F1... Whos your money on this year?

the the way F1 works there is no way he wouldn't have known who won, he already admitted he thought he had a good chance of winning.

Thank god for that, I thought DBX was going to have a field day then, and I would have joined him.

LOL oh i didnt need to havea field day. i think these drivers are doing it for me. and lets face it, they are the best drivers in the world

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080915141257.shtml

and martin brundle said that non of the other drivers had any sympathy for shamiltons penalty last weekend. like i said, they are the best drivers in the world and they obviously no more about f1 than us arm chair critics

and martin brundle said that non of the other drivers had any sympathy for shamiltons penalty last weekend. like i said, they are the best drivers in the world and they obviously no more about f1 than us arm chair critics

they are not triple world champion like Niiki Lauda though and the latter has a completely different view to what the current drivers had

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...08103638.shtml

they are not triple world champion like Niiki Lauda though and the latter has a completely different view to what the current drivers had

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...08103638.shtml

LOL you cant be serious?

niki lauder is the most over opiniated noober out there. he would go to the opening of a letter if someone had a mic there.

jackie stewart is a triple world champ too and he fought for silverstone and he opinion didnt mean **** in the end did it?

i have to pass opinion and say that Hamilton had a great race, yes hes still showing his inexperiance by ruining his tires..... but not once was did he settle for 15th pulling 6th place out when a 1st would have been possible if those French weather systems the teams all employ were halfway correct about the supposed rainfall.

For those of you who doubt Hamilton, your fools.....the incident l;ast weekend was farcicle and indicative of the way the FIA are favouring Ferrari

DBX you cxan continue your rants, but if Massa like his team mate becomes champion...it will be by default rather than skill - Massa is the closest thing to Hamilton at the moment... but he isnt quite there IMO

Well done for Vettell for winning, i dont agree however that it was the best win by a driver for many years, acknowledged that he won in a crappy car and kept his pace with the big boys.... it definately wasn't one for the history books

welcome to the thread.

its not a rant my friend. i pointed out the FACT that the other driver who are considered the best drivers in the world - FACT. have said shamilton drives like a nob. or words to that effect. and im sure there opinions are better than ours? - FACT.

and all the EX drivers who cant keep there mouths shut, are all has been`s who drove f1 cars like 20yrs ago when they did like 100mph top speed. and even shamiltons boss ron dennis said cars have moved on since they drove one and there opinions are just that with no facts.

and i quote "Dennis hit back: "Sir Jackie retired from motor racing 35 years ago and the sport has moved on."

I don't know sometimes, do you guys want racing or what? Obviously, you have to drive like nob to overtake in an F1 car, bacause you are not going to get past otherwise. Hamilton, in my opinion, has made F1 exciting again with the way he drives, I like his agression, he wants to win, it's simple... they are paid millions to take risks out on the track, he's racing to try and win the champinship, so what do people expect him to do? Bring the car home is the same position he started in ala Massa, what has Massa done in the last few races to show he is worthy to be a champion? At least Kimi gave it a try, wiping his car out in the process, when he got passed, but his points tally is too far back for him to make ground this year now, and he knows it.

I think Hamilton is like a breath of fresh air to F1 ,i hope he wins he has so much drive and natural talant,both he and mclaren deserve to be allowed to race with no bias to any team especially ferrari.Give the guy a break ! Ps Rant over cheers Andy

I thought Laudas comments were quite good, he sided with Hamilton and said that the other drivers all disagree becuase thats just what they do, if it was kimi who had done it everyone woulf have the same feelings but then would would have to question if Ferrari International Assistance would have given him a penalty in the 1st instance. I'll admit i'm not a 100% hamilton fan BUT I do admire hs commitment to get by other drivers instead of sitting there behind other cars and complaining about the lack of overtaking.

As for Vettels win not being that good, in those conditions it comes down to the drivers ability and less about the car, he clearly pulled out a substantial lead over Heike and deserved to win, yes Hamilton at one point was catching him but there was no reeason why he needed to push and risk losing his maiden win, I guess if need be he could have gone quicker but we will never know that.

One thing that I do wonder is if Hamilton will ever win the world championship or if he will always be runner up, last year he threw it away and this year seriously looks like it might go that way again, there are lots of drivers getting stronger each year and depending on what the cars are like next year there could be Alonso, Kubica, Kimi, Heike and Hamilton all with a good chance of the title. I think this year will be the only chance Massa has and I know he drives for Ferrari but I really do think he deserves it he's driven well and outpaced a more expensive driver who was brought in with great cost to win.

Hamiltons only chance to win is to get there stratigies sorted, they could have won this weekend if it wasn't for tyre choice and last years championship was thrown away by bad decisions.

I dont think that last weekend was a bad decision so to speak. It was a gamble that could have gone either way. Ferrari gambled that it would not rain again and switched Massa to inters and McLaren gambled that it would rain again... hence staying on full wets. I mean 10 laps in all we kept hearing "its going to rain in 5 mins". Ferrari have made some shocking decisions in the pits this year. All the top teams have made some right blunders this year which I think is unbelievable! Great for the sport though...

If Massa wins, he'll derserve it because he's been the most consistant of the lot I think (as the points will show if he does win). Yes he's had some shockers but Kimi was desasterous this year, Hamilton had a few poor races too, and Heikki hasn't done anything worth shouting about either.

I think come Brazil I'll be eating my words about Massa not being able to win the WC. It has been a bizzar season thought. Every race with the exception of a couple has been brilliant. Anyone that says that F1 is predictable need to be shot!

welcome to the thread.

its not a rant my friend. i pointed out the FACT that the other driver who are considered the best drivers in the world - FACT. have said shamilton drives like a nob. or words to that effect. and im sure there opinions are better than ours? - FACT.

and all the EX drivers who cant keep there mouths shut, are all has been`s who drove f1 cars like 20yrs ago when they did like 100mph top speed. and even shamiltons boss ron dennis said cars have moved on since they drove one and there opinions are just that with no facts.

and i quote "Dennis hit back: "Sir Jackie retired from motor racing 35 years ago and the sport has moved on."

Welcome? this isnt my first butt in

are you that blinded by the fact that other drivers from other teams will have their own agenda's? maybe in the land of make beleive and hatred that you live in, things happen the way you explain...however...this is the real world - yes ex drivers have commented, but like so many have explained here and elsewhere, what happened was unavoidable unless he didnt try overtaking in the first place.....

On another note. Dont get me wrong im not taking anything away from Vettell, i just disagree with the mountain of hype over his win, and the lead he built up was not that substantial when compared to Lewis lead at silverstone....now that was monumental

I am a lewis fan if you havent noticed but i am a realist

:iagree: it started going downhill at about post 156.

nah you mean post 109 when u tried to pass of pics you have taken from a web site as yours. :asskicking:

WrongOnNet.jpg

DBX, just an off topic observation

You always seem to go against any pending trends and offer silly stupid arguments that seem both impulsive and unfounded, do you enjoy causing a 'stir' or are you actually genuine.

Come on guys lets not try and get this thread locked. Be a shame if it does because most of us do actually want to talk about the sport because its been a cracking season.

DBX, your views are your own but I'm sure a few of us would appreciate you not slagging off drivers. We're followers of the sport as much as certain teams. A good start would be to actually use the drivers' proper names. Calling people otherwise constantly is just childish and it comes across that you are trying to get a response considering that there are a few Hamilton fans that post here.

Thanks

DBX, your views are your own but I'm sure a few of us would appreciate you not slagging off drivers. Thanks

hang on a min. i only slagged off shamilton for his money grabbing, **** driving ways. i never slagged any other driver off..oh, maybe shumacker too but thats it. your right about my views tho. they are mine and thats what makes us uniq, we have our own opinions.

and if you all look back on thsi thread, i started out adding normal comments and pictures of me actualy going to a formula one race and not just in cheap **** seats. then when i view my opinions of shamilton then u guys jump on my back. so maybe instead of throwing blame towards me. you should re-read what u put first.

anyways blah blah blah. you get my point.

hang on a min. i only slagged off shamilton i never slagged any other driver off..oh, maybe shumacker too.

anyways blah blah blah. you get my point.

Yep we sure do, over & over & over again.
In fact I can't be botherd with this thread anymore, it used to be a great GROWN UP thread without any playground name calling.
Mods please lock this thread as it's going nowhere while this BOY is still posting & it doesn't look as if it's going to change while ever DBX has this "Your entitled to MY opinion" attitude.

I can't be botherd with this thread anymore

but yet you still keep reading it. weird or what.

you say its just my opinion..hmm have you ever read the forums of the very tv show that brings us formula 1???

itv-f1 in case u dont no

mods can you lock this thread so i can take my ball home coss i cant take other peoples opinions. blah

http://forums.itv.com/thread/676912.aspx

http://forums.itv.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=lewis&s=101

anyways back to the topic. i think massa will win this year. this is his year to shine and personally "IN MY OPINION" if he doesnt then he will never do it.

"Former double World Champion Fernando Alonso has thrown his weight behind Felipe Massa's title campaign.
"

anyways back to the topic. i think massa will win this year. this is his year to shine and personally "IN MY OPINION" if he doesnt then he will never do it.

Massa looks good for it doesn't he. Slowly creaping up on Lewis. I think if he does go for it this year, he may get another one. Confidence boost? Time will tell.

I think next race will go McLarens way. Night, low temps, slow Ferrari. Should be a good one though. Rain is predicted for the race. Had quite a bit of that this year! Past few years we've had close to no rain at all in a season. Global warming my a$$!

well its D-Day today with the court of appeal and if it goes in mclaren favour then its kinda over for massa. i mean he`s been putting in the results slowly but surely but i reckon lewis`s car thats last years alonso technology car, will do it.

i sincerely hope that Lewis comes through naturally, he started the year off with a lesser car than the Ferrari to be now more equal.....being a Lewis fan aside and being british...id prefer the underdog (more British) team to come through - Mclaren

What a shame (or should that be sham) completely the wrong decision by the FIA IMHO.

I would also have had more respect for Ferrari if they hadn't got involved with the hearing and left it between MClaren and the FIA.

The fact that Charlie confirmed that LH had done enough should have been an end to the matter. Otherwise what point is Charlie's opinion on anything ?

Paul

trouble is charlie whitting isn't in the position to make the ultimate decision that was the stewards job. If it had been the other way around and kimi got the penaulty obviously thats assuming the FIA were'nt biased towards Ferrari like they seem to be and Ferrari appealed then we would all ranting that the 25 second penaulty was deserved, its only because its hamilton that we think its wrong, any other driver and it would have been the correct decision.

I still think that Hamiltons move was fair and if there was any doubt then he should have let him passed and stayed there for at least half a lap, although I admire his aggression and his ability to pass other cars he seems to be in too much of a rush sometimes, he clearly had the faster car and i'm sure he would have been able to get a good run on kimi at enrouge (sp) and passed him without all of this politics, he had the same issue last year and threw away the world championship and I feel the same thing is going to happen. I actually wonder if he is ever going to win the championship he does so much right but then both he and the team throw things away by being impatient or making the wrong choice.

I'd like to think that I wouldn't agree with the decision even if it was Kimi punished.

With cool hindsight I'm sure that Hamilton would have given Kimi a greater advantage, but these guys are all keyed up and racing.

You can't let the race result change 2 hours after the end of the race.

I guess it will make for a closer end to the champonship though which is good for the spectators.

Singapore next any predictions ?

HondaF1's first win of the season ? :ohmy:

Regards,

Paul

just came across this in the itv-f1 forum and makes for some intersting read i think. not only are they valid points but also the guys replying seem to agree.

http://forums.itv.com/thread/757853.aspx

anyways im looking forward to the race this weekend. should be a great race and in such a unusual environmentwith not much track time to test, then its gonna show who can adapt best to the environment :beerchug:

yeah but they will be nice spins :) if it does rain how much would you like to bet that mclaren put slicks on hamilton !

Predictions...? I think McLaren might do it. Cooler temps will not help the red cars I dont think. Ferrari seem to be confident that they have cracked their poor wet weather performance. I'm not so sure it can be done over night. Will be an interesting one to watch tho. Maybe the STR's will be up there too?

On another note, anyone else looking forward to an advert free season next year? :arco:

Yep we sure do, over & over & over again.
In fact I can't be botherd with this thread anymore, it used to be a great GROWN UP thread without any playground name calling.
Mods please lock this thread as it's going nowhere while this BOY is still posting & it doesn't look as if it's going to change while ever DBX has this "Your entitled to MY opinion" attitude.

No need to let one person spoil a decent thread for everyone else.

J.

back on track.....

Singapore? really good idea holding it at night, just cant get to grips how they can build a track from scratch and make it so limited for overtaking purposes....

Regardless, Massa had some extremely bad luck i thought, although i dont have as much sympathy as its a team effort and they should have learnt the first time it happend earlier in the season...... LHamilton drove a good race, although the severe lack of overtaking areas really harmed him, and thankfully now he has the points that he should never have lost in the first place

still all to play for..... may the best man win:superman: