F1 Silverstone contract going forward - for F1 and other motorsport FANS

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Makes me MAD!

Sooo many current and past successful and not-so-successful so called 'British' F1 driver and so called 'stars' who made their name at Silverstone and ready to GRAB and carry and parade and wrap around themselves the Union Jack while paying ZERO taxes to the UK whilst living in a tax haven as they do but unable to contribute to a HOME circuit where 'ordinary' motor sport aficionados' can enjoy from afar them same skills they developed at Silverstone - but refrain from contributing to the circuit that gave them the funds to enjoy the laps of luxury they now enjoy.

Just saying, it makes me mad...

Current mega-earning flag carriers need to be putting hands in pockets if only to re-invest in the UK sport.

Plus, the effectiveness of them recent BRDC executives, are pure *****.

Just sayin' and feeling a tad better... :whistle2:

Reactions: jojo and Ghost
Seeing all them 'British' drivers and celebs who quickly fly off back to tax havens while 'flying the flag' I think this, as is the same for US Citizens, for funding Silverstone and the NHS and whatever else would make me love them fly-away Brits a little more, maybe:

A passport tax: the principle is simple; if you have a (UK) passport then you pay (UK) tax on your worldwide income unless tax resident in a state with a full double tax agreement with the UK. :superman:

Reactions: Ghost