheet which had comments, because of a lack of space. It stated that:
"Ultra version replaced by non Ultra version"
Hope this helps.
Dave

Thanks Dave - interesting - would you be able to upload the sheet in its entirety as I would like to take this up with the dealer. It would appear that the Ultra version I ordered is no longer available.

Many thnaks

Lease deals have totally dried up recently...

Otherwise i would have binned my order by now.

Yep only VW Arteon deals any good at min and even they arent mindblowing. There is a cracking deal on an S Class 450 amg LWB at 519 a month but not quite the same price range is it

U
Thanks Dave - interesting - would you be able to upload the sheet in its entirety as I would like to take this up with the dealer. It would appear that the Ultra version I ordered is no longer available.

Many thnaks
Unfortunately the image uploaded on this site works only with pictures and pdfs. I 've sent you a DM via the forum.