1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Season 2017 (Chat Thread)

jojo Mar 7, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Evening all, surprised no ones created this yet! Was you all waiting for me? :D

I've been a bit too busy to follow anything F1 for the new season so far, don't even know which team is quickest so far?

But the season is around the corner, so Gooooo Lewis! :racer:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

I was busy @jojo
    Will leave this here.
    Formula 1 live on TV: 2017 race calendar
    26th March – Australian Grand Prix
    Live on Sky Sports F1, highlights on Channel 4

9th April – Chinese Grand Prix
    Live on Sky Sports, highlights on Channel 4

16th April – Bahrain Grand Prix
    Live on Channel 4 and Sky Sports

30th April – Russian Grand Prix

14th May – Spanish Grand Prix

28th May – Monaco Grand Prix

11th June – Canadian Grand Prix

25th June – European Grand Prix (Azerbaijan)

9th July – Austrian Grand Prix

16th July – British Grand Prix (Silverstone)

30th July – Hungarian Grand Prix

27th August – Belgian Grand Prix

3rd September – Italian Grand Prix

17th September – Singapore Grand Prix

1st October – Malaysian Grand Prix

8th October – Japanese Grand Prix

22nd October – USA Grand Prix

29th October – Mexican Grand Prix

12th November – Brazilian Grand Prix

26th November – Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Scottyg likes this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Booooooo! Gold Supporter

Anyone want to make any predictions for this years F1 season?

5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Yes. I'm winning. :) x

jojo likes this.
  6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Lewis Hamilton will walk it. Bottas will wipe him out in at least one race along the way! :D

7. Sandra

I think Ricardo going to do well this year. Verstappen going to clock up a few wins along the way.

8. Ghost

[​IMG]
    :)

RS3copilot and jojo like this.
  9. Ghost

Hamilton dominates both practice sessions..
    [​IMG]

jojo likes this.
  10. jojo

That sounds like it's going to be a boring season to look forward to! :D

11. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Looking good in FP3. Vettel fastest and not just by 0.05s . Stroll bins it, I bet Frank Williams is wondering if letting Bottas go was his best idea. Indeed Williams don't seem to have put up a very good time.Hulkenburg loooks good dragging the Renault to somewhere it shouldn't be. Wehrlein taking the weekend off due to lack of fitness. That I think shows these cars are a lot more physical to drive, they look like they are on rails in the corners.
    Red Bull don't look to be on the pace at all.

Ghost likes this.
  12. Avatar

13. Ghost

It will be interesting to see with all the speed and grip, if it add's to any overtaking. ( I don't think it will )

I wonder if the difference in speed between the top 3 teams and the 3 slowest teams will be a problem in the race, and how many times will they be lapping the slower cars? I can hear them moaning about blue flags already :)

Get rid of the blue flags I say, and let them race with the slower cars :)

desertstorm likes this.
  14. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Jolyon Palmer looked particularly unhappy. Hulkenburg has made him look really bad being so much faster. Will be a race at the back between Stroll and Palmer for last place I suspect. Possibly one of the Mclarens will take the honours though on unreliabilty grounds.

15. Ghost

Only the first race, so I don't think we can make or take to much from Oz, but good to see Ferrari can keep Mercedes honest, and I don't think Red Bull are that much behind.

16. Ghost

[​IMG] :)

45bvtc, RS3copilot and jojo like this.
  17. Ghost

Sauber has confirmed Pascal Wehrlein will return to the cockpit for Bahrain.

Scottyg likes this.
  18. Ghost

jojo likes this.
  19. jojo

Good luck to him, I doubt he will be missed at Monaco, and an opportunity to be in a competitive car, it's a win win for him.

20. Ghost

I agree Jojo.

Be interesting to see who gets the Monaco drive?

Button ?
    Maldonado ?

21. jojo

Jensen is back! Not bad having an ex F1 Champion on your books as back up hey!

slepy and Ghost like this.
  22. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi TT Audi RS3

Me thinks Mercedes is missing the race set-up skills of Rosberg; both Mercedes still have the power but neither driver can provide race 'balance'.

It's one thing getting pole position on a Saturday but the points are collected on a Sunday which is why Ferrari do their set-up work on a Friday.

Go Seb!

slepy likes this.
  23. jojo

Not much talk of Bottas's maiden F1 win hey? Lol

Guess it can't be helped he's a boring sod then.

Lewis was anonymous in this race, but Bottas has done him a favour by beating Vettel!

Ghost likes this.
  24. desertstorm

Bit of a boring one apart from the first few and last few laps. Great to see Bottas get his feet under the table with a win. Hopefully he will pick up some more and make it a three way run for the title with Hamilton and Vettel. I can see Mercedes pulling a bit of a gap once they understand the car a bit better and get to grips with the tyre issues they seem to have.
    They haven't done as good a job as Ferrari over the winter. If Jolyon Palmer carries on the way he is going he will be replaced. Another poor weekend with a load of damage to the car. And Hulkenburg showing that the car has pace.

25. Ghost

Good to see Bottas take his first win, but it wasn't so much a 53 lap race, but a race into the first corner.

I can remember not thinking much about Verstappen's first win, but then he showed more racing ability in the next few races.

Let's see what Bottas can do with the rest of the season.

jojo likes this.
  26. Ghost

The Red Bulls will have some new toys coming this weekend, so if we going to see a change of colour on the podium, it maybe in the next 2 races.

[​IMG]

27. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi TT Audi RS3

Bottas to replace Kimi next year - my 2018 prediction... [​IMG]

Ghost likes this.
  28. desertstorm

I agree John, If Mercedes don't take up the option on him, and I think they would be daft not too.
    If Ferrari lose the constructors championship just based on the performance of the second driver I think there will be some big money contract flying about for the right person. Alonso , Daniel Ricardo, Verstappen who knows.

Ghost and 45bvtc like this.
  29. 45bvtc

Go back some Karl and I thought Valtteri a no-brainer for Mercedes.

Ok, Toto was (maybe still is but said he wouldn't be???) his manager but that fact wasn't in my equation; I thought Valterri equal to the task in hand and for me better than the other one who continues to loose out :racer:

I like Kimi but he ain't delivering. I don't see Ricciardo anywhere else. Verstappen, yes; but not sure what his contract is and Red Bull would be silly to lose him and leave themselves with Ricciardo, in my view.

Valtteri is on a 12-month contract (still!?!?) and has already shown his metal against a team mate who some say is 'the best' [​IMG]who's suddenly gone all "racing for the TEAM" again... Beginning of the season and he didn't want to share anything and now he wants to share everything...

Gotta be careful as RS3copilot is a dedicated fan of 'the other' as are a fair number of others but not me (NALF)

Valtteri alongside Sebastian with BOTH committed to 'development' of the car would be something! [​IMG]

As we already know, Valtteri's current team mate doesn't see the need for testing and it shows [​IMG]

Radio chat of the year so far: "let me past him now and I'll let him past me later" [​IMG]

NALF - as jojo knows, I'm a Seb FAN...

Seb Russia.JPG

jojo and Ghost like this.
  30. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person. VCDS Map User Fantasy Formula 1 Winner 2018

Nando back to Ferrari next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31. 45bvtc

I think Nico took the 'magic bullets' with him...

upload_2017-5-10_19-31-51.png

It does seem to be the 'one' thing Mercedes are missing this year; just sayin'

[​IMG]

Ghost likes this.
  32. Ghost

Stop it!! [​IMG]

45bvtc likes this.
  33. Avatar

34. 45bvtc

Sorry, NOT, Ghost but the excuses keep on coming and for me a blind man can see the reasons why. I wonder if "we'll" attempt that same idiotic lap #1 overtake this year - or maybe they've added a wall to 'keep cars off the grass' [​IMG]

NALF

35. desertstorm

Ghost and slepy like this.
  36. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person. VCDS Map User Fantasy Formula 1 Winner 2018

I assume that with the revs F1 engines run, the oil pressure must be quite high. Probably can chuck out quite a bit in no time.

Ghost likes this.
  37. Ghost

38. desertstorm

It was good of Ferrari to do this, at least something good came of a bad day for them.As Martin Brundle said there will be lots of people crying whenever a car you support crashes.

Ghost likes this.
  39. slepy

What a few laps by Kimi . Brilliant

Ham cocked it up.

Ghost and Sandra like this.
  40. Sandra

Bottas did well, Ricardo, vettel, and raikonen on poll. Going to be good race day tomorrow

Ghost likes this.
  41. slepy

Personally I think the monaco qually is better than race

Have a feeling Seb will be lifting champ trophy end of the year.

Sandra likes this.
  42. Sandra

lol, Hamilton is just so pathetic

slepy likes this.
  43. slepy

He is going for a 2 hour drive tomorrow

Sandra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.